• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

ashman89

Daily Oz Football reporting we are linked to Costa Rican international Marco Urena
I love how they say Ccm because we were looking at a Costa Rican at one stage lol

old mate says Adelaide bound so let’s see haha 9clubs in 6yrs is an interesting fact

true believer

33 goals in 230 games over 10 years - should fit in nicely in our attack
Marco Urena

Costa Rican Primera División

YearMatchesGoals
Yellow
Red
2019-20311261

Avoca

33 goals in 230 games over 10 years - should fit in nicely in our attack
From Futbol Centroamerica (8 hours ago)

“Manudo would have everything ready to join an institution of the A-League, the Australian First Division. In addition, they specified that he will travel to the island nation at the end of December.” (Translated to English via Google)

End of December (with two weeks quarantine) is probably not in time for the start of the season.

Ancient Mariner

Negatives.
His stats are not overly impressive.
He has been moving around a lot of clubs.
Positives.
He is a striker.
He has been getting a run, on and off for the last 10 years, in a national team, that does not rank too far behind Australia, .
He is 30 years old.

Realistically very few Clubs in the A-League can afford an international striker with great stats. We definitely cannot. They are rare even if affordable. SFC are still searching and they could afford Alf.

Will he be better than what we have had for the past 5 years? I hope so.

Will he be another Asdrubal? Quite possibly.

If you are demanding an experienced striker rather than asking an NPL player or junior to make the jump up in class, these are the sort of players you are going to have take a punt on, until we have a budget like SFC. They could fit into the A-League as well as Petrie or Kwassy or they could be disasters.

If Marco Urena signs I will withhold judgement until I see what he offers. If he doesn't and we sign someone else I would not be expecting an unbelievable bargain at this stage. I will be happy with someone competent who could score reasonably well at A-League level.

mike88

There are some decent out of contract wingers available on Transfermarket, Nathan Dyer for one, although wages might be a problem there, but some good cheaper options as well.

mike88

Negatives.
His stats are not overly impressive.
He has been moving around a lot of clubs.
Positives.
He is a striker.
He has been getting a run, on and off for the last 10 years, in a national team, that does not rank too far behind Australia, .
He is 30 years old.

Realistically very few Clubs in the A-League can afford an international striker with great stats. We definitely cannot. They are rare even if affordable. SFC are still searching and they could afford Alf.

Will he be better than what we have had for the past 5 years? I hope so.

Will he be another Asdrubal? Quite possibly.

If you are demanding an experienced striker rather than asking an NPL player or junior to make the jump up in class, these are the sort of players you are going to have take a punt on, until we have a budget like SFC. They could fit into the A-League as well as Petrie or Kwassy or they could be disasters.

If Marco Urena signs I will withhold judgement until I see what he offers. If he doesn't and we sign someone else I would not be expecting an unbelievable bargain at this stage. I will be happy with someone competent who could score reasonably well at A-League level.

Fornaroli and Berisha's stats didn't look impressive before they joined the A league either, sometimes you can just get lucky.

turbo

Shaun said the visa players are in the front third and there’s a local to reveal soon. Given our known weaknesses at the back I’ll put an unlikely but possible guess out there - Harrison Delbridge is off contract and hasn’t re-signed with City yet anyway. Has a blooper reel that would give Rowles a run for his money but overall would be an upgrade on what we have. Not sure we could afford him but who knows.

Wombat

Shaun said the visa players are in the front third and there’s a local to reveal soon. Given our known weaknesses at the back I’ll put an unlikely but possible guess out there - Harrison Delbridge is off contract and hasn’t re-signed with City yet anyway. Has a blooper reel that would give Rowles a run for his money but overall would be an upgrade on what we have. Not sure we could afford him but who knows.
Delbridge is a definate upgrade.

turbo

Delbridge is a definate upgrade.
Yeah he would be, I doubt we could get him unless City are really putting the squeeze on him financially but if it comes off I’m Nostradamus.

When I mentioned the bloopers he had a few brain snaps which were quality but much fewer and typically contained to a few bad games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred