• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

dlanod

Michael

Rising Sun

Yeah, finally found it.

The PFA kicked up a stink over it.
What a mess we were that week, definitely the low point. PFA called in by disgruntled players, the club practically giving away tickets just to get somebody to turn up to the Nix game and then the humiliating defeat to cap it off

I think there have been other examples as well, including I think under Okon, that were not reported, where players were sent to train in the corner in an attempt to "persuade" them to "mutually" agree to a contract termination. Struggling to remember names but I struggle to remember what I had for breakfast these days so no surprise really.

turbo

I think there have been other examples as well
I think there’s a difference between saying go train with the youth team and you 4 go kick a ball somewhere by yourselves. Need to maintain a standard of professionalism and that’s where the PFA comes into it.

Michael

I don’t think many would be disappointed if Max was given the captaincy full time. He had a great game not burdened by the arm band.

I remember an interview he did maybe last pre season or early season and he said one of his goals is to be the best midfielder in the comp or something along those lines, I scoffed at the time as he’d only made a couple sub appearances. He’s improved exponentially and continues on that path. And to think he was dragged at half time on his starting debut by Staj.

turbo

I don’t think many would be disappointed if Max was given the captaincy full time. He had a great game not burdened by the arm band.
Not yet. I think you need a louder and more confident voice in a young squad. For me that's Cummings based on what we have right now, potentially the new visa CB if they are quality.

Big Al

Not yet. I think you need a louder and more confident voice in a young squad. For me that's Cummings based on what we have right now, potentially the new visa CB if they are quality.
Agree he is not ready yet and I actually don’t think he played well like others do. I hope one of the new players to come in is captain material.
He still needs time to learn the league before being burdened with captaincy.

Cummings is a character but not a captain. He needs to be the jovial fun guy he is not the serious captain type.

Ironbark

I'm still wondering if one the the new recruits on the way is earmarked for captain, particularly the experienced CB

Maxy might be one for the future. Wilkinson was pretty young when he started as our captain, but we definitely need an assertive voice and I think Max needs to grow into it yet.

That said I don't know what he's like at training or amongst the lads really so just an impression

Insertnamehere

Agree he is not ready yet and I actually don’t think he played well like others do. I hope one of the new players to come in is captain material.
He still needs time to learn the league before being burdened with captaincy.

Cummings is a character but not a captain. He needs to be the jovial fun guy he is not the serious captain type.
Agree. The captain needs to be able to kick some ass within the team at times. Its hard to then on the other hand be the joker, fun times guy.

He could be a useful VC. Serious at times but not to the point of tuning guys up, but also helping boost guys after a dressing down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred