• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

pjennings

It's that time of year again when the re-signings start.

2020 - (12)

Birighitti
Duric
Eun-sun
Fox
Gordon
Harold
Jair
McGlinchey
Melling
Oar
Ruiz-Diaz - scholarship
Simon

2021 - (7)

Clisby
De Silva
Kuol - scholarship
Murray
Pearce
Rowles
Tongyik

2022 - (4)

Miller
Nisbet
Silvera
Stensness

23 signed for the season. Average age a tick under 25.

Last edited:

sydmariner

Signing news: Mariners defender inks new two-year deal

Jack Clisby has signed a two-year contract extension with Central Coast Mariners, the Hyundai A-League club confirmed today.

The deal will keep the 27-year-old Perth-born defender at the Mariners until at least the end of the 2020/21 campaign.

Formerly of Perth Glory, Melbourne City and Western Sydney Wanderers, Clisby has featured 19 times for the Mariners this season after originally signing for the Gosford club in May 2018.

“I’m buzzing to be here on the Central Coast for the next two seasons,” Clisby told the club’s official website.

“I love it up here, I love the club and it’s moving in the right direction after a tough season, the future is looking bright.

“The area itself is fantastic, there are a lot of positive things happening around the club and we get to play at my favourite stadium in the league [Central Coast Stadium] almost every second week, to be here for another two years is fantastic and I just really want to grow as a player.

MATCH PREVIEW: Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners
READ: Brisbane Roar are in our sights, says Mariners' skipper Matt Simon
KARACAN: If anyone can, Karacan can says Mariners' boss Alen Stajcic

webembed_2.jpg

Clisby has made 116 Hyundai A-League appearances in total
“The fans have been great since I’ve arrived – it’s easy for them to turn on you when times are tough but week in week out they still support us, no matter what.

"After every game, win, lose or draw they are there after every game to shake our hands as we walk around the stadium, they’ve been very welcoming to me.

“Over the next two years I want to improve as a player, I didn’t quite excel like I’d hoped this season so I want to really push forward and help push this club higher up the ladder.

"I really enjoy playing under Alen [Stajcic] who has brought in a lot of good ideas, structure, tactics – I feel like I work well with him.

“My partner and I are expecting our first child in August during pre-season so now we’re looking to move into a bigger home, we love it up here and it’s the perfect place for us to raise a newborn.”

webheader12.jpg

Clisby will remain with Central Coast until the end of the 2020/21 season

pjennings

Not a single player who could start at a top 6 club signed

Probably true - Oar maybe a chance if fully fit. But equally that is what we should be aiming at.

First XI
----------------GK----------------
RB------CB-----------CB---------LB
----------------DM----------------
RM-----------------------------Oar
---------------CAM----------------
-------Striker-------Striker--------

Second XI
--------------Gauci--------------
RB------CB---------CB-----Clisby
------------Melling------------
McGlinchey-----------------Shabow
-------------DDS----------------
-------Simon-------Striker--------

*Gauci probably 3rd choice keeper

Last edited:

garlo

Glad we re-signed Clisby. Had an absolute turd of a time under Mulvey and could be a real winner for us with proper structure and game time!

Wombat

Probably true - Oar maybe a chance if fully fit. But equally that is what we should be aiming at.

First XI
----------------GK----------------
RB------CB-----------CB---------LB
----------------DM----------------
RM-----------------------------Oar
---------------CAM----------------
-------Striker-------Striker--------

Second XI
--------------Gauci--------------
RB------CB---------CB-----Clisby
------------Melling------------
McGlinchey-----------------Shabow
-------------DDS----------------
-------Simon-------Striker--------

*Gauci probably 3rd choice keeper

Gauci IS 3rd choice at best. Very sobering post Pat. Obviously Tom and Gem would be the first players signed by anyone with half a brain. At Mariners HQ..............half a brain is often not very apparent.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So.. .Do you think there gonna give that young keeper of ours a shot (sorry his name escapes me) or will they just keep on keeping on with the enormous pile of shit we currently got

Wombat

So.. .Do you think there gonna give that young keeper of ours a shot (sorry his name escapes me) or will they just keep on keeping on with the enormous pile of shit we currently got

You mean Munford. I dont think they will but he is doing well in the Youth team.

Michael

Everyone has to accept that Clisby is our number one LB. we won’t be signing a better LB to be ahead of him.
Like it or not.
I believe he is A-League standard too. Given the right defensive shape is put in place and he isn’t given too many attacking instructions he can be consistent.

Michael

A player we should go hammer and tong and throw a kitchen sink at for RB next season is our former youth boy Jesse Curran. On loan.
Doing well at Dundee and very highly rated. One of the very few to slip under the nose or you could even call a mistake of Arnie’s not to give a go to.

Plenty of young Aussies mostly around the UK that could do a job for us.
And obviously else where in Europe.
Reno Piscopo is at Renate in Italy’s 3rd tier but was at inter Milan and Torino for good spells. Very very good winger. Could tempt him with the exposure to the national team that we did with Aiden. As he’s one of the better U20 boys

pjennings

There are also a few older OS Aussies coming to the end of their contracts that may be looking at coming home.

Wombat

A player we should go hammer and tong and throw a kitchen sink at for RB next season is our former youth boy Jesse Curran. On loan.
Doing well at Dundee and very highly rated. One of the very few to slip under the nose or you could even call a mistake of Arnie’s not to give a go to.

Reno Piscopo is at Renate in Italy’s 3rd tier but was at inter Milan and Torino for good spells. Very very good winger. Could tempt him with the exposure to the national team that we did with Aiden. As he’s one of the better U20 boys

Curran was NOT a RB. Apparently he had some very big wraps on him when he was here.

Michael

Curran was NOT a RB. Apparently he had some very big wraps on him when he was here.

He’s now a RB with Dundee. Could obviously still be a good CM option too.

Yeah he did, was on the bench a few times may have made a 10 min cameo.

Wombat

Nah he never played but was player of the year for YOOF.

Apparently he can play for Scotland (Dad), Philippines (Mum) and obviously Australia. Looks like we let a real good one slip through the net.

possum x

On a holiday back to Scotland a year and a half ago my young bloke spent a week at Dundee getting a lift to training with the reserves coach who said Jesse had promise and only had to bide his time before opportunities came. When my young bloke spoke to Jesse he spoke highly of Ken telling Jordy to pass on his best wishes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami