• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Insertnamehere

Exactly - it’s crucial we spend it wisely rather than splashing it on career aleague players
2 sides of the same coin. I think he could do a storm and go up a level by coming back. But the price has to be right for the club. My assumption is he's not out of touch salary wise.

Like I said we're going to need experience. Theo isnt a starter, nor Wilson or Brandtman. And an import is going to have a ramp up period.

priorpeter

2 sides of the same coin. I think he could do a storm and go up a level by coming back. But the price has to be right for the club. My assumption is he's not out of touch salary wise.

Like I said we're going to need experience. Theo isnt a starter, nor Wilson or Brandtman. And an import is going to have a ramp up period.
Absolutely fair - though I have an inkling he may be asking for a fair bit more $$ than what we might naturally assume. Wasn’t exactly on petrol money at CFG or WU!
Thankfully, our successes mean that we no longer need to fork out a premium to get these kinds of players in. We hold the cards.

Michael

For every bunch of academy products we need one or 2 solid aleague level aussie players. Lachie fits that. Doesn’t mean it’ll ever happen ofcourse.

But let’s think about this, max and niz are covered by tapp and Steele stepping up. Then you’d assume Scicluna is the youth cover there, Kasalovic should be too but we know what’s going on there. Brandtman will take MDP’s squad spot IF (who even knows what the situation is) MDP has to go to Denmark or we sorted that out. I’d like jing’s spot to replaced by a quality visa that can play upfront and out wide, but DWH is a multi year deal and if we can’t sort a transfer for him Jacko might have to give him a genuine crack or we’ll have to pay him out.

Mauragis covering potential Fazz exit. Paull is the replacement for Hally. But if Brian goes we need a solid senior signing. And what youth prospects can step into the senior squad at CB?

Torres will be replaced by a Visa signing as we’ll need serious quality there.
Vuka’s potential retirement is covered by Warshawsky.

Yeah we know the budget is small and we need to be frugal with our business but a lot of it is already done with players already here.

pjennings

Consider the likely outs next yr. We're gonna need some experience.
Niz, Faz, Angel, Max, Hally, maybe Vuka, MDP, Jing and Ronnie. Lots of minutes to replace.

I think we will lose Farrell, Hall, Balard, Nisbet, Barcellos, Torres & Reec.

MDP supposedly had signed OS before but I think it was unclear what happened in January so hopefully I would like him to stay. Vuka is still one of the best GKs in the league and provides experience in a youngish squad so I would like him to stay for another year and possibly transition one of the young keepers during the season. I think I would also look to pick up some good young players from around the clubs and I would target Connor Pain rather than Wales.

That said I could see our squad looking like Vukovic, Warshawsky, Peraic-Cullen, Smith, Mauragis, Kaltak, Paull, (two of Visa CB, Majekodunmi, Windust), Roux, Kuzevski, Steele, Tapp, Wilson, Kasalovic, Piscopo, Di Pizio, Pain, Bennie, Visa CS, Edmondson, Kuol, Wenzell-Halls, Waddingham, Brandtman
Duarte, Doka, Theoharous

7 players 20 or under, 5 visa players (BTW I would take CumDingo back - even on loan - instead of the one of the visa spots)

JoyfulPenguin

For every bunch of academy products we need one or 2 solid aleague level aussie players. Lachie fits that. Doesn’t mean it’ll ever happen ofcourse.

But let’s think about this, max and niz are covered by tapp and Steele stepping up. Then you’d assume Scicluna is the youth cover there, Kasalovic should be too but we know what’s going on there. Brandtman will take MDP’s squad spot IF (who even knows what the situation is) MDP has to go to Denmark or we sorted that out. I’d like jing’s spot to replaced by a quality visa that can play upfront and out wide, but DWH is a multi year deal and if we can’t sort a transfer for him Jacko might have to give him a genuine crack or we’ll have to pay him out.

Mauragis covering potential Fazz exit. Paull is the replacement for Hally. But if Brian goes we need a solid senior signing. And what youth prospects can step into the senior squad at CB?

Torres will be replaced by a Visa signing as we’ll need serious quality there.
Vuka’s potential retirement is covered by Warshawsky.

Yeah we know the budget is small and we need to be frugal with our business but a lot of it is already done with players already here.
Cher Deng has been very good at centre back for us in the Academy, still very raw but looks a great prospect.

style_cafe

I think we will lose Farrell, Hall, Balard, Nisbet, Barcellos, Torres & Reec.

MDP supposedly had signed OS before but I think it was unclear what happened in January so hopefully I would like him to stay. Vuka is still one of the best GKs in the league and provides experience in a youngish squad so I would like him to stay for another year and possibly transition one of the young keepers during the season. I think I would also look to pick up some good young players from around the clubs and I would target Connor Pain rather than Wales.

That said I could see our squad looking like Vukovic, Warshawsky, Peraic-Cullen, Smith, Mauragis, Kaltak, Paull, (two of Visa CB, Majekodunmi, Windust), Roux, Kuzevski, Steele, Tapp, Wilson, Kasalovic, Piscopo, Di Pizio, Pain, Bennie, Visa CS, Edmondson, Kuol, Wenzell-Halls, Waddingham, Brandtman
Duarte, Doka, Theoharous

7 players 20 or under, 5 visa players (BTW I would take CumDingo back - even on loan - instead of the one of the visa spots)
I`m hearing Nizzy wants to stay... :popcorn:

Big Al

Exactly - it’s crucial we spend it wisely rather than splashing it on career aleague players
Exactly can’t sell him and not producing enough to be a top line career A Leaguer.

If he wasn’t local everyone would see him differently. Wasteful. Hasn’t kicked on like hoped. He is probably at his peak now and that is at a very bottom team for most of the season.

Better chasing the next generation from other clubs that need a go. The skill level of the next generation is better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred