• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Grand Final win- DREAM IT. SEE IT. FEEL IT...

LFCMariners

#2 Last night.

In the bay we were singing 'WE ARE CHAMPIONS! WE ARE CHAMPIONS!' as the blue and yellow confetti blasted out of the pipes and over the boys. They lifted the toilet seat up and the cheering went up a level. The bay was awash with swirling flags and banners jinking up and down and an entire crowd with their arms in the air.

Then it cut to the boys strolling along the perimeter fence, camera flashes going off and people down the very front embracing them as they cheered and saluted the crowd. There was a huge crush down the front but it didn't matter. The chant was up 'YELLOW YELLOW MARINERS FC!' Someone said 'F**k Craig Foster!'

Omni

I've got that vision of me with that trophy around my neck at Mingers.

Crowd chants "ARE YOU WATCHING FOSSIE?" as the final whistle goes. Central Coast Mariners 3 Newcastle Jets 1

LFCMariners

# 3

This time it was standing in the bay chanting 'WE ARE CHAMPIONS, YES WE ARE CHAMPIONS!' as the boys embraced on the pitch and Lawrie ran onto the ground to be with the team. In the foreground, out of the corner of my eye I noticed Jets players slumped on the turf. I began singing 'NEWCASTLE TILL THEY LOSE, NEWCASTLE TILL THEY LOSE, WE KNOW YOU ARE YOU SHOW YOU ARE NEWCASTLE TILL THEY LOSE!' The podium was whisked out to the middle of the field as I stated to my friends that we were now the A-League champions. Then the presentation was made. That toilet seat looked bloody good in the hands of Mariners players.

Timmah

To be honest, once that final whistle goes, we shouldn't care about Newcastle or them losing.

We win, we're champions. Newcastle are nothing.

LFCMariners

This time we're clapping, on our feet singing 'STAND UP FOR THE MARINERS!' as the boys begin their victory lap. I have such a strong feeling of happiness and relief- it's all over, it's our name going on the toilet seat, for the next year, WE are the Champions! The boys wave to our bay as they draw closer and the chant morphs to 'WE ALL FOLLOW A YELLOW FOOTBALL TEAM!' There's a blue and yellow flag waving down the front of the bay, obstructing my view a little, but who cares?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Nowra Phoenix said:
Kick some Novocastrian ass! Most other Wellingtonians here seem to be backing the Mariners from what I've seen/heard, and I'm one of them. Best of luck, I'll be wearing yellow to the pub for the final before getting back in black!

Mariners in 2008, Phoenix in 2009 ;)

Thanks mate - it's kinda tingly to think that somewhere, a whole bunch of people who normally wouldn't support us are going to be cheering US on in this huge, huge match.  That's when you really start to realise just how big thie GF is.

We look forward to seeing you in the 08/09 GF :D

Mermaid

Im feeling very confident indeed. Extremely pumped & fired up :fireup: :fireup: I have 100% faith our boys can do this! This is our year to shine YELLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :eek:verhead: :tophat:

LFCMariners

x5

The ref's whistle blows fulltime and the crowd roars as one throughout the SFS. On the field, the boys leap in the air, pump their fists and embrace as Lawrie shakes hands with the coaching staff and makes his way out on the pitch. I'm yelling and just taking it in that this is it. It is finished, all the waiting of the past week is over and we are taking the toilet seat home with us 100% certain.

An early goal from Vidmar sets the team off to a flyer, before the game becomes a tense, psychological battle between the managers, much of the play bogged down in the midfield.

Only in the last 20 minutes do the Jets throw players forward, leaving a hole at the back through which John Aloisi nets the winner with minutes to go, killing the tie, and the dreams of the Jets.

At which point I make a lot of noise, waking up my mates parents, and being shouted at for making loud noises at 8:30 on Sunday morning.

MrCelery

Aloisi dominates for 90 minutes and scores an opportunistic goal. Covic doesn't even see it.

Sasho pots a beauty with a sharp turn and shot, and run to the Newcastle bench pointing at his noggin, screaming: Who's the sharpest tool in to box now!".

Gumprecht weaves past a static Jets defence late in the game and unleashes a thunderbolt from close range to silence the bogan Scum and send the Marinators and other Mariners supporters into raptures.

Griffiths earns a second yellow for a blatant dive in the box.

Full time whistle - an overwhelming feeling of relief, and sheer pride in what we've acheived both on and off the park in just three years. Lot's of man and girl love in the stands and all the way to Mingara. Reading the next morning's paper: "WE DID THE DOUBLE!"

Timmah

There's a good one... name your Monday morning headline and Wednesday morning Express headline...

Tele Monday: "CHAMPIONS AHOY"

Express Wed: "GLORY IS OURS"

...on reflection I'm thinking that Tele one isn't lame enough compared to their normal bland sports headlines.

mariners4ever

Timmah said:
There's a good one... name your Monday morning headline and Wednesday morning Express headline...

...on reflection I'm thinking that Tele one isn't lame enough compared to their normal bland sports headlines.

nah you're wrong  ;)

tele monday: "sydney lose to galaxy"
wednesday express: "we did the double" !!!!!!!!

Part_Timer

mariners4ever said:
Timmah said:

nah you're wrong  ;)

tele monday: "sydney lose to galaxy"
wednesday express: "we did the double" !!!!!!!!

HAHAHA

Timmah

I see it...

ccm-champ.jpg

infirmus

Say, what happened to the big win you guys were planning? I hope you keep Aloisi for next season, he couldn't hit a barn door.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred