• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

sydmariner

Could have walked back to Woy Woy quicker! I actually saw "The Cheeseguy" walking to a Mariners game a few years at an alarming clip from Woy Woy so it can be done....tbf that guy was like the Rainman but with foul language lol.
Whatever happened to him?.

Ironbark

I'd move Torres to the left, Doka forward, Storm on

Vuka
Roux - H/P/W* - Kaltek - Faz
Doka - Max - Niz - Torres
Tulio
- Kuol

* Hall/Paull/Windust. Only position I feel doesn't pick itself

What's the deal with Millard? Is he pushing for a bench spot or where is he at?
Ahem...would just like to point out, somewhat smugly, that I called this after week 2 and halfway through our first 4 losses - and it was generally dismissed.
Hall ended up being the no.1 CB next to Brian that I was unsure about (he has been brilliant), and Niz moved forward after Tulio left.
I explained my reasoning in the game thread leading into the game in round 3, including when Tulio not there Niz should move forward:
QUOTE="Ironbark, post: 370594, member: 3637"]
I've said this elsewhere, but

Danny
Storm Paull/Hall Kaltak Faz
Niz Max
Doka Tulio Torres
Alou

Torres on the left - his crosses and assists will come off his left foot which is his strength
Remove a little of Doka's defensive load and i reckon he'll be an even better attacker. Tuck in for Storm overlaps. Same with Torres to let Faz bomb through. Alou on the end of things, Tulio pulling strings, threading the needle and taking some shots will draw defenders too

Key subs - DiPizio, Theo, DWH
If Tulio tires - Niz to 10 and Steele in
[/QUOTE]
I did have more hopes for DWH back then and will wear that one.

But overall I think Jacko should get me on board as an advisor.

Alright, brag session over. It just hit me how close I got after 2 games

Big Al

Ahem...would just like to point out, somewhat smugly, that I called this after week 2 and halfway through our first 4 losses - and it was generally dismissed.
Hall ended up being the no.1 CB next to Brian that I was unsure about (he has been brilliant), and Niz moved forward after Tulio left.
I explained my reasoning in the game thread leading into the game in round 3, including when Tulio not there Niz should move forward:

Danny
Niz Max
Doka Tulio Torres
Alou

Torres on the left - his crosses and assists will come off his left foot which is his strength
Remove a little of Doka's defensive load and i reckon he'll be an even better attacker. Tuck in for Storm overlaps. Same with Torres to let Faz bomb through. Alou on the end of things, Tulio pulling strings, threading the needle and taking some shots will draw defenders too

[/QUOTE]
Well done but youā€™re missing Tappy šŸ˜‚ the internet is always here to bring you down. Seriously good picks

Corsair

Jacko obviously doesn't rate him. He is fit as far as I know
Very small compared to our current starting strikers. If you're equal or less quality and physically much smaller you're not going to get picked. He's quick but Kuol is almost as quick and I'd bet edmo is not far off it.

Ironbark

Well done but youā€™re missing Tappy šŸ˜‚ the internet is always here to bring you down. Seriously good picks
[/QUOTE]
I think Tappy was injured at the time

Ancient Mariner

Danny
Niz Max
Doka Tulio Torres
Alou

[/QUOTE]

I think there are a small minority here who are good judges of prospective quality players. Welcome to the club.

Tevor

I think there are a small minority here who are good judges of prospective quality players. Welcome to the club.
[/QUOTE]
Too many jump to early conclusions and harp on thatā€™s for sure. Could never understand the negativity towards Urena, what was said about Doka early this season was also very poor.

I havenā€™t given up on Paull and next season he will have an opportunity to step up with Hall moving on. I just think the fullback experiment has been tried and failed so no need to go there again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred