Mariners Draw 2019/20

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by marinermick, Aug 8, 2019.

1. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

2. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Jets have a round 1 bye, they should travel in pretty decent numbers for round 2.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  3. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

Not unhappy but as always could be improved...

Tuesday night NYE ... 7:30
    Friday .... 2 matches at 7:50 ... late normally means a reasonable crowd and at 7:50 time to get home from the city
    Saturday ... 2 matches at 5:15 and 2 matches at 7:30.
    Sunday ... 5 matches at 4:00 and 1 match at 6:00 of the 5 matches at 4:00 , 3 are in summer and thats not good

4. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

On further reflection 6 Sunday games with 5 at 4:00, of which 3 are in summer and the other 2, 4:00 games close to summer... thats beach / river / lake time on the Coast ... so 6 out of 13 matches on Sunday seems IMO 2 maybe 3 to many ...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

It's also a family friendly time for a Sunday. 4PM is probably better for numbers of travelling WSW fans in round 17 too.

6. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

Then we have the bye in round 3 and we don`t get to see our team for a month
    That`s followed by 2 home games to get the crowd back then another month without seeing them at home.
    That to me says bye bye to any new supporters we may have added...:popcorn:

All teams should play at home after the bye...common sense?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

Thankfully theres’ no scum away midweek & none of those stupid 7pm Sunday games

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coastalraider

Coastalraider Well-Known Member

Bingo.

My 2 kids go to bed at 7pm, so those tones are ideal for me. Can swim a 6pm game if it’s a good one, but not a 7.50.

9. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

As someone who brings newbies most years, the typical 1 game at home in the first 5 or 6 games makes it hard to gather interest / momentum till after this point.

And 1 game at home in the first 5 or 6 games is a recipe to get off to a poor start. Which is what always worries me most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

Game times and not being at home will not matter if we play better and win some games. Need momentum starting with a win against the Roar away in the Cup. We need a good showing in this game or the “old Mariners” calls will come out. Need Kim fit and firing as well as Marko as we will leak 3 or 4 with our make shift defence. Birraz will need to have a huge game like Bon Scott did.

11. style_cafe

I totally agree FP, our seasons are totally disrupted by weeks without games at home.
    The only way to go is Home one week, Away the other... fullstop.

How are we to get any crowd support when we don`t have a game at home for a month twice in the first half of the seson?
    In fact we get 3 home games, 2 byes and 5 away games in the first 10 rounds
    This is stupidity at its best,and we just sit here copping it FFS.
    Not a happy camper here...:fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

We lost any kind of voice or ability to influence years ago Style. We just have to make do and results will be key.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. style_cafe

Time to rise again and show the FFA we`re not done with this league just yet...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Yeah totally agree, 3 home games in the first 10 rounds is a poor balance and a simple home away home away would be terrific.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

Sunday 9 February, 4pm at Newcastle.

There will be no one standing in that away bay!

16. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Can't understand why FFA can't or won't do a simple home, away, home, away schedule. Granted the bye can be a problem but only a minor one. I used a spreadsheet to do an inter-district bowling league once with a similar number of teams, not difficult.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Ground availability is an issue for most clubs too

18. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

19. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

I did notice that - last season the FFA made every effort to split the fixturing into equal thirds but this season that appears to have gone by the wayside. Although I do note we have no double-ups in our last 10 games, which is a good thing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. SuperHans

SuperHans Member

Am tossing up whether to give (waste?) a ticket on a new workmate who says she isn't interested in sport. I haven't tried this before. I'm thinking that the atmosphere at the game may bring her back from the Dark Side. Do the newbies you bring already have an interest in football FP? Has anyone brought football virgins to a game before and how did that fare?