• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Stuartmcateer

Dude scored the winning goal, damn let him have it atleast, you can be critical of him as much as you want but you cant take away that he scored the winning goal
I'm critical of his general play. He's hardly tearing it up.

Yes he scored the winning goal but it's not like he went on a massive dribble through 45 players messi style and was the only person who did anything. It's a team game and vuka won us the cup with the saves as much as alou did with the goal. And vuka IS doing that every game.

priorpeter

Alou’s been much maligned by many on here but I actually don’t think he’s been as bad as many seem to make out. His hold up play (as well as his aerial presence) has been sorely underrated by many.
Hard for any of our strikers to get into any sort of rhythm when they’re only playing 45 mins a game for the most part.

Michael

Err no, actually he's the fastest player we've got.
Brian would 100% be faster. Alou (despite being Bambi on ice) is quite fast too.
I remember DWH being pretty rapid but it’s been so long since we’ve seen him.

His whole situation is interesting, club will either have to pay him out or find some kind of transfer for him given he’s contracted for next season.

Corsair

Brian would 100% be faster. Alou (despite being Bambi on ice) is quite fast too.
I remember DWH being pretty rapid but it’s been so long since we’ve seen him.

His whole situation is interesting, club will either have to pay him out or find some kind of transfer for him given he’s contracted for next season.
Forgot about Brian, yes he's faster..maybe stick him up top for a preseason game?!

turbo

I suspect part of him never getting a shot at redemption is 'encouraging' him to look for a move with a mutual release. With Auckland and potentially Canberra spinning up he may have some options. Brutal for him to play very little football these last two seasons.

Corsair

so you're talking about a game ? so the figures could be a guess from 6 or 7 years ago
Have a go at this instead then

"A fast and skilful attacking player with a sensational goal scoring ability"

Or watch his acceleration in some of his goals, or keep thinking he's slow, i don't care!

Stuartmcateer

Alou’s been much maligned by many on here but I actually don’t think he’s been as bad as many seem to make out. His hold up play (as well as his aerial presence) has been sorely underrated by many.
I think that's the difference in opinions in this thread, and it's probably semantics, but not that bad is hardly shining.

Solid but uninspiring is how I usually describe him. He's doing a job but you always get the impression he is leaving a bit in the tank (especially in and around the 6 yard box).

true believer

Have a go at this instead then

"A fast and skilful attacking player with a sensational goal scoring ability"

Or watch his acceleration in some of his goals, or keep thinking he's slow, i don't care!

i believe my own eye's . he's not the first player that wasn't the same after injury .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred