• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

Michael

He looks a big strong lad, interested to know if he has some pace because he does I’d take a gamble
Another trialist was Jayden casella, anyone have info?

Forum Phoenix

Very pleasing to see a huge amount of our current crop of youth lads getting minutes
I truly believe at least 5 of them can become regulars
Excellent footballers
It’s a very good young crop by the looks, and from people talking about the buzz around the place, longer term this bodes well. But nothing kills morale like a few losses, and we desperately need that extra quality still.

Leadership of Olly and Ziggy will be excellent but we lack that talismanic player that lifts a team, and turn games on his own. A player other teams fear. It’s essential.

I hope the Argentine isn’t one of the two visa signings Shaun said they’re working to come through. Not against signing him perse, but we need our own Le Fondre, Castro or Berisha now. Any foreign player who has landed in the NPL is unlikely to be the player we need to break this cycle.

Last edited:

Drew

I asked Daily oz football on Instagram if they had any word on who our 2 visa signings could be, they responded saying they weren’t sure, but they did mention a Spanish winger named iker guarrotxena that is joining an unnamed aleague club, that could potentially be one of our signings I’d hope because we don’t have any real wingers now, don’t know much about him though apart from he plays in Greece currently

turbo

I asked Daily oz football on Instagram if they had any word on who our 2 visa signings could be, they responded saying they weren’t sure, but they did mention a Spanish winger named iker guarrotxena that is joining an unnamed aleague club, that could potentially be one of our signings I’d hope because we don’t have any real wingers now, don’t know much about him though apart from he plays in Greece currently
More than a few Spaniards heading over this season. COVID could be making Aus more attractive than some other traditional destinations.

ashman89

Had to look the bloke up if he’s coming to the aleague. This came up haha

“Volos NFC winger Iker Guarrotxen has exposed himself to the club administration through his behavior, which intends to file a complaint with UEFA and FIFA.

The 27-year-old did not show up for several training sessions. Without a word of explanation, he left the team. Volos NFC authorities considered such behavior unprofessional and unacceptable. The club from Volos intends to fight for its interests and will file a complaint with UEFA and FIFA.

Guarrotxena has played six official matches this season for Volos NFC”

pjennings

He has played 7 of 8 games including 90 mins at RB on Monday. He seems to be played predominantly across the front three but has also played LM, RM AM, LB and now RB.

Let's see if he plays next Tuesday

Last edited:

Drew

Had to look the bloke up if he’s coming to the aleague. This came up haha

“Volos NFC winger Iker Guarrotxen has exposed himself to the club administration through his behavior, which intends to file a complaint with UEFA and FIFA.

The 27-year-old did not show up for several training sessions. Without a word of explanation, he left the team. Volos NFC authorities considered such behavior unprofessional and unacceptable. The club from Volos intends to fight for its interests and will file a complaint with UEFA and FIFA.

Guarrotxena has played six official matches this season for Volos NFC”
Well that doesn’t sound very convincing! I don’t want him if his behaviour is this bad, regardless of how good he is

Forum Phoenix

Well that doesn’t sound very convincing! I don’t want him if his behaviour is this bad, regardless of how good he is

We can't really know what's actually gone down though. It may be all on him, but plenty of clubs treat players terribly or get it badly wrong at times. If we sign him, have to trust Anton, Shaun and Staj think they can manage him.

TBH, I'd rather a good player who has had some previous attitude issues but is a good age, than someone is now too old or has a history of injuries. Not trying to be negative, but most players willing to sign with us are going to be damaged goods in some regard if they're even half decent and coming to play for us.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

my thoughts exactly . he sounds a real dickhead

We can't really know what's actually gone down though. It may be all on him, but plenty of clubs treat players terribly or get it badly wrong at times. If we sign him, have to trust Anton, Shaun and Staj think they can manage him. TBH, I'd rather a good player who has had some previous attitude issues but is a good age, than someone is now too old or has a history of injuries. Not trying to negative, but most players willing to sign with us are going to be damaged goods in some regard if they're even half decent and coming to play for us.

true believer

We can't really know what's actually gone down though. It may be all on him, but plenty of clubs treat players terribly or get it badly wrong at times. If we sign him, have to trust Anton, Shaun and Staj think they can manage him. TBH, I'd rather a good player who has had some previous attitude issues but is a good age, than someone is now too old or has a history of injuries. Not trying to negative, but most players willing to sign with us are going to be damaged goods in some regard if they're even half decent and coming to play for us.
fair call. we also can't have the same shit as went down with fitz, caceres and co .
while i have immeasurably more confidence in staj .there deep scars .

shipwreck

Staj has the man management skills to deal with these kinds of egos I think.

Let's not forget he was a very successful matildas coach. I completely see where everyone is coming from tho, we have had a horror run with toxic personalities...

Nicky Travis reminds me of this

true believer

Staj has the man management skills to deal with these kinds of egos I think.

Let's not forget he was a very successful matildas coach. I completely see where everyone is coming from tho, we have had a horror run with toxic personalities...

Nicky Travis reminds me of this
the first time i took my lad to a game. nicky travis had his only blinder and scored a goal.
then i had a 6 year old asking me where's nicky travis week after week ,,,,,,,,, deep scares

Wombat

the first time i took my lad to a game. nicky travis had his only blinder and scored a goal.
then i had a 6 year old asking me where's nicky travis week after week ,,,,,,,,, deep scares
Travis had natural ability way beyond your average Mariner but he was a complete cockhead who thought he was Joe Cole. He never went on to establish the glittering career he thought was a given.

pjennings

So potentially 5 more players to sign to bring us to 21 players. Then you can add probably 8 NPL2 players that will probably get game time. We play 9 games in 42 days in the hottest part of the year so squad rotation and squad balance will be very important.

Those last few signings are crucial. If we go in understrength those 42 days could potentially end our season before it even really starts. On the flip side a few early wins could give the squad some much needed belief.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred