• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners 2012 AFC Champions League megathread

greenpoint

Ahoy there!

Following a recent family trip to Hong Kong and Singapore, further travel to Asia is well and truly on my radar.

I am thinking that the Mariners' appearance in the AFC Champions League in 2012 could present a great excuse to have another Asia trip. (Work, family and finances permitting, of course!)

Just wondering if the Mariners had much away support in their previous appearance in the AFC Champions League? Did any of you make it to any games? I'd be very interested in finding out more.

Does anyone know when the draw will be made for next year's AFC Champions League?

Thanks.

true believer

gee i'd be great to go .i love to see samarkand.

http://www.advantour.com/uzbekistan/samarkand.htm

my travel advice would be singapore and hong kong are "asia lite"
sri lanka is the most underated country on the planet

GlennDwyer

Ahoy there!

Following a recent family trip to Hong Kong and Singapore, further travel to Asia is well and truly on my radar.

I am thinking that the Mariners' appearance in the AFC Champions League in 2012 could present a great excuse to have another Asia trip. (Work, family and finances permitting, of course!)

Just wondering if the Mariners had much away support in their previous appearance in the AFC Champions League? Did any of you make it to any games? I'd be very interested in finding out more.

Does anyone know when the draw will be made for next year's AFC Champions League?

Thanks.

Hey Greenpoint,

My Son and I made the trip to Kawasaki in 2009. We met up with around 20 Mariners fans and had a ball. Japan is amazing place mate plus if you time it right you can get to a couple of J League games as well. We got a good airfare and went again earlier this year, went to 5 J League games and had a ball. We are defiantly going to Japan as I'm pretty sure we will get one of there teams in our group as they get 3 teams in the ACL. In the regards the draw it comes out on the 6th of December.
If you like I can send you some pics of Mariners trip to Kawasaki or if you have any questions send me an email.
glenndwyer@gmail.com

Cheers

scoober

Hey Greenpoint,

My Son and I made the trip to Kawasaki in 2009. We met up with around 20 Mariners fans and had a ball. Japan is amazing place mate plus if you time it right you can get to a couple of J League games as well. We got a good airfare and went again earlier this year, went to 5 J League games and had a ball. We are defiantly going to Japan as I'm pretty sure we will get one of there teams in our group as they get 3 teams in the ACL. In the regards the draw it comes out on the 6th of December.
If you like I can send you some pics of Mariners trip to Kawasaki or if you have any questions send me an email.
glenndwyer@gmail.com

Cheers

I went to the kawasaki game with a mate as well, just awesome! will be going back if we get drawn against a japanese team again.

to those whop are unsure it was pretty damn cheap as well. flights $950 return and our accommodation was only $50 a night in a very clean and comfortable backpacker like accommodation (private rooms and shared bathroom) right in the middle of tokyo!

I've been hanging for this for ages, fingers are crossed we draw a japanese team.

GlennDwyer

I went to the kawasaki game with a mate as well, just awesome! will be going back if we get drawn against a japanese team again.

to those whop are unsure it was pretty damn cheap as well. flights $950 return and our accommodation was only $50 a night in a very clean and comfortable backpacker like accommodation (private rooms and shared bathroom) right in the middle of tokyo!

I've been hanging for this for ages, fingers are crossed we draw a japanese team.

Definitely agree mate. The Japanese were so good to us as well, can't recommend a trip there highly enough! I think some people worry about the language barrier but I can honestly say it is one of the easiest places to get around i have ever been to. I would be interested to know the name of the place you stayed if you could let me know?

Cheers

scoober

Definitely agree mate. The Japanese were so good to us as well, can't recommend a trip there highly enough! I think some people worry about the language barrier but I can honestly say it is one of the easiest places to get around i have ever been to. I would be interested to know the name of the place you stayed if you could let me know?

Cheers

easiest if i give you the website!! could spend hours trying to explain.

www.toukaisou.com

i did book through www.hostworld.com but since the stay have kept their card so IF we go again will see which website is cheaper.

Hostworld is an awesome sight because you can get the reviews on all the accommodation etc

GlennDwyer

easiest if i give you the website!! could spend hours trying to explain.

www.toukaisou.com

i did book through www.hostworld.com but since the stay have kept their card so IF we go again will see which website is cheaper.

Hostworld is an awesome sight because you can get the reviews on all the accommodation etc

Cheers mate will check it out.

greenpoint

Thanks for all your comments, guys.

True Believer is probably right about Hong Kong and Singapore being Asia Lite. But hey, they were great places to take a young family, and a superb introduction to the hustle and bustle of a big Asian city.

We even got to see an S-League match in Singapore, and that was absolutely brilliant! (FC Etoile v Geyland United. Several yellow cards, a first-half red, three players stretchered off, a world-class goal, three world-class saves, a 90th-minute equaliser and an injury-time winner.)

I'll keep checking back on this thread to see what other ideas come up about travel in Asia.

Let's hope our boys in yellow put on a better showing in Asia next year!

Wombat

Hey Greenpoint,

glenndwyer@gmail.com

Cheers

Post a few on here for us all to enjoy.

TonyJ2

I would recommend going to Japan for the ACL away leg! While a Sydney FC fan, I have been over 3 times in the last 30 months for Socceroos and Sydney FC. Next Tuesday is the draw - "Follow" my blog for updates. I'll be joining you!

midfielder

Live blog from the Roar on the asian champions League draw

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/12/06/afc-asian-champions-league-2012-draw-live-blog/

universalmind

Looks like we have Paul Trimboli representing us over there.

EDIT: he is football operations manager at Brisbane

Adelaide also have been given direct qualification

universalmind

Matches

Match 1: 6/7 March - AWAY Tiajin Teda
Match 2: 20/21 March - HOME Nagoya Grampus
Match 3: 3/4 April - HOME Seongnam
Match 4: 17/18 April - AWAY Seongnam
Match 5: 1/2 May - HOME Tiajin Teda
Match 6: 15/16 May AWAY Nagoya Grampus

Online statistics

Members online