• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Anyone remember which keeper(?) broke a leg at BT very early in the HAL era...and no not the sonic and Fuku tally one

Rowdy

DE SILVA: I WASN'T A REBEL ON STRIKE:

1_630_1120_1_70_-News-20180809033659_GettyImages-1008762228.jpg
Sydney FC loan star Danny de Silva has hit back at suggestions he forced Central Coast Mariners to let him leave by refusing to train with the Gosford club.

Sources at the Central Coast side last month claimed de Silva was not turning up for training in a bid to force through a mutual termination on the last three years of his deal.

Club insiders told FourFourTwo at the time that they had stopped paying the 21 year old star in a bid to bring him back to the training ground while they held out for a deal overseas.

CCM point blank refused to let De Silva end his contract to join Sydney permanently for free, and FFA rules prohibit transfer fees between A-League clubs.

Instead they hoped de Silva could find a new club overseas who would be able to pay the club a transfer fee.

In the end a new A-League rule allowing loans between clubs salvaged the increasingly ugly situation with a win for all sides.

De Silva got his move to Sydney FC, they picked up a star signing (with part of his wage paid by Central Coast Mariners) and the Gosford side made a profit on the retainer paid by Serie A side Roma to keep alive a transfer option on de Silva, while still retaining a long term contract on the player.

Today though de Silva claimed he was never on strike or rebelling and the deal was all amicably agreed.

"Being the first player to ever be loaned within the A-League is something new and I guess there is still a lingering and strange feeling about the way I left the Mariners and was able to join Sydney," he told Professional Footballers Australia website.

"The most important thing for me through this process was to understand what was actually happening and not to let other noise get into my head.

"People said I was ‘on strike’ or ‘rebelling’. This certainly wasn’t the case. It was actually much more straightforward.

"The Mariners were made aware there was an opportunity for me to move to Sydney and they were open to that."

He added: "I had a meeting with the staff at the Mariners, and they gave me permission not to attend training until the discussions with Sydney were resolved.

"It was a really nice gesture from them, and I thank them for that.

"The Mariners staff didn’t insist on me returning to training as they were aware the deal with Sydney was being done – it was just taking a lot longer because the rules were new and people were working through it all for the first time.

"In my mind, this was the way a lot of transfers and loans work around the world, so there was no issue. I knew the Mariners knew that too, so I felt comfortable with the decision.

"I never refused to go to training or anything like that.

"I always had a good relationship with the Mariners the whole time I was there. They are a great bunch of lads. I still try and keep in contact with them and I’m not too far away from them now.

"I sent them a message wishing them all the best for the rest of the season and left on good terms."

-------------------------------------------------------------
o_O
..... yeah .... I'm calling it :
- BULLSHIT !!

Tevor

View attachment 1172
Sydney FC loan star Danny de Silva has hit back at suggestions he forced Central Coast Mariners to let him leave by refusing to train with the Gosford club.

Sources at the Central Coast side last month claimed de Silva was not turning up for training in a bid to force through a mutual termination on the last three years of his deal.

Club insiders told FourFourTwo at the time that they had stopped paying the 21 year old star in a bid to bring him back to the training ground while they held out for a deal overseas.

CCM point blank refused to let De Silva end his contract to join Sydney permanently for free, and FFA rules prohibit transfer fees between A-League clubs.

Instead they hoped de Silva could find a new club overseas who would be able to pay the club a transfer fee.

In the end a new A-League rule allowing loans between clubs salvaged the increasingly ugly situation with a win for all sides.

De Silva got his move to Sydney FC, they picked up a star signing (with part of his wage paid by Central Coast Mariners) and the Gosford side made a profit on the retainer paid by Serie A side Roma to keep alive a transfer option on de Silva, while still retaining a long term contract on the player.

Today though de Silva claimed he was never on strike or rebelling and the deal was all amicably agreed.

"Being the first player to ever be loaned within the A-League is something new and I guess there is still a lingering and strange feeling about the way I left the Mariners and was able to join Sydney," he told Professional Footballers Australia website.

"The most important thing for me through this process was to understand what was actually happening and not to let other noise get into my head.

"People said I was ‘on strike’ or ‘rebelling’. This certainly wasn’t the case. It was actually much more straightforward.

"The Mariners were made aware there was an opportunity for me to move to Sydney and they were open to that."

He added: "I had a meeting with the staff at the Mariners, and they gave me permission not to attend training until the discussions with Sydney were resolved.

"The Mariners staff didn’t insist on me returning to training as they were aware the deal with Sydney was being done – it was just taking a lot longer because the rules were new and people were working through it all for the first time.

"In my mind, this was the way a lot of transfers and loans work around the world, so there was no issue. I knew the Mariners knew that too, so I felt comfortable with the decision.

"I always had a good relationship with the Mariners the whole time I was there. They are a great bunch of lads. I still try and keep in contact with them and I’m not too far away from them now.

"I sent them a message wishing them all the best for the rest of the season and left on good terms."

o_O
- BULLSHIT !!
He has to be nice he is still contracted to us and will be in the same spot at the end of the season unless he does well and can move overseas. There is more to play out over the next 12 months. Will be interesting.

Insertnamehere

View attachment 1172

o_O
- BULLSHIT !!
Didn't MC come out and basically say the opposite when this was all in the press?

Wombat

Little yapping dog. He should have got a hard whack over his pretentious little nose.
He is just lucky that the FFA make the rules up as they go along.....always to suit Sydney FC.

Rowdy

You guys are harsh the rule was made for us.

So we could get rid of him:p

NEVER ....EVER ... in the history of the HAL, have the FFA done a single thing for CCM that could even come close to being considered a 'solid'.

- NO home GF v The Scum
- Handball from Judas Holland
- 9 fcuking months suspension for Vuka
- Sack Whacking Griffiths not even a YC
- No you can't sign Damian Mori
.... he's NOT a Defender
- Perez fooled the Ref, suspended

I'm sure there's more ....

greenlig

So, you’re telling me the spineless little c**t didn’t send his brother in to clean out his locker at the end of last season? And that he didn’t refuse to play the last home game? Righto dickhead, f**k off and don’t come back to this club.
Did he actually refuse to play the last game? I must have missed the furore cause I thought this was just a peaheart meme.

Did he actually refuse to play the last game? I must have missed the furore cause I thought this was just a peaheart meme.

Completely agree. Where did that rumour start?

I haven't been in the country for a couple of months, but I was around at the end of the season and there was no talk of that within the club.

He'd had recurring issues ever since he returned from the Olyroos camp in January and had actually played through niggling injuries for a few games before the Scum.

Wombat

NEVER ....EVER ... in the history of the HAL, have the FFA done a single thing for CCM that could even come close to being considered a 'solid'.

- NO home GF v The Scum
- Handball from Judas Holland
- 9 fcuking months suspension for Vuka
- Sack Whacking Griffiths not even a YC
- No you can't sign Damian Mori
.... he's NOT a Defender
- Perez fooled the Ref, suspended

I'm sure there's more ....

You forgot the corrupt FFA stooge Ref that allowed a dominated Brisbane team to sneak through to a Penalty shoot out and beat us on penalties to win the GF.
How galling us beating the Drive By's must have been for those disgusting suits at the FFA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred