• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

turbo

The bloke has a religious view and should be intitled to air it if he sees fit

There’s no need to do it with a public profile, if it was on a private account with a few hundred friends then whatever, but if it’s public you’re just putting out something that hurts others and doesn’t benefit anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, it doesn’t mean there won’t be consequences if you decide to broadcast them to the world unsolicited.

Wombat

I hear you Turbo...........but i'm not willing to crucify him for an opinion.

How does it hurt anyone? Gay people can do what they like now. To be honest i only know a couple of gay blokes (one has been a mate for 20ys and the other for 5ys) and neither of them could give a flying f__k about a comment like that.

Its only PC sheep that bleat so loud.

Australia is becoming so precious and so pathetic.

Shabow is a decent player......better than Berry and many others. And he is a fine young man and i commend him for having a religious belief.

pjennings

Simple point is he took it down after talking to his management. He might think that he has the freedom of speech to say whatever he wants (that's another debate). However, most sports clubs have a social media policy ( I assume we have one). If what he did was inside the bounds of a policy then it would be fine. If not he could be in breach of his contract. I suspect that is what his management advised him and he took it down.

turbo

How does it hurt anyone?

I doubt coming out and all the range of emotions those people would experience before and afterwards is easy for many people. If you’re out and proud with some confidence it might not mean much but what about the kid that’s struggling with their identity, many of them idolise sports people like Folau (not necessarily lesser known players like Shabow) and putting that out there can be genuinely hurtful. The other thing it does is help other people justify their shitty behaviour especially amongst young people.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

No surprise that the only person on here defending Folau is the resident homophobe. I think that says everything you need to know about who is defending the indefensible.

Antlion

Wombat is not a homophobe, he just doesn't see the point in being offended by words. Which for the most part I totally agree with.

FFC Mariner

If he gets the same shit funding of the football dept, has to put up with players being signed without his input who arent AL standard etc, it doesnt matter who he is.
Gone by this time next season as another scapegoat for Chsrlesworh

Wombat

No surprise that the only person on here defending Folau is the resident homophobe. I think that says everything you need to know about who is defending the indefensible.

And the only one wanting to talk about it more than the Football is our resident faghag.

You need to get out more mate......i dunno maybe go and see your team play Football in the city that you live in?

BTW Shabow was way more effective than WeeMac.

Forum Phoenix

I will make an early call and stake my reputation (what reputation :)) on it.
If this is true I will call this as the best signing the Club has made in the last 5 years.
I like your confidence AM.

I went against the grain with Arnies appointment and while I’m not as confident of Staj, I’m happy to try as he’s clearly not a muppet and I think has a point to prove and will work his ass off.

Mick is right to worry about recruitment but we really do need stability and someone committed to building something longer term.

Holy

I will make an early call and stake my reputation (what reputation :)) on it.
If this is true I will call this as the best signing the Club has made in the last 5 years.
I’m with you AM, I think he will be too.

I’m not so worried about his ability to recruit, he just has to get the balance of the squad right first. Get that right, and we are halfway there.

NoDiggity

Mike Phelan could be getting ready for a major promotion at Manchester United after reports suggest that the club want to appoint him as a technical director.

The 56-year-old former footballer, who was assistant manager to Sir Alex Ferguson, returned to the club as a first-team coach under Ole Gunnar Solskjær back in December.

With the 46-year-old Norwegian appointed as the permanent United manager last month, the club want Phelan to remain at Old Trafford and take up the role as technical director.

According to the Daily Mail, United head of corporate development Matt Judge is among the club officials to have been in discussions with the Red Devils coach since Solskjær committed his future to the club.

However, the newspaper reports that a contract has not been discussed between both parties, though Phelan still wants to keep some influence in the United dugout.

As technical director, though, the former Norwich City and Burnley player would 'make him responsible for overseeing the rebuilding of the club.'

bf00fe005cbd6bc98a1ae0228bac3ddb.jpg

Credit: PA

If Phelan takes up the new role, then Michael Carrick will be 'effectively' promoted to Solskjær's number two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred