• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Pre-season

Jesus

Jesus
Found this on victory forum

Gold Coast United to play in Lismore
Steve Spinks | 23rd April 2009

LISMORE is set to host one of the earliest fixtures of new A-League club Gold Coast United after Football Far North Coast confirmed a trial game between the competition newcomer and the Central Coast Mariners was bound for Oakes Oval.

The match, which is scheduled for July 18, has yet to gain the approval of Football Federation Australia but it is expected the trial will receive the green light from the top body in the next few weeks.

With the encounter scheduled only a month out from the start of the A-League, there is the possibility that United marquee signing Jason Culina could play fresh from his stint with PSV Eindhoven in Holland.

Central Coast also have their own list of stars such as former Socceroo and former Fulham Premier League player Ahmad Elrich and up-and-coming goalkeeper Danny Vukovic.

It's a rare opportunity for people to see top quality sides and individuals so close to the season, FFNC general manager Steve Mackney said.

They will probably be full-strength squads because they will both use the match as a serious hit- out with the A-League season so close.

I guess the indication of how serious the Gold Coast is taking it is that they have organised for Central Coast to come up and play and not just asked us to get the best team we can to play against them.

Mackney said he would be disappointed if a crowd of 5000 people did not turn up to watch the trial.

Obviously, it's a bit early for all the details but we would expect to have a curtain-raiser hopefully including our best young players, he said.

Gold Coast have indicated they want to be involved in a few things down here during the trial weekend including coaching clinics and maybe attending some rep games and meeting local fans.

The trial consolidates the growing co-operation between FFNC and Gold Coast United.

The Gold Coast are the obvious cousin for us at A-League level, Mackney said.

Gold Coast United have indicated that they understand how rich in talent and how rich in population the Far North Coast region is and that there should be mutual benefits in the long term.

It will be the first time an A-League team has a played a trial in Lismore since the Queensland Roar played a Far North Coast rep team in 2005.

Coincidentally, the Roar were then coached by Miron Bleiberg who is also the inaugural coach of Gold Coast United.

Bleiberg is being assisted by former Australian captain Paul Okon. 

FFC Mariner

didnt the scum consider N NSW to be part of their patch??

Top stuff

I love Lismore, might make a nice W/E away

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
tuesday night lecture = i'm out.

I see, you have received orders from your masters at CCM FC to keep a low profile huh?

I wont be leaving Hornsby till about 6 so will be late probably

kevrenor

serious14 said:
dibo said:
tuesday night lecture = i'm out.

NSW ALP, Left Wing Nuttery 101 - Why We're Not Left Enough

That's non-mandatory tutorial ...  100% attendance is required at
NSW ALP, Right Wing Lunacy 101 - How to sell off the family silver, and end up paying out instead

serious14

You've been clever and funny two days in a row now..... steady on, that's not moderator-esque behaviour.  :p

thomas477

FFC Mariner said:
didnt the scum consider N NSW to be part of their patch??

Top stuff

I love Lismore, might make a nice W/E away

Did but really since the Coast came in we've shrunk back to Northern NSW and the NBN State League.

Bear

Have a go at the Gold Coast's pre season program so far. Then consider ours, that we know of so far...

Gold Coast United - Pre-Season Trial Games:

April 30 @ Mudgeeraba Soccer Club
May 5 @ Magig United Football Club
May 7 @ Coomera Soccer Club
May 12 @ Nerang Soccer Club
May 14 @ Palm Beach Soccer Club
May 19 @ Surfers Paradise Soccer Club
May 21 @ Burleigh Heads Soccer Club
May 28 @ Tweed Valley Soccer Club
June 2 @ Southport Soccer Club
June 4 @ Broadbeach Soccer Club
June 9 @ Gold Coast Knights Soccer Club
June 11 @ Musgrave Soccer Club

I know they wont be playing all their 1st team players in every game, and I know its not the toughest opposition, but its still bloody impressive

Bex

6 weeks, 12 games; that is impressive.

Could it be counterproductive if the opposition is of a very low standard?

tuftman

Bex said:
6 weeks, 12 games; that is impressive.

Could it be counterproductive if the opposition is of a very low standard?

I think its partly to try and get the brand out there perhaps?  I agree that if the opposition is poor, it serves little more purpose then a run around for the players

Arabmariner

Bearinator said:
Have a go at the Gold Coast's pre season program so far. Then consider ours, that we know of so far...

Gold Coast United - Pre-Season Trial Games:

April 30 @ Mudgeeraba Soccer Club
May 5 @ Magig United Football Club
May 7 @ Coomera Soccer Club
May 12 @ Nerang Soccer Club
May 14 @ Palm Beach Soccer Club
May 19 @ Surfers Paradise Soccer Club
May 21 @ Burleigh Heads Soccer Club
May 28 @ Tweed Valley Soccer Club
June 2 @ Southport Soccer Club
June 4 @ Broadbeach Soccer Club
June 9 @ Gold Coast Knights Soccer Club
June 11 @ Musgrave Soccer Club

I know they wont be playing all their 1st team players in every game, and I know its not the toughest opposition, but its still bloody impressive
12 "soccer" clubs..............wtf ??

What's this "soccer" all about  ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred