Mariners Draw 2019/20

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by marinermick, Aug 8, 2019.

1. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

As long as they do something in the ACL for once I can live with that

2. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Trent slotting home their 4th

3. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

We will get arse raped next week. It has that forboding inevitability similar to the Kogarah game last year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Don’t be so sure......oh f**k it.....I’m sick of being positive

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights. Oh dear, next week is not going to be pretty for the yellow. Only consolation, Redders hasn't had a clean sheet yet I don't think. I said earlier that I thought AU & MC were better than FC, but I've had to revise that opinion. Tonight was a massive display and it'll get worse (for the opposition) when Barbarouses gets his scoring boots on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Well I'll go against the trend. Next week will be the first week we should have a fully fit Milan and Kim as well as hopefully a better cutting edge with Jair (at least for part of the game). We need to cut the feed to ALF and Barbarouses from midfield and I think with both Kim and Milan in the team we have a chance to do that.

Will we win? I'm not going that far but I give us a shot. What I cannot see is a Sydney rout.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

I think we’ll see another defensive set up like the WU game where we try to shut them down and look to pinch something on the counter or when we get a bit of possession up the other end. Will be interesting to see who we line up with and if the individual errors can be cut down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

I thought it had on the screen at the start of the game he'd had one clean sheet from six games this season.

They beat WU 2-0.

9. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

At least Sydney aren’t as physical which will suit some of our attacking players, but in most other regards, clearly a much stronger squad across the park. And hard to imagine them not scoring 2 or more goals on us. Their running down the right against roar was awesome. I’m having nightmares about Clisby already.

10. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

Ninko giving SFC two weeks to try and keep him. Let’s hope that causes some internal conflicts. He had a great game last night. Bulls must have made a large offer.

11. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

So welded to the spoon for at least a few more weeks hey

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

I think this is a real big test for Staj - how much can he restore the confidence and optimism to where it was before the season and have us playing like Rd 1/2?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

I dont think so - anything less than 5 is going to be a good result - Just get Trent to run at Clisby and he'll score 3

14. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Thanks, I missed that.

15. rbakersmith

rbakersmith Well-Known Member

It looks like the draw has changed yet again...

I got two emails from Ticketek this morning:

16. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

The Sydney game was one of our only Saturday night home games left :(

17. Josho Howe

Josho Howe Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. The Saturday night 7:30 kick off is my favourite fixture time and we only get what 2-3? Sucks

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known Member

What a dicking.

19. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

At least the WSW game has more chance of bringing a crowd now. No excuse not to on a Saturday arvo.

• Agree Agree x 1