• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

pjennings

I think it was as much Rudan playing to the referee that hurt us as anything. The ref has a reputation for letting a lot go in midfield. Once we went down earlier they constantly fouled us in the middle of the field without any sanction.

That's not blaming the ref, just recognising that they played to his natural interpretations. That we didn't adapt is on us. When Nizzy came on they couldn't concentrate on Ollie and Stens to break us up and we looked better.

Tevor

I think it was as much Rudan playing to the referee that hurt us as anything. The ref has a reputation for letting a lot go in midfield. Once we went down earlier they constantly fouled us in the middle of the field without any sanction.

That's not blaming the ref, just recognising that they played to his natural interpretations. That we didn't adapt is on us. When Nizzy came on they couldn't concentrate on Ollie and Stens to break us up and we looked better.
I feel we haven’t played well with Faghani this season and totally agree that when they snared an early goal took full advantage especially with Uskok as a mid making strong tackles and keeping Ollie quiet.

turbo

I feel we haven’t played well with Faghani this season
He should work to our advantage with Bozanic and Stensness in the middle, but when you have the ball dont get caught up and expect a soft foul to bail you out. It's not a complicated situation. When there is a foul make sure it's obvious and play to the whistle.

Wombat

What are people's thoughts on adjustments? Especially this late in the season.

I think a 4-4-2 Diamond would be interesting.

Nigro Tongyik Rowles Clisby
Bouznic
Nisbet Stensness
De Silva
Kuol Urena

Fullbacks pushing forward for width

Hall should come in for Ruon who is out after 5 yellow cards. Its differcult to drop Simon as he has been wonderful this year but he looked "cooked" this last game. Nizzy infront of Bouman all day long for me.

Last edited:

Big Dog

Hall should come in for Ruon who is out after 5 yellow cards. Its differcult to drop Simon as he has been wonderful this year but he looked "cooked" this last game. Nizzy infront of Bouman all day long for me.
Didn't realise Ruon was out. Big game for someone like Hall to come in but he was outstanding there in NPL last season. Will be interesting. There is precedent for Staj with Ballard being thrown on against City.
I'm with you on Nizzy. I really don't see Bouman adding much to this side.

pjennings

Didn't realise Ruon was out. Big game for someone like Hall to come in but he was outstanding there in NPL last season. Will be interesting. There is precedent for Staj with Ballard being thrown on against City.
I'm with you on Nizzy. I really don't see Bouman adding much to this side.
Bouman, Nizzy and Kuol coming on around the same time has worked well. Bouman combines well with Kuol.

That said - nizzy should start before both him and Janota

turbo

Has to be Hall. I'm not on the hype train from the youth setup but there's a decent chance we could lose Rowles to U23 duties before the season ends and we need him to be ready to step in. Pulling Stens or Bozanic might solve a one game issue but doesnt help us come finals where we need to be our best.

sydmariner

Pirate Pete

Anyone else sick of that absolute knobhead Bosnich constantly cosying up to the opposition benches during every one of our home games?

He was at it again with Corica and Co last night, which suggests to me he really does have a problem with CCM the drug-addled nonce.
icon_lol.gif

JackMariner

Anyone else sick of that absolute knobhead Bosnich constantly cosying up to the opposition benches during every one of our home games?

He was at it again with Corica and Co last night, which suggests to me he really does have a problem with CCM the drug-addled nonce.
Absolutely he also is what you sometimes require scraping off the sole of your shoe after visiting a Central Coast off leash dog park. That puncy face broadcast on air makes me want to put my foot through the screen. Would be quite a feet when watching it at the CCLC

BaysideMariner

Absolutely he also is what you sometimes require scraping off the sole of your shoe after visiting a Central Coast off leash dog park. That puncy face broadcast on air makes me want to put my foot through the screen. Would be quite a feet when watching it at the CCLC
He was looking for drama at every turn. Then backing up his statements witha quick biography of his background so that everyone knew he had played the game before. Slater wasn't that much better.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Just as half time hit last night Bozza walked towards the podium past us in bay 9 and stopped to talk to a couple of junior smurfs whilst completely ghosting the two mini Mariners standing next to them ...wottaknob ....also WTF were those smurfs doing there ...go sit with your own breed

JackMariner

Just as half time hit last night Bozza walked towards the podium past us in bay 9 and stopped to talk to a couple of junior smurfs whilst completely ghosting the two mini Mariners standing next to them ...wottaknob ....also WTF were those smurfs doing there ...go sit with your own breed
I tell you what got up my nose the smurfs in front of us turning around and glaring at us whilst we were baracking. Got pretty heated at one stage. The mother had her schnoz so stuck up in the air that a low flying plane would have cut it off right at the flaring nostrils, caused by yours truly!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami