• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners plan major complex

Deej

First I've heard of it and I think it's fantastic that they are planning this!  It would certainly raise our profile, but Wyong?

P

Pete

Why the issue with Wyong, ffs? The Mariners have their present training ground in the Shire, and have their Admin. offices in Tuggerah Business Park. As an offset to that, they play their games at Bluetongue.

dibo

Pete said:
Why the issue with Wyong, ffs? The Mariners have their present training ground in the Shire, and have their Admin. offices in Tuggerah Business Park. As an offset to that, they play their games at Bluetongue.

gosford conspiracy. ;P ;D

P

Pete

Call the team the 'GOSFORD' Mariners and you can exclude the other half of the Central Coast then! ;D

Oh, and the Wyong part of that 'Central Coast' Shirt sponsorship can then pull out of the venture too. :p ;D

dibo

Pete said:
Call the team the 'GOSFORD' Mariners and you can exclude the other half of the Central Coast then! ;D

Oh, and the Wyong part of that 'Central Coast' Shirt sponsorship can then pull out of the venture too. :p ;D

only if they play in red and white and take the name change to the Dragons as well. that would make me a very happy boy, will be able to say i spent 11 years playing with an a-league club!

Jimmy

I think out the back off wyong would be better, past alison and mardi maybe.
it wouldnt get vandalised that way.
plus itd be easier access to freeway.
and there's a shit load of turf farms out there, so you could always just jump the paddock fence for a kick if need be. :p

Statue

There is a lot more room to actually bulid grounds in wyong. there isnt too many areas in the gosford council area where there is room to build grounds.
Plus at least they are getting all areas of the central coast involved rather than just baseing themselves to do everything in gosford.
As well as it could be used for extra grounds for the local league maybe a possibilty to ease up the pressure on pluim park when finals time comes around

Deej

Pete said:

LOL - Wyongshire is ok but Wyong is a bit of a hole IMO (sorry for those who live there)

Finding somewhere near the freeway and close the offices is important, you don't want it too far away from Bluetongue........

P

Pete

'Round Tuggerah station is a worse than Wyong 'cbd' at the moment, what with all the roadworks.
Been walking home from there at nights after work, and seen all sorts of wildlife.
Bilbys/bandicoots, rats, mice, spiders, flying foxes, drugged out emos, skateboarders  ;D...

midfielder

DJ said:
It would certainly raise our profile, but Wyong?

Wyrong is perfect, apart from lots of kids playing sport in the area, it is easy for Sydney, Newcastle and North Coast players and parents to get to, by either train or road.

Another point made by some others also spreads team over more parts of the coast, cost wise its smarter given land values.

Also and should be quite so as not to wake up NRL, is having it at Wyrong has the potential to take a lot of very talented league kids in the general wyong area to football.

Rowdy

If you are really serious about killing off an NRL team setting up on the CCoast, redevelop Adcock Park!

• It's approx. 1000 mtrs from the stadium.
  • The cycling track/veledrome is well past it's use by date (my old man in his mid 60's has been a member of CC cycling for years)
  • The athletic field in the centre is a grass track, long overdue for a synthetic track like up at Minga's (State Government Dept Sport & Rec. grant money, same as minga's deal)
  • relocate Baseball fields?, east gosford still has room for more development for baseball
  • ditto the netball courts

As for the headquarters there's land available opposite the ford dealership on the corner of the racecourse or further up the road at the Central Coast Leagues Club. Bobby Clarke as a director of the club mentioned to me that the entire top floor of the CCLC is office space which is only sparingly used and they were looking at leasing this out.

Combine this with the CCLC's future development plans of major hotel and conference centre of Froggy's land plus "walkover" linking going above the Baker St. Internal Gym for players to train at, gosford pool stones throw at current location or the possibillity of proposed relocation on the otherside of Brian's Bridge.

CCLC would ultimately throw money at the club competing for the major sponsorship. Imagine 'massive' Mariners logo in lights on the front/side of the CCLC 'the home of the mariners', piss of the thugby's for good. 

marinersman

That is a brilliant post Rowdie and I could not agree more.

Makes perfect sense to me. I can't think of a better place for our facilties.

offtheball

Rowdy said:
If you are really serious about killing off an NRL team setting up on the CCoast, redevelop Adcock Park!

• It's approx. 1000 mtrs from the stadium.
  • The cycling track/veledrome is well past it's use by date (my old man in his mid 60's has been a member of CC cycling for years)
  • The athletic field in the centre is a grass track, long overdue for a synthetic track like up at Minga's (State Government Dept Sport & Rec. grant money, same as minga's deal)
  • relocate Baseball fields?, east gosford still has room for more development for baseball
  • ditto the netball courts

As for the headquarters there's land available opposite the ford dealership on the corner of the racecourse or further up the road at the Central Coast Leagues Club. Bobby Clarke as a director of the club mentioned to me that the entire top floor of the CCLC is office space which is only sparingly used and they were looking at leasing this out.

Combine this with the CCLC's future development plans of major hotel and conference centre of Froggy's land plus "walkover" linking going above the Baker St. Internal Gym for players to train at, gosford pool stones throw at current location or the possibillity of proposed relocation on the otherside of Brian's Bridge.

CCLC would ultimately throw money at the club competing for the major sponsorship. Imagine 'massive' Mariners logo in lights on the front/side of the CCLC 'the home of the mariners', piss of the thugby's for good.  

Not just baseball, cycling, athletics and netball use Adcock. AFL, Touch and cricket are major users. That's seven sports your getting rid of. And none of them are League.

Rowdy

One AFL pitch isn't it? also used by cricket in the summer?

Look how easily they turned the unused land near the narara skate park into an AFL pitch, surely shouldn't be too hard to relocate 'a pitch' per say.

Touch can be played anywhere there's lights, chance for some high schools to apply for grants to develop their under used school ovals into a positive ca$h flow piece of infrastructure, would help pay for all those repairs they need fixing.

In fact 'Touch' could still be played at the facillity, It would be a 'community shared' type of re-devolopment. Public walking/bike track around the park to be still used, touch comps etc. The mariners aren't going to train on it 24 hours a day. You may not get all 10 fields out of the site, but it would be an excellent choice for setting up the HAL team and Youth Team to say the least. The academy could be close by (no I don't know where)

Oh, there's also Leagues Club park for the time being, but it will eventually be developed itself when they come up with a decent water-front design and incorporate it & Gosford Primary School.

Rowdy

Yes I know the 7 sports u mentioned aren't League, using Adcock and the CCLC as a base for training and administration of the club sends a clear message to the NRL, 'this is our stadium, we've been here for 3/4 years and were here to stay'.

People walk out of the tongue and see a 15 ft Mariners logo, back-lit on the front/side walls of the CCLC would also add to the sense of 'turf'.

Away fans drive out over Brian McGowan bridge heading to the F3, see Mariner Headquarters and or Mariners Training Facility on a massive sign at the racecourse rd intersection and they go 'hmmmm, nod, nod'

~Floss~

Rowdy said:
You may not get all 10 fields out of the site, ....

I think you probably would; Adcock used to have 7 hockey fields plus at least 2 baseball. I think one season way back, it even had 9 hockey fields and 1 baseball. Not including the velodrome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred