• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

turbo

Would also want him competing with Rowles for a centre back spot rather than being in partnership with him. We need another experienced quality centre back along side Gallifuoco/Rowles otherwise we will have another disastrous season defensively.

There’s also the possibility we’re looking at him primarily as a right back but with the ability to slide over if injury/suspension is a factor. I think we’re intending to start Clisby and Rowles unless given a reason otherwise. Like you I’d want to see a senior solid signing to anchor the backline which means GG sitting on the right is the better option. I suspect he’ll have no issues getting forward if our setup allows it. Then we can look at bringing up a youth or NPL player who can cover at RB and keep developing them.

Josho Howe

Milligan would be a very good signing imo. 33 and still has a few years left to give. Having family here on the coast is interesting. Whether he takes the chance on us, l doubt it unfortunately.

Wombat

We've signed another DM who has 'potential'.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/...oOWT4UwchXzQqBjrcXihu0oN8GLYYJX0yYOxq83FdyhgY

Hiariej, Gamiero and Gauci are out.

I might be the odd one out here, but if Tom H really was as injured last season as we've been told, then perhaps this actually is the smart decision.

He is a CB.
Apologies Capt. He has played in the Mids for the Drive by's. Not sure how many times? Edit...every game at CM apart from when Hamill got injured and he went to CB.

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

Forum Phoenix

We've signed another DM who has 'potential'.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/...oOWT4UwchXzQqBjrcXihu0oN8GLYYJX0yYOxq83FdyhgY

Hiariej, Gamiero and Gauci are out.

I might be the odd one out here, but if Tom H really was as injured last season as we've been told, then perhaps this actually is the smart decision.

I’d had the same thought cap’n, as it’s vital our visa players are on the park year round, but with no S&C, poor pre season and reportedly not intense enough training, I can’t really blame a few soft tissue injuries on an older player. Also the battler approach is not his natural game. He outplayed not outfought other players. So injuries could be on him but really might not be.

The only known factors were he was a nice guy and a quality footballer.

marinermick

Milligan will be at Victory or the scum IMHO - we wont pay the money I suspect

Bang on if Muscat was coaching and a straight swap for Valeri. Now I am not so sure. Scum has big financial issues and have been told to cut back.

We have no chance.

Maybe the new Melbourne team or the Plastics will make a play.

Tim

I am terribly disappointed that we didn’t re-sign Tommy H. I’m not aware of any other high quality players banging down the door to play with us. Absent him requiring top wages or being difficult to manage (the latter of which I would find very hard to believe having spoken with him a number of times) I think we are making a big mistake. This is particularly so if the rumours in respect of the manner he was treated on the way out are true. Any employer with any commercial sense realises managing a person out of a business (ie with respect and dignity) is as important as the manner they are brought in. A smart visa player offered a deal with CCM will do some due diligence and contact former players. I wonder what Tom would say? I will stand corrected if Stajic manages to attract higher quality players but with the club apparently lowballing Jem the signs are not promising. I love the club (as do my two young sons) and believe Staj offers more than Mulvey as a coach; however, when the most skilful player at the club is moved on in an average manner its hard not to be a little despondent. Here’s hoping I review this post in 12 months and realise I was wrong and they knew what they were doing...

centre mid

the one bit of news I want on here is that of Ben Kennedy leaving the mariners. We need a keeper that only has one job on their mind. Stopping the ball going in the back of the net. I feel like Ben Kennedy is on sportsbet every week for how many teams can score 3 or more when he's is in goals.

Antlion

the one bit of news I want on here is that of Ben Kennedy leaving the mariners. We need a keeper that only has one job on their mind. Stopping the ball going in the back of the net. I feel like Ben Kennedy is on sportsbet every week for how many teams can score 3 or more when he's is in goals.
add Hoole to the departure list please. Actually, I'm ok with him staying but only as a squaddie and not on his current money (I am informed is $150k+)

Coastalraider

add Hoole to the departure list please. Actually, I'm ok with him staying but only as a squaddie and not on his current money (I am informed is $150k+)
Nope.

That is one part of the clean out that has to happen.

If we are genuinely talking squaddies, we should be bringing those in from outside. How do you think Hooles attitude would be if:
  • He got a pay cut
  • He lost his starting spot
That would seep in to other players.

Antlion

Nope.

That is one part of the clean out that has to happen.

If we are genuinely talking squaddies, we should be bringing those in from outside. How do you think Hooles attitude would be if:
  • He got a pay cut
  • He lost his starting spot
That would seep in to other players.
Good point. I'm with you - #HooleOut

Michael

Hoole has to go, end of.
Same with Kennedy.
Yeah clean slate and all that, but them two are f**king consistently horrendous.

From the outside looking in, it has never seemed like Hoole has fit in with the squad off the park anyway. Except for DDS. Shocking I know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred