• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners 2012 AFC Champions League megathread

awaba

are they planning some sort of clubhouse at the CoE in the future? I'd guess the RSLs these days would be keen to get some younger, non pokie feeding people in there. Or is there going to be somethin separate to the existing club there now?

tsd

Central Coast Mariners Squad vs. Nagoya Grampus: 1. Mathew RYAN (Gk), 2. Daniel MCBREEN, 3. Joshua ROSE, 6. Patrick ZWAANSWIJK, 7. John HUTCHINSON, 9. Bernie IBINI, 10. Adriano PELLEGRINO, 14. Michael MCGLINCHEY, 15. Brad MCDONALD, 16. Trent SAINSBURY, 17. Tomas ROGIC, 18. Alex WILKINSON (C), 20. Justin PASFIELD (Gk), 22. Mustafa AMINI, 23. Adam KWASNIK, 24. Mitchell DUKE, 25. Anthony CACERES, 27. Trent MCCLENAHAN

quite a lot of regular starters missing and looking like pelle will get a start on the right with weemac on the left... anyone seeing it different?

probably line up as:

mcclenahan - wilko - zwannswijk - rose
-------- hutch ---------
pelle -------------- weemac
-------- rojic ---------
mcbreen--------kwas

pjennings

Central Coast Mariners Squad vs. Nagoya Grampus: 1. Mathew RYAN (Gk), 2. Daniel MCBREEN, 3. Joshua ROSE, 6. Patrick ZWAANSWIJK, 7. John HUTCHINSON, 9. Bernie IBINI, 10. Adriano PELLEGRINO, 14. Michael MCGLINCHEY, 15. Brad MCDONALD, 16. Trent SAINSBURY, 17. Tomas ROGIC, 18. Alex WILKINSON (C), 20. Justin PASFIELD (Gk), 22. Mustafa AMINI, 23. Adam KWASNIK, 24. Mitchell DUKE, 25. Anthony CACERES, 27. Trent MCCLENAHAN

quite a lot of regular starters missing and looking like pelle will get a start on the right with weemac on the left... anyone seeing it different?

probably line up as:

-------- hutch ---------
-------- rojic ---------
mcbreen--------kwas

I must admit I haven't been impressed with McClenahan and think Sainsbury may push him for RB. Since we need to push for the win we may lineup with Kwas nominally at LM and Weemac at right and Bernie up front Macca. With Kwas encouraged to attack that lineup could morph into a 4-3-3 fairly quickly

----------Mat
Sainsbury - wilko - zwannswijk - rose
-------- hutch ---------
weemac -------------- kwas
-------- rojic ---------
mcbreen--------bernie

morphing to

----------Mat
---------- hutch ---------
----weemac --------rojic
bernie------mcbreen--------kwas

tsd

future mariners team? :)

sainsbury - wilko - zwannswijk - rose
-------- caceres ---------
weemac -------------- mcdonald
-------- rojic ---------
ibini---------duke

tsd

I must admit I haven't been impressed with McClenahan and think Sainsbury may push him for RB. Since we need to push for the win we may lineup with Kwas nominally at LM and Weemac at right and Bernie up front Macca. With Kwas encouraged to attack that lineup could morph into a 4-3-3 fairly quickly

----------Mat
-------- hutch ---------
-------- rojic ---------
mcbreen--------bernie

morphing to

----------Mat
----weemac --------rojic

totally agree. would love to see that line up, probably the strongest team with the cattle we have for the game.

midfielder

Gotta have Musty and Rojic on the field at the same time...

I think we will play a 4 - 5 - 1 formation ... with Musty playing behind Rodjic ..

bikinigirl

probably line up as:

-------- hutch ---------
-------- rojic ---------
mcbreen--------kwas

. cb or not i would prefer sainsbury at rb too from what i have seen

. can see no benefit in starting pelle either ... throw musti into the mix, how they shape up in the midfield i don't care just get the right guys on the pitch - we must win!

. the front two i won't complain about ... arnie will want to keep some powder dry for later in the match - probably bernie, could be kwas ... but that's not really a mcbreen role

Wombat

----------Mat
-------- hutch ---------
-------- rojic ---------
mcbreen--------bernie

morphing to

----------Mat
----weemac --------rojic

Thats a decent side Pat.

i also prefer sainsbury at rb for this match.

the only other change i would consider would be to swith rojic to left wing and bring amini into AM. id play kwas and bernie upfront with mcbreen to come off the bench.

timmers

http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/clubs/afc-champions-league/935-afc-champions-league-2012/39125-acl-md6-group-g-preview-

No Kennedy for Nagoya, both sides missing a key player or two.

I hope our fresh legs are enough to get us through, we will need everything to click and play at least as well as we did against Tianjin

true believer

musti has gotta start . this is all or nothing and without olly .
we will need all the technical nous we can muster.
we don't need rojic running right to left on the edge of the area to shoot.
thats kindergarten stuff for the nagoya defence.

i think pelle playing is a good thing .he can play the sort of game we get from pedj on the right

go you f'n yellows

midfielder

0.jpg

Wombat

Pelle has been a muppet this year but I remember him giving us a torrid time at BT when he played for Perth a few years ago....so I know he has talent he just hasn't shown it this year.

true believer

Pelle has been a muppet this year but I remember him giving us a torrid time at BT when he played for Perth a few years ago....so I know he has talent he just hasn't shown it this year.

when running wide right he's dangerous. we tried to play him at the point of midfield, thats not his go.
i felt sorry for him all season for that reason. but he was never gunna get a start over weemac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred