• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Ironbark

Agreed - I think this is a straightforward one to solve.

Essentially, if you are guessing at the team line up - go for it on here.

If you have inside knowledge and know the actual team line up - leave it til right before the game.

Finally, feel free to air your thoughts and opinions on what people say, if we keep it civil and to the point about their point then harmony is maintained (that is - discuss the issue, not the poster so much)

shipwreck

Apparently Nix just signed Gary Hooper.

But don't worry folks, we signed out gun striker right on deadline day too!

Kit Walker

I just don't see the reasoning behind signing Roberts - I don't think he will develop more as a player here than he was able to at Melbourne City or WSW. H e coulld have been worthy of a NYL deal, but like Marc Moric, he would never accept that.
As a scholarship player, a goal scoring striker (albeit at NPL2) and an example of young talent that we want or need around the club in terms of development we would do much better with this
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/shepparton-teen-ready-for-a-league-tips-ex-wimbledon-striker-528019
John Roberts WSW NPL2 2018 - 12 games 3 goals, Mount Druitt NPL1 (1sts and 20s) 17 games 5 goals - thats 29 games and 8 goals in 2 years.
Alou Kuol GVS (Vic NPL2) 26 games 22 goals
Keep watching for when the NYL squad is announced in the coming weeks.
Some Valid points Mr pinklady
Didn’t Alou sign for Western United?

adz

Staff member
I happen to know that the club were genuinely concerned about the WSW squad being aired on this forum

Well there you go. I was never told about any concerns, and could have easily dealt with it as has been done with a few other issues that have cropped up over the years.

f8335cc44e7c452124e13fbaae8acaaa6a5e7efc0629530304494d283dc129e9.jpg

shipwreck

Absolutely no excuse, we have let ourselves down again.

I'm sorry but if a club like Wellington can sign him, I'm not going to buy any budget bullshit anymore.

f**k this

Reactions: Ads

turbo

I'm sorry but if a club like Wellington can sign him, I'm not going to buy any budget bullshit anymore.
I can respect the need to play to a budget but we’ve got the independent league MC wanted now we need to reinvest. We’re capable of making the 6 or at least having a solid crack at it but we need to spend a little. It will pay off in gate takings.

Ozhammer

Well there you go. I was never told about any concerns, and could have easily dealt with it as has been done with a few other issues that have cropped up over the years.

f8335cc44e7c452124e13fbaae8acaaa6a5e7efc0629530304494d283dc129e9.jpg

I only became aware of it after the fact Adz but the issue has been aired now and there was no point shutting the stable door after the horse had bolted.

I guess the club didn’t want to be seen to censor fans, as that is a bit of a tightrope to walk and could have backfired badly.

Anyhoo, we’re all now wiser and hopefully this issue is done and dusted.

Forum Phoenix

I’d put your mind at rest Kit. No football department would trust a random social post. Fun if they did, we post some pretty crazy lineups on here at times. Too easy to just plant misinformation,

Though if anyone from Newcastle is reading. Yesterday at training the lineup was Ziggy and Clisby spear heading a 6 man forward line. Playing in a classic under 5’s 226 formation.

Going to rip you a new one scummers :pirashoot:

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I happen to know that the club were genuinely concerned about the WSW squad being aired on this forum and whether it could have undermined the game plan by tipping our opponents off the day before the game.

I would be the last one to want to stifle honest and passionate debate on here and have previously shared potentially controversial information when I believed fans had a right to know the truth but as keen as I am to know the team line up for games, let’s perhaps consider leaving that to the club going forward?

Just to be clear, this is not to say that this should stifle debate about how we ‘think’ the team should line up, as that debate always throws up some interesting discussions.

Oh shit sorry. I read your post too late OzHammer. Now with my above post they have our formation and I’ve opened the stable again!

Very sorry everyone

Last edited:

Kit Walker

I’d put your mind at rest Kit. No football department would trust a random social post. Fun if they did, we post some pretty crazy lineups on here at times. Too easy to just plant misinformation,

Though if anyone from Newcastle is reading. Yesterday at training the lineup was Ziggy and Clisby spear heading a 6 man forward line. Playing in a classic under 5’s 226 formation.

Going to rip you a new one scummers :pirashoot:
Thanks FP
My mind will be at ease when we win a match & make the finals.

FFC Mariner

Kinda shows our lack of ambition which we just have to accept while under this ownership.
Wanderers youth cast offs at the expense of locals and persevering with Simon up top.
Sigh

pjennings

I can respect the need to play to a budget but we’ve got the independent league MC wanted now we need to reinvest. We’re capable of making the 6 or at least having a solid crack at it but we need to spend a little. It will pay off in gate takings.
Bollocks. He was one I was hoping we'd go for.
This is a strange one. He hasn't really played for 18 months because of bad knees.

Australia has hard pitches. NZ probably less so. He was at a Tehran club 2 days ago. Did he fail their medical or did he drop out himself?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred