• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners fan forum at Ettalong

Insertnamehere

Allow me to unbaffle you....our beloved Central Coast Council are all sitting around twiddling their f**kin thumbs happy in their delusion that the Central Coast Bears are over West Gosford picking up the new club strip ....we got soccer haters on the Council rest assured
Averse to revenue streams if thats the case.

FFC Mariner

Allow me to unbaffle you....our beloved Central Coast Council are all sitting around twiddling their f**kin thumbs happy in their delusion that the Central Coast Bears are over West Gosford picking up the new club strip ....we got soccer haters on the Council rest assured
I wonder if an ex Mayor put the boot in?

pjennings

They don't actually need to profit share and that would be another example of them gouging their anchor tenant. They should be happy that their anchor tenant would have the management rights and are utilizing a community asset for the benefit of the community and not locking it away for all but 20 days a year.

Giving the Mariners the management rights
1) sends a very strong message to the FFA that the region is fully supportive of the Mariners.
2) save over $500000 a year in match day expenses to Council while also taking on the responsibility of their own match day expenses but also getting income from food and beverages.
3) saves Council on providing staff to match day (many of who are shadowed by CCM anyway to try to make sure what we are after is delivered)
4) allows opportunity for the club to bring events to the stadium to cross-subsidise Central Coast sport and community events at the Stadium.
5) allow the Stadium to become the spiritual home of the Mariners and hopefully Central Coast sport.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I’m sure all those very valid points have been broached with the Council PJ ...but yet

turbo

They don't actually need to profit share and that would be another example of them gouging their anchor tenant
I don't think there's anything specifically wrong with profit share as long as it's reflected in whatever fee the club negotiates. The club can offer X per year as a set fee or Y per year with a profit share. Whether that's appealing depends on how much faith they have in the club utilising the stadium and how many events the council feels they are bringing to the table. There's a mutually beneficial deal to be made there as long as both sides act in good faith. The alternative is risking the loss of an anchor tenant and that would be bad business all round unless they want to ditch the stadium and offload the land.

pjennings

Staj mentioned Dr Craig Duncan will consult with CCM when responding to someone's hark back to Andrew Clark's regime. My memory of him at SFC is that while he was well regarded they had many soft tissue injuries while Clarkey oversaw a period when we had minimal soft tissue injuries. Not convinced he is messiah that we should be looking at.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

They don't actually need to profit share and that would be another example of them gouging their anchor tenant. They should be happy that their anchor tenant would have the management rights and are utilizing a community asset for the benefit of the community and not locking it away for all but 20 days a year.

1) sends a very strong message to the FFA that the region is fully supportive of the Mariners.
2) save over $500000 a year in match day expenses to Council while also taking on the responsibility of their own match day expenses but also getting income from food and beverages.
3) saves Council on providing staff to match day (many of who are shadowed by CCM anyway to try to make sure what we are after is delivered)
4) allows opportunity for the club to bring events to the stadium to cross-subsidise Central Coast sport and community events at the Stadium.
5) allow the Stadium to become the spiritual home of the Mariners and hopefully Central Coast sport.
Gotta give something to get something. Although I dont really see how a partnership is gouging if both parties end up utilising the stadium more, its better maintained and both make more money from it.

style_cafe

I was pretty happy with last night, although the Mulvey introduction of 2017 kept haunting me throughout.
I was lucky enough though,to have a chat with Anton and Staj before and after the meeting.
Both were very keen and are committed to lifting us off the bottom of the table.
They are realistic though and realise that it`s going to be a hard road to travel.

There were no promises that they can turn it all around next season and I got the impression it will
take at least 3 years before we`re top 4 again.
The only things they did commit to, was to work hard, and to do things better.

Another thing I picked up on was that Staj had been to Serbia to scout players and there could be an
announcement soon if all goes well.

Apart from that it was good to see Wombat again and I met Pirate Pete which was a bonus
PS. Great summary FP... just one minor clarification for those that didn`t make it,
Item 4.
"Better financial outlook for CCM with the change of ownership but there is a hand over period of some length so won't be immediate".
This discussion was about the HAL clubs taking over the running of the A-League.
I just didn`t want anyone getting their hopes up...:popcorn:

pjennings

Gotta give something to get something. Although I dont really see how a partnership is gouging if both parties end up utilising the stadium more, its better maintained and both make more money from it.

At the moment they are gouging their tenant and doing the bare minimum on the stadium after being dragged kicking and screaming by the Mariners. The Council have shown they can't run it and they have 30 years of backlog work in the Gosford CBD that they should be concentrating on.

A better run stadium will help attract businesses (ratepayers) to the new buildings being developed as it will drag more people into the CBD to frequent them. The Mariners at last report bring in $8m to season into the Central Coast. If they could run more events, become more sustainable, invest more into the team and attract greater crowds that is the where the Council wins. Until then they are no worse off and arguably able to concentrate on their core job..

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Well said, Great post PJ.

MagpieMariner

I think Recky's got it right. The NRL dinosaurs on Council still think the Bears are a goer, it's just a matter of waiting until the NRL changes it's mind on no Central Coast team. Until they get it through their thick heads that the Bears are dead, nothing will change.

Ancient Mariner

Interesting that those who went to the meeting seem to be more positive than those who followed the stream.

Could be the optimists went to the meeting while the pessimists stayed home.

Could also be that those who were there picked up a lot more in the one to one chats afterwards.

I am definitely an optimist simply because to be a "Hanrahan" makes life too miserable.

Looking forward to the visa signings. Although they will probably unknown names to most of us hopefully there will be a new fan favourite to be found amongst them.

We desperately need another Kwassie. :D

Wombat

Interesting that those who went to the meeting seem to be more positive than those who followed the stream.

Could be the optimists went to the meeting while the pessimists stayed home.

Could also be that those who were there picked up a lot more in the one to one chats afterwards.

I am definitely an optimist simply because to be a "Hanrahan" makes life too miserable.

Looking forward to the visa signings. Although they will probably unknown names to most of us hopefully there will be a new fan favourite to be found amongst them.

We desperately need another Kwassie. :D

I'm an optimist too but i was in a jaded mood going to the event. Shaun coming over and shaking my hand and having a insightful chat was promising. As usual there is alot to like about Shaun.

Maybe i'm nieve but I believed Staj and Anton hook line and sinker. I saw an intelligent and hungry coach who has a point to prove and a score to settle with the dogs at FFA. That is gold for us. I'm sitting there listening thinking is a 3 year contract enough. This man can be better than Arnie, He could be the Aussie Ferguson!
Anton.........is a very likeable chap. He is a real Football person, rather than a fanboy like MC (nothing wrong with a fan boy if he spends to the cap Mikey Boy!) Intelligent and confident. He makes out he is connected and as i said previously I think he will be what we were missing last year with the laughable appointment of Phelan as TD.
Anton is real and approachable. I feel he is a blessing for our club.

In hindsight who could have predicted Mulvey who be so off the pace. Who could have know Mulvey and his agent Rallis would basically destroy our season with the most ludicrous recruitment.
And who would have known Mike, Phelan and Shaun could have been blindsided so badly.

I feel with Anton and Staj, no one will be asleep at the wheel when is comes to the basics.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah that sums up the feeling really well for most people I spoke to and me as well. I was taken in by mulvey big time. I mean he’s coached a winning side and talked a great game. But last night I think a lot of us responded because its more than just what they were saying..,

It’s the kind of men they clearly are. Like if you can’t tell Dan is a terrific guy, and I think Shaun also, then I think you’re a probably a pretty poor judge of character. And Staj and Anton have some clear qualities that most of us could see/feel being there. And they’re qualities we’ve obviously been missing, Also 5 heads are going to be probably ten times better than two and a remote Phelan. Because I think the extra support will mean Shaun can be better at his job now also. And if they’re all doing a good job and fix up the support structure around Staj that Erin questioned about last night, which they say they are, then I’m sure Staj will be in a better position than Mulvey or Okon was to do his job well.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I'm an optimist too but i was in a jaded mood going to the event. Shaun coming over and shaking my hand and having a insightful chat was promising. As usual there is alot to like about Shaun.

Maybe i'm nieve but I believed Staj and Anton hook line and sinker. I saw an intelligent and hungry coach who has a point to prove and a score to settle with the dogs at FFA. That is gold for us. I'm sitting there listening thinking is a 3 year contract enough. This man can be better than Arnie, He could be the Aussie Ferguson!
Anton.........is a very likeable chap. He is a real Football person, rather than a fanboy like MC (nothing wrong with a fan boy if he spends to the cap Mikey Boy!) Intelligent and confident. He makes out he is connected and as i said previously I think he will be what we were missing last year with the laughable appointment of Phelan as TD.
Anton is real and approachable. I feel he is a blessing for our club.

In hindsight who could have predicted Mulvey who be so off the pace. Who could have know Mulvey and his agent Rallis would basically destroy our season with the most ludicrous recruitment.
And who would have known Mike, Phelan and Shaun could have been blindsided so badly.

I feel with Anton and Staj, no one will be asleep at the wheel when is comes to the basics.

I thought it was just me cheering you up at the start...:popcorn:

Big Al

I think i staj we have a non nonsense coach with actual tactical skill. He has better organisational skills than the others as has led our country.

Leads to optimism but needs everyone to work with him and go with his style.

Right amount of intelligence and ass kicking imo. He with some structural help could get us out of trouble.

However we need to use his experience and set the systems up regardless of the manager. All this choping and changing is ridiculous.

If the manager comes to someone next time and says get rid of he successful nyl coach. Don’t do it. Say no why would we. If you are threatened that’s probably a good thing as he is someone who is getting success and knows what he is doing.

There needs to be Mariners mentality not what would you like coach attitude

Insertnamehere

I think i staj we have a non nonsense coach with actual tactical skill. He has better organisational skills than the others as has led our country.

Leads to optimism but needs everyone to work with him and go with his style.

Right amount of intelligence and ass kicking imo. He with some structural help could get us out of trouble.

However we need to use his experience and set the systems up regardless of the manager. All this choping and changing is ridiculous.

If the manager comes to someone next time and says get rid of he successful nyl coach. Don’t do it. Say no why would we. If you are threatened that’s probably a good thing as he is someone who is getting success and knows what he is doing.

There needs to be Mariners mentality not what would you like coach attitude
Although he had the pick of whatever player he wanted, the fact they improved out of sight and with out a doubt Sam Kerr found like 3 more gears is a testiment to what he can do.
Im keen to see how he goes with his pick of whatever the other 10 clubs dont want.

turbo

Well the State Federations can but they will also impoverish themselves by doing so and endure a damaging PR campaign already being waged against them by Fox Sports. The State Federations have very little options here.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sta...-as-they-prepare-to-veto-independent-a-league

images

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred