• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Michael

Vuka is such a solid choice. Genuine leader and positive professional influence.

Was good to get down and watch an hour or so of training. Lads looked to be in a good place, competitive and happy environment. Only ones not doing full work were Moresche (obviously) but he looks to be on track. And Kelechi, Tulio and JC who mainly did light fitness work and JC did an extended shooting drill by himself towards the end. I’d say Monty’s just controlling his work load after the Roo’s travel etc.
Going off today I’d say Hally and Kaltak will be the CB’s this weekend. All of our wingers and forwards looked sharp so flip a coin who starts there.

Tevor

Vuka is such a solid choice. Genuine leader and positive professional influence.

Was good to get down and watch an hour or so of training. Lads looked to be in a good place, competitive and happy environment. Only ones not doing full work were Moresche (obviously) but he looks to be on track. And Kelechi, Tulio and JC who mainly did light fitness work and JC did an extended shooting drill by himself towards the end. I’d say Monty’s just controlling his work load after the Roo’s travel etc.
Going off today I’d say Hally and Kaltak will be the CB’s this weekend. All of our wingers and forwards looked sharp so flip a coin who starts there.
Thanks for the insight.

Corsair

Assume Garang was not there?

Corsair

This statement about Peil is extremely positive news and really great to hear:

"Richard is on the ground, he wants to be involved, and he is passionate about football. He has invested in resources at the training ground, things like recovery ice baths that most teams take for granted. We didn’t have that.

I think with his background in health and fitness, he pulled a few strings. So, we now have the resources and equipment to build better athletes."

Ads

I don’t mind what Newcastle have done in theory with the 3 captains.

I think on the pitch at any one time there should be a captain or leader for each line.

Someone directing the forward (Cumdog), someone the middle (Max) and then Vuka leading the backline.

These captains of their line especially in defence need to make sure each line is like a wall and they press the line forward all together (300 style)!!!

scottmac

Suspended
I don’t mind what Newcastle have done in theory with the 3 captains.

I think on the pitch at any one time there should be a captain or leader for each line.

Someone directing the forward (Cumdog), someone the middle (Max) and then Vuka leading the backline.

These captains of their line especially in defence need to make sure each line is like a wall and they press the line forward all together (300 style)!!!
Don't agree. You can be a leader in your position without the status. The captain is the teams leader and sets the tone for the entire squad. Once you dilute that message with someone else's interpretation it becomes confusing and potentially toxic.
IMO you choose 3 because you're not confident they'll always be on the pitch.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Don't get me wrong , Vuka is a good a captain choice as any BUT if the boys are clicking and doing their job , his gonna be at least 60 - 80 metres away from the play at any point , how's he gonna talk sense to Kurt Arms, Aims , whatever (yeah right) if his cant see what happened cause his too far away?...locker room leader sure, but on field cap, hmm

Tevor

Don't get me wrong , Vuka is a good a captain choice as any BUT if the boys are clicking and doing their job , his gonna be at least 60 - 80 metres away from the play at any point , how's he gonna talk sense to Kurt Arms, Aims , whatever (yeah right) if his cant see what happened cause his too far away?...locker room leader sure, but on field cap, hmm
The ref's don't listen to anyone from CCM so it doesn't really matter.

scottmac

Suspended
Pffft, when is the last time the word of a Mariners captain influenced a ref's decision. ? Besides with Danny's luck arguing the toss in a yellow shirt he's probably better off further away. The run gives him time to calm down. ???

He'll be a big voice marshalling the troops. Give you an indication that Monty plans for us to be ridiculously strong & stingy in defence.
I know we've spoke about the lack of midfield options but the 3 we have (thats forgetting about cb come dm's) all very much suit the strong defensive unit we've signed and should compliment it. Going forward will rely on their passing range to have improved unless we go around or over them.
Still think we might see a midfield signing

Last edited:

Tevor

Pffft, when is the last time the word of a Mariners captain influenced a ref's decision. ? Besides with Danny's luck arguing the toss in a yellow shirt he's probably better off further away. The run gives him time to calm down. ???
Simon used to infuriate them more. No ref ever changes their decision, we just need to play good clean football and don't worry about the inevitable injustices we will cop this season just like every other season that I can remember. Penalty Adelaide!

Corsair

Simon used to infuriate them more. No ref ever changes their decision, we just need to play good clean football and don't worry about the inevitable injustices we will cop this season just like every other season that I can remember. Penalty Adelaide!
I think you mean:
Penalty Adelaide!
Penalty Adelaide!
Penalty Adelaide!

10/10 triple pike with somersault from Mauk.

and I still can't say Shaun Fkin Evans name without a twitch and steam coming out my ears. Cheating cnut. I hope he is not allowed to ref any of our matches this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami