• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners plan major complex

dibo

from the express
Mariners plan major complex

13Dec07

THE Central Coast Mariners want to build a multimillion-dollar soccer complex in Wyong shire.

Preliminary discussions have been held with council staff and several possible sites identified.

The complex would include about 10 fields, accommodation, a clubhouse and administration and conference facilities.

It would mainly be used for training with competition games still played at Gosford's Bluetongue Stadium.

Wyong councillor Brenton Pavier disclosed details of the preliminary talks at Wednesday night's council meeting. He said he had attended a private briefing session with the council's planning staff and Mariners deputy chairman Peter Turnbull.

He successfully moved that the council organise urgent talks with Mariners representatives with a view to moving the proposal forward as quickly as possible.

Cr Pavier said: ``Imagine the boost this would give Wyong shire.

``The Mariners have already helped lift the region's profile and if it comes off what a magnificent asset this complex would be for the shire.''

The council voted on Wednesday night to continue its joint sponsorship arrangement with the Mariners by providing a grant of $105,000.

The money will be allocated from the council's 2007/08 economic development project.

General manager Kerry Yates said this was more than just a sponsorship of a sporting team.

``The joint sponsorship of the Mariners has been designed as an avenue to bring new businesses to the Central Coast,'' he said.

interesting!

fish

This has the potential to set the club up player wise for years.
I can picture something along the lines of the Ajax production line eventually.
Be even sweeter when the National Youth League kicks off and were ready to go with a squad picked form the 5 or 6 Associations we have set up working relationships with.

Tassiemariner

Wow fantastic news.
Imagine a mariners team 75% full of local players brought up through the Academy (call them "Lawries Lions" maybe :p ) and winning the league.

midfielder

Wyong a good place to put it too, lots and lots of young sports playing kids in that neck of the woods.

Also on train line and easy freeway connection.

P

Pete

This was also mentioned in the Central Coast section of the Terrorgraph, I think on Friday.

If they use the land that's behind Tuggerah Oval and the Wyong RSL facilities there, I'm claiming copyright! (I joked about doing just what they are proposing, and mentioned the Oval, the clubhouse and the close proximity to Mariners HQ and the Tuggerah train station during the off season in some thread on the old board). ;) ;D

P

Pete

Sounds more like envy than dead set hatred, Dibo - and I'll take that as a compliment.

Sydney have had their chance, they had the money - much more than we had at the start. They could have already had the place up and running by now, if they hadn't broke the bank by buying Littbarski, Yorke, Juninho and the short term guest role by Carbonne (all of which have probably cost more than they reaped in $$ returned).

FFC Mariner

If you want to pick a few clues as to why they cant connect with the public, read Kosmina's column in Fridays SMH. Bangs on and on about Sydney City and mentions Uncle Frank etc etc.

NSL mind set = NSL outcomes

C

curious

dibo said:
posted it on the bling forum and the first response was:

they just continue to impress.

the dirty, inbred, yellow bogan carnts.
Looks like they are throwing kisses your way on the jest forum too.
he's already posted it on the sydney forum.. begging for attention perhaps?
Well he is giving free head jobs next week to all cove members that will be his freind
:grouphug:

dibo

Pete said:
Sounds more like envy than dead set hatred, Dibo - and I'll take that as a compliment.

yeah, the envy should kick in elsewhere because this is the shit all clubs ought to be doing.
yep. it's very positive really, while this isn't really past drawing boards and feasibility studies, it's putting a downpayment on the future.

10 practice fields! accommodation!

that's a setup for pretty lucrative clinic coaching, as well as support for the CC state league team(/s) and local junior elite pathways.

if you think there are too many players being talked about as coaches, this is where they should be going to while they're working through the coaching pathways up to an AFC A licence. if we can invest (this is different to just spending!) in infrastructure and personnel to develop the game, we can build a cradle to grave football club where players from anywhere - whether they be from the central coast, sydney, WA or frickin tahiti... people from all over the world send their resumes and dvds to the Arsenal and Ajax schools. we can't do that, but we can be the pinnacle of the country and oceania's youth development.

it can also be a major part of the national coach education system, after all there's no point having a technical director if we don't have a major coach education program to get the technical and tactical education out there and make 'the australian system' (whatever that turns out to be and wherever it evolves to) standard practice from park football to the socceroos.

huge stuff, and this is the stuff that turnbull was talking about when he invested in the club.

he's here for a long time, and with plans like this, so are the mariners.
curious said:
dibo said:
posted it on the bling forum and the first response was:

they just continue to impress.

the dirty, inbred, yellow bogan carnts.
Looks like they are throwing kisses your way on the jest forum too.
he's already posted it on the sydney forum.. begging for attention perhaps?
Well he is giving free head jobs next week to all cove members that will be his freind
:grouphug:

i've got mates who are sydney fans, but that's more because they're mates through (my) football, uni, having a life etc. because i live down here. should i slash my wrists?

i want people to know about it because i'm proud of what our club is trying to achieve and there's 50/50 of a) wanting to stick it up other clubs who aren't thinking that far ahead and b) hoping other supporters will urge their clubs to develop these programs as well, because the league and football generally will benefit.

C

curious

Give up on that hypocrite on the jest forum dibo. He is the same "mature" person that bagged his own club for clamping down on flares & the same guy that bagged the marinators for having sponsorship in the 442 blog. Also classes anyone that reports bad crowd behaviour to security as dobbing dogs.
Hardly exemplifies the the mind of an adult.

FFC Mariner

Same here Dibo, I work in the City and have Bling mates. Cant remember any gratuitous Bj's though.

I also have a few scum members I am proud to call mates. They hate the Squadrunts as much as we do though on the grounds that they

a) Know the game
b) Know both of their parents
c) Are over 14
d) Dont think that you have to go trying to be ultra hardcore to go to a game
e) Can drink properly

Ursus

Bring it on.
I feel sorry for all the old Northern Spirit fans who went to the dark side rather than following Lawrie to the land of enlightenment. ;D

midfielder

Greenpoleffc said:
If you want to pick a few clues as to why they cant connect with the public, read Kosmina's column in Fridays SMH. Bangs on and on about Sydney City and mentions Uncle Frank etc etc.

NSL mind set = NSL outcomes

You are so right and I hope someone at Flying Circus read your post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred