• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Insertnamehere

He was signed pretty late and was thrown in 110% from the get go so he had a couple muscle issues, I can’t remember what exactly but he missed roughly 3-4 weeks.
Similar to their quality German CB (name escapes me right now)
So I guess that’s more on the coach than the player.

Just on Jai Ingham, I said at the time of the rumour I think he’d be decent for us with regular minutes. And still do. But that rumour may have been when Mulvey was still here.
Apparently the Majok deal has been finalised. SIGH.
I could handle that. Soft tissue is usually conditioning related. Calves however, if he’s got a calf issue at 32 I’d be staying away.

Insertnamehere

Who is this kale morrow anyway? I just had a look at their twitter. The club should hit them up about their analysis, if not already involved.

Ancient Mariner

Ok, I’ll be as charitable as possible. Maybe it’s not so evident in training and they miss it from the sidelines at games, and Greenlig noted that in general TV coverage you don’t really pick up his lack of running. So maybe when watching games back no one notices either. But watching from the stands, just ridiculous how often he’s the last to arrive in both directions.

I still do not understand why coaches do not watch the game from premium seats rather than the sidelines.

You can see everything that is happening on the field that cannot be seen from low down and I have found when watching replays the view is very restricted especially if you want to see what is happening off the ball.

I seem to remember in other codes that the coach watches from on high and has a telephone connection to an assistant on the side line.

Is this not allowed in football?

Insertnamehere

He was signed pretty late and was thrown in 110% from the get go so he had a couple muscle issues, I can’t remember what exactly but he missed roughly 3-4 weeks.
Similar to their quality German CB (name escapes me right now)
So I guess that’s more on the coach than the player.

Just on Jai Ingham, I said at the time of the rumour I think he’d be decent for us with regular minutes. And still do. But that rumour may have been when Mulvey was still here.
Apparently the Majok deal has been finalised. SIGH.

Baumjohann data. Paints a positive picture imo

Ancient Mariner

If you could build a formula to provide a single number say 20-80 such as baseball scouting that gives you a relative indication of him vs league avg, avg being 50, in his position I’d guess he’s better than league avg, 55?. that’s eye balling it by looking at his dot v green line v good v bad outcomes.
It also pays to look at the numbers on the diagrams What appears to be a massive difference (eg passes) is really about 10% below average.
The average can be dragged in either direction by a couple of players who do a lot of work either good or bad.
When dealing with stats it is important to reply understand what the figures truly show.

You will commonly read headlines in the paper that if you do something it will increase your chance of a rare cancer by 50%. (scary)
Which means that if you have a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of getting it you will then have a 1.5 chance in 1,000,000. (not really)

Insertnamehere

It also pays to look at the numbers on the diagrams What appears to be a massive difference (eg passes) is really about 10% below average.
The average can be dragged in either direction by a couple of players who do a lot of work either good or bad.
When dealing with stats it is important to reply understand what the figures truly show.

You will commonly read headlines in the paper that if you do something it will increase your chance of a rare cancer by 50%. (scary)
Which means that if you have a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of getting it you will then have a 1.5 chance in 1,000,000. (not really)
Thats when you are dreaming of stats that provide measures of absolute outcomes. Such as again im baseball, WAR, wins above replacement. scales how useful a player is as compared to a league avg replacement player.
baseball is a tad easier to do analytics to as the outcomes are finite. hit,walk,hr, out.

turbo

I seem to remember in other codes that the coach watches from on high and has a telephone connection to an assistant on the side line.

If that's the concern why not just have a decent camera in the stands or a box to give the birds eye view to review? Coach can play it alongside the fox replay on a separate screen for a close and far view. Makes more sense than going to terrigal for coffee and cake.

JoyfulPenguin

Considering the players we have, is this the best team we currently have under contract and could field tomorrow if necessary? (including Majok) (excluding De Silva)

Pearce​
Gallifuoco Glassock Rowles Clisby
Melling McGlinchey
Shabow
Murray Simon Oar
Subs: Munford, Majok, Nisbet, Miller, Ruiz-Diaz

adz

Staff member
I still do not understand why coaches do not watch the game from premium seats rather than the sidelines.

You can see everything that is happening on the field that cannot be seen from low down and I have found when watching replays the view is very restricted especially if you want to see what is happening off the ball.

Is this not allowed in football?

Funnily enough this year the AFL the coaches are down on the sidelines more often. They were up in the stands when they were able to have a heap of runners on the field delivering messages. Since that got banned they are moving down to the sidelines to deliver (ie YELL) instructions directly.

JoyfulPenguin

Tomi Juric is available, though considering we have already signed three strikers plus Smylie I guess another striker probably isn't worth it.

JoyfulPenguin

Alex Gersbach's club got relegated from the Eredivsie, and we currently only have Clisby who really should be just a squaddie as our left back. Would be good to sign him as a our pretend marquee.

turbo

hough considering we have already signed three strikers plus Smylie I guess another striker probably isn't worth it.
We need an obvious first choice striker. Our current one scored 3 or 4 from open play this year. Not sure how I'd feel about him joining us, if he does well great but if he doesnt fire it'll be socceroos deja vu.

FFC Mariner

With a 1/2 decent 10, Muzz will do the job just fine.
He has the legs that Simon doesn't. His goal away to the scum showed the difference

MagpieMariner

Personally I think Ingham is one of the most hot and cold players the A-League has seen, if he is in form he is an above average A-League player, if he isn't then he is far, far below. I don't think we can afford to have someone who is that inconsistent. He has been given plenty of opportunities at Victory, prior to this season, and struggled even with all the support Victory's budget provides.

Well if Majok is a done deal I can't say I am too pleased by it, he has the almighty "potential" tag but that's about it and we have released our own academy strikers with better records than his. He also has probably the worst first touch I have seen from an A-League striker in quite some time.
I only noticed Majok play once, in the game we actually won, and I thought he was gash. Maybe Staj can do something with him. I hope so.

Ancient Mariner

Thats when you are dreaming of stats that provide measures of absolute outcomes. Such as again im baseball, WAR, wins above replacement. scales how useful a player is as compared to a league avg replacement player.
baseball is a tad easier to do analytics to as the outcomes are finite. hit,walk,hr, out.
I am not arguing against stats being useful or even vital. All I am saying is that you have to know how to interpret them.

Ancient Mariner

Considering the players we have, is this the best team we currently have under contract and could field tomorrow if necessary? (including Majok) (excluding De Silva)

Pearce​
Gallifuoco Glassock Rowles Clisby
Melling McGlinchey
Shabow
Murray Simon Oar
Subs: Munford, Majok, Nisbet, Miller, Ruiz-Diaz

Add 3 QUALITY players to make a spine.
An experienced centre half, to organise the backs
A quality box to box DM who can turn defence into attack.
A #10 who can create for others as well as score himself.

If the Club can sign such players we are more than half way there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred