• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

shipwreck

Would absolutely love an announcement on Miller.. Have we even officially announced the signing of Aquilina?

Michael

Absolutely blown away that Birra hasn’t been selected in the Roos squad. Yeah he probably won’t play if he did but it’s deserved recognition for 2 seasons of absolute consistent top level goalkeeping. How can you not pick the GK of the year? Arnie is destroying the reputation he spent soooo long building. Redmayne over Birra? HONESTLY

Michael

would have to be the Kye replacement…. I mean I personally have called for an experienced foreign or Aussie signing especially since Ollies gone, but I hope he’s one of those supremely fit 35yo’s. Would be of a good standard no doubt and very professional. Just the level of fitness would concern me.

turbo

Any link would mean we’re punting a visa player or this is the injury replacement for Moresche and will then need to punt one when he returns.

Michael

Maybe wrong but he doesn't fit our operating model.
I agree, but I can also see how’d it’d make sense. Left sided CB to replace kye who’s very likely to get a move overseas. And adds some pretty important and needed elder experience for all our youth. See what happens I suppose.
I personally don’t mind picking up players from Scotland, technically sound hard working footballers. Our league and theirs arent far apart financially so not too hard to entice them.

Michael

Any link would mean we’re punting a visa player or this is the injury replacement for Moresche and will then need to punt one when he returns.
I don’t expect Monty to go for an injury replacement. I see him sharing moresches minutes amongst a couple deserving youth boys.

turbo

I agree, but I can also see how’d it’d make sense. Left sided CB to replace kye who’s very likely to get a move overseas. And adds some pretty important and needed elder experience for all our youth. See what happens I suppose.
I personally don’t mind picking up players from Scotland, technically sound hard working footballers. Our league and theirs arent far apart financially so not too hard to entice them.
Especially if RT moves elsewhere. Might be nice to have some experience at the back to call upon.

FFC Mariner

If we lose Kye we have 2 AL level centrebacks on our books (if RT can get back on the pitch)
We also don't have any visa spots do we?

marinermick

If we lose Birraz and Kye we actually lose a heap of experience and leadership. While they are both young they had plenty of a-league appearances and were part of the leadership group.

We simply won’t be competitive with Hall, Windust and Souzer, therefore we need to recruit strongly in this area.

Scoring goals wasn’t an issue this season but we conceded plenty, so I am pleased that Monty is looking to strengthen in this area with a hard, older centre back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb