• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Pre-season

midfielder

Elrich ... will either be our best on Park or a bench player ... the choice is his ... the guy has heaps of talent ... lets hope LM can get it out of him...

Ted

FFC Mariner said:
shipwreck said:
Mrdja is going to carve up this year, he is still a very good striker and im looking forward to saying i told you so to everyone on this forum who bags him out!

You heard it here first

Give him a heart muscle transplant and maybe

And a chill pill. He's like a premature load looking for somewhere to blow. His angst (watch him clench his fists repeatedly and rush everything) to 'show his ability' is his own undoing. If he relaxed and let his game play flow, I think he just may find some decent form.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
clarence said:
shipwreck said:
Mrdja is going to carve up this year, he is still a very good striker and im looking forward to saying i told you so to everyone on this forum who bags him out!

You heard it here first

I really hope you are right Shipwreck, but the last FOUR seasons suggest otherwise.

Yes a number of established Mariners players are on their final season. I think Hutch, Wilko and maybe Danny are too.

Players like McGlinchey, Doig and Travis are still in their 20s, so IF these players can handle the differences in the A-League compared to what they are used to in the UK, then they may push for spots against those established players.

I think this season is shaping up with less dread thanx to these signings and it will be interesting to see what players form the main team after a few rounds.

After playing about 7 hours of first team football in four years.Mrdja shouldnt have got the new contract...has he got incriminating photos of someone..I'm afraid the new blokes will effectively block Mrdja's path to the first team.....the sooner we flick the money sponge the better

clarence

Sadly Recky, for those of us who aren't Mrdja fans, he played the prerequisite number of games - or was available for them - to trigger the extension clause in his existing contract (so I'm led to believe).

So you are technically right, he hasn't got a new contract - but an extension of an old one.

And I bet there's a few people within the Mariners management team who are kicking themselves about that clause being in there in the first place, but I guess at the time they wanted to make sure he had a carrot dangling in front of him.

He's a different kind of 'forward' to say Kwassi or Simon, and I am guessing that Travis couldn't be as physical in the penalty box as old Nik when he gets cranky too.

Only Macca is similar to Mrdja in game play, but while Mrdja has a more lethal shot, Macca runs more and goes looking for the ball, rather than standing there demanding service.

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
D Mac also has heart and bottle.

If Mrdja had done a shoulder, he would have retired.

TBF, Mrdja has been through more trials and tribulations than most when it come to injury.

While the first injury may have been self-inflicted the coming years of mis-diagnosis and poor treatment means that there must be some determination and ticker there.

Jesus

Jesus
marinermick said:
FFC Mariner said:
D Mac also has heart and bottle.

If Mrdja had done a shoulder, he would have retired.

TBF, Mrdja has been through more trials and tribulations than most when it come to injury.

While the first injury may have been self-inflicted the coming years of mis-diagnosis and poor treatment means that there must be some determination and ticker there.

Agree. If Mrdja was to have retired injured, the mariners would still have to pay him 2 or 3 years wages. I can not remember which, but I remember reading that it was something the PFA and FFA had agreed with regard to career ending injuries. Zdrillic tried to claim it, but had already been released. If Nik Wanted he could have taken his injury and still been getting paid this year without playing.

Roy Law

Mrdja would be a much better player for the Mariners if he passed the ball; that way, others may pass to him. At the moment he simply isn't part of the team. If he plays for the team he will score goals. Pretty simple really.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Roy Law said:
Mrdja would be a much better player for the Mariners if he passed the ball; that way, others may pass to him. At the moment he simply isn't part of the team. If he plays for the team he will score goals. Pretty simple really.

Yes, agree .... imo, Kwassie was the same a couple of years ago

goingtoadisco

Roy Law said:

I agree, but i will worry about what he does on the field when he actually does........ something ?

pjennings

Ted said:
FFC Mariner said:
shipwreck said:

You heard it here first

Give him a heart muscle transplant and maybe

And a chill pill. He's like a premature load looking for somewhere to blow. His angst (watch him clench his fists repeatedly and rush everything) to 'show his ability' is his own undoing. If he relaxed and let his game play flow, I think he just may find some decent form.

When he was slotting goals for fun beside Stewart Petrie he seemed to be so relaxed. You may be right!! 

Forum Phoenix

This "relaxed Nicky" theory sounds pretty good to me.
He's a guy who definitely loves to have fun, its his nature, so maybe the serious stressed Nick can't find the magic. He's always had oodles of talent, be beyond nice to see him finally have a season that lives up anything near to his potential.

midfielder

Is the Dubbo match being called by 2CCC  or streamed ... links from the link page are...

Coast FM (2CCC) - Radio
http://www.coastfm.org.au/
or
http://www.2ccc.net/
Listen to Mariners games through the guys at Coast FM
(courtesy of www.integritynet.com.au for 'streaming')

marinermick

midfielder said:
Is the Dubbo match being called by 2CCC   or streamed ... links from the link page are...

Coast FM (2CCC) - Radio
http://www.coastfm.org.au/
or
http://www.2ccc.net/
Listen to Mariners games through the guys at Coast FM
(courtesy of www.integritynet.com.au for 'streaming')

sorry guys, not calling the match

midfielder

Check this out COOL .. sorry if it has been posted before.

http://dubbo.iprime.com.au/index.php/news/prime-news/a-league-soccer-teams-arrive-in-dubbo-video,129921

marinermick

0 - 0 full time

from all reports totally dominated the match

just your typical game against wellington/new zealand i guess

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member