• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Michael

Don’t know how true this is but if it’s legit at least we didn’t do this:

You’d hope any pro team couldn’t be conned that badly... but this is the aleague, where players cancel contracts to become rappers and the league creates a loan rule for one season to please a player.

turbo

You’d hope any pro team couldn’t be conned that badly..
Reading between the lines on previous statements, the coach not knowing who the player was going to be, I don’t think Adelaide had a whole lot of say in the matter, would have come down from the owners for whatever reason.

Pirate Pete

You’d hope any pro team couldn’t be conned that badly... but this is the aleague, where players cancel contracts to become rappers and the league creates a loan rule for one season to please a player.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

In November 1996, Dia convinced Graeme Souness, then Southampton manager, that he was the cousin of FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner George Weah, which led to him signing a one-month contract with Southampton days later. Dia played only one match in his short spell at the club. He came on as a substitute in a league game, but was then himself substituted. He was subsequently released, 14 days into his contract.[3]

adz

Staff member
Word around the camp fire is Lawrie is coming back to run CCM... watch this space

Jumping in before the flood of "who, what, when, where" etc to say

giphy.gif

Kit Walker

Jumping in before the flood of "who, what, when, where" etc to say

giphy.gif
Hahaha very good Adz.
Why do you delete my posts about pinklady?
I’m new to the forum.
Been a CCM fan for almost a decade now & I’ve read through the last week of comments on the forum & im not impressed with some members like pinklady on here that share information that could be used against my team. Posting the starting lineup vs WSW the day before the match. It would give coaching staff of WSW a huge advantage in the lead up to that game.
I thought this was a fans forum??
Also, how would someone have that information in the first place? Hmmm.

Last edited:

Kit Walker

You're just here to stir shit and harass other community members.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Banter aside Adz, your a fan & surely you would agree with what I’ve said here about posting the exact lineup the day before. Your also the moderator & allowing that post is not on. It’s not a guess from a fan, it’s the exact lineup which is impossible for a fan to know the day before & undermines the team.

adz

Staff member
Banter aside Adz, your a fan & surely you would agree with what I’ve said here about posting the exact lineup the day before. Your also the moderator & allowing that post is not on. It’s not a guess from a fan, it’s the exact lineup which is impossible for a fan to know the day before & undermines the team.

We have a lot of rumours and information come through here, I'm not sure how I feel about that one tbh and if it would really undermine the team - does the opposition come on here and go well, I wonder what the Mariners lineup will be... ahh there we go.

It's a fair question I guess but no need to get aggressive about it.

adz

Staff member
Let's also remember that the lineup was taken from training, which I believe anyone can attend?

This line up and formation (4-2-2-2) did not go too well at training with the starting XI being smashed by the reserves and youth.

Also we dominated most of the game so again not sure if there was any undermining of the team here.

Kit Walker

We have a lot of rumours and information come through here, I'm not sure how I feel about that one tbh and if it would really undermine the team - does the opposition come on here and go well, I wonder what the Mariners lineup will be... ahh there we go.

It's a fair question I guess but no need to get aggressive about it.
Fair points Adz
Sorry if I’ve come across aggressive, it’s hard for a lady to be passionate - especially on a forum like this - & not be labeled aggressive. Apologies again Adz
I don’t know if the opposition does these kind of things but I do know after 30 years plus involved in football the community as a whole is small & everyone knows someone.
I’m just a proper fan & I want to see my team do well & not be disadvantaged

Kit Walker

Let's also remember that the lineup was taken from training, which I believe anyone can attend?

Also we dominated most of the game so again not sure if there was any undermining of the team here.
This was not the lineup at training.
I was there.
Agree that it worked well, that’s not my issue. My issue is how would a “fan” know a lineup before the players & why would they share that. It is not a guess. Even the bench was known & shared. Must have a crystal ball....

Reactions: adz

adz

Staff member
Must have a crystal ball....

No doubt there is some sort of "inside" knowledge, and I don't think pinklady would have meant any harm by it, I guess we need to look at a policy for things like this. Most people are just guessing or talking shit, so it hasn't come up before.

turbo

Nix are teasing a big player announcement this afternoon at 3. Looks like we might be the only ones still on the hunt for a striker.

Ozhammer

I happen to know that the club were genuinely concerned about the WSW squad being aired on this forum and whether it could have undermined the game plan by tipping our opponents off the day before the game.

I would be the last one to want to stifle honest and passionate debate on here and have previously shared potentially controversial information when I believed fans had a right to know the truth but as keen as I am to know the team line up for games, let’s perhaps consider leaving that to the club going forward?

Just to be clear, this is not to say that this should stifle debate about how we ‘think’ the team should line up, as that debate always throws up some interesting discussions.

pinklady

Who do you think we should sign Pinklady?
I just don't see the reasoning behind signing Roberts - I don't think he will develop more as a player here than he was able to at Melbourne City or WSW. H e coulld have been worthy of a NYL deal, but like Marc Moric, he would never accept that.
As a scholarship player, a goal scoring striker (albeit at NPL2) and an example of young talent that we want or need around the club in terms of development we would do much better with this
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/shepparton-teen-ready-for-a-league-tips-ex-wimbledon-striker-528019
John Roberts WSW NPL2 2018 - 12 games 3 goals, Mount Druitt NPL1 (1sts and 20s) 17 games 5 goals - thats 29 games and 8 goals in 2 years.
Alou Kuol GVS (Vic NPL2) 26 games 22 goals
Keep watching for when the NYL squad is announced in the coming weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred