• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

turbo

Simon Hill was a little more hesitant on the idea of taking Cummings, not saying he shouldn't go, but still having reservations (why? I'll never know, probably just to be the contrarian).
I'd prefer to have jmac or Taggart if we've got a penalty tbh but at the very least Jamie is a passenger without service and Taggart is never far from the physio bench. Cummings can score but his biggest point of difference is how he can drop deep and stay involved in a game when the service isnt there. I'm confident he would help us get more from the likes of Mabil, Boyle, etc.. who are really our in form attackers at NT level. Unfortunately he hasnt been integrated into the setup anywhere near early enough to take advantage of that and build understanding. Hopefully the next manager can see that.

turbo

Personally I don't think Taggart is in the conversation, Duke is more likely at the WC than Taggart.
Duke is locked in. Has been the most consistent forward this campaign so no question there. I don't love the selection overall but you can't deny where he sits in the pecking order and he brings something Arnold obviously wants.

Main issue is how many strikers we're willing to take. The easy answer if 3 is Duke, Jmac, Taggart. I don't think it's the best answer but it's probably the safest answer if you're looking to avoid criticism and isn't a hard one to defend. If they're taking 4 does Garang count or does he get viewed as a mid/wing? IMO you take Duke, either Jmac or Taggart and Cummings as your 3 main strikers but it would take some courage to leave one of those two out. If he was going to show that sort of courage you'd think there would be more evidence of it in previous selections.

pjennings

Duke is locked in. Has been the most consistent forward this campaign so no question there. I don't love the selection overall but you can't deny where he sits in the pecking order and he brings something Arnold obviously wants.

Main issue is how many strikers we're willing to take. The easy answer if 3 is Duke, Jmac, Taggart. I don't think it's the best answer but it's probably the safest answer if you're looking to avoid criticism and isn't a hard one to defend. If they're taking 4 does Garang count or does he get viewed as a mid/wing? IMO you take Duke, either Jmac or Taggart and Cummings as your 3 main strikers but it would take some courage to leave one of those two out. If he was going to show that sort of courage you'd think there would be more evidence of it in previous selections.
I'd look at it as pick the 23 you were going to do. Then for the extra 3 spots who can change the game. Cummings, Kuol and Arzani all can do that and I would have all 3 on the plane.

scottmac

Suspended
What's the chances of Kuol coming back to us until the end of the season? Would that affect his visa situation poorly?

Allreet?

What's the chances of Kuol coming back to us until the end of the season? Would that affect his visa situation poorly?
Can't see how it would affect his visa situation.

Probably unlikely though. If he plays every game at the WC he might qualify for a work permit straight away. If not, NUFC will probably want to see how he goes in a Euro league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred