• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Was down at the commonwealth games torch thingy this morning at the stadium...Coast Rugby was there, IFS was there, hell even the Sydney sixes from Big Bash League had a marquee....you know who didn’t have one iota of presence there....give you one guess and their initials are CCM....Golden fkn opportunitys to promote and tthese clowns avoid it ....either their arrogant or stupid or a combo of the two

Yoda

Was down at the commonwealth games torch thingy this morning at the stadium...Coast Rugby was there, IFS was there, hell even the Sydney sixes from Big Bash League had a marquee....you know who didn’t have one iota of presence there....give you one guess and their initials are CCM....Golden fkn opportunitys to promote and tthese clowns avoid it ....either their arrogant or stupid or a combo of the two
Or of course they were ummmm TRAINING

Timmah

It's fair to criticise for not being there but I'm not sure insulting them is really fair.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
It's fair to criticise for not being there but I'm not sure insulting them is really fair.
oh Im sorry , i apologise for my tirade of x rated expletives ...what i meant to say was horribly misinformed dingle berries

Timmah

oh Im sorry , i apologise for my tirade of x rated expletives ...what i meant to say was horribly misinformed dingle berries
Or just don't insult a staff that, for the most part, have done a fantastic job at trying to re-engage the community in recent years.

Calling them clowns is the sort of garbage I expect to see on Facebook, not here. And it's out of line

Gratis

I just had a quick look.
In A-League seasons alone (i.e. not including preseason, ACL etc):

Since/including the 2014/15 season:

Played--Win---Lose--Draw
100-----17----58----25

Gratis

For most of this time I've been an optimist, seeing that hitting rock bottom means that the way back up had to be around the corner.

These last couple of months are breaking me. I'm pretty rusted on but we've been so liberally and repeatedly doused in WD40 that I'm starting to flake.

If the club/owner won't treat us seriously and have an honest go (Shaun and backroom staff excused) what reason do the fans have to keep taking the punishment?

bikinigirl

. fair comment i reckon ... it was (apparently) a big community event - not that i was interested, but i knew enough about it to know there were road closures to avoid. the club surely knew about it considering the event was being staged at the stadium the day before a game (and because i am pretty sure they weren't real happy about that fact)

. suggesting that CCM were not involved because the organisers didn't contact them is very much beside the point. if the club had tried to get a spot and were refused different story though

JoyfulPenguin

For most of this time I've been an optimist, seeing that hitting rock bottom means that the way back up had to be around the corner.

These last couple of months are breaking me. I'm pretty rusted on but we've been so liberally and repeatedly doused in WD40 that I'm starting to flake.

If the club/owner won't treat us seriously and have an honest go (Shaun and backroom staff excused) what reason do the fans have to keep taking the punishment?
I want to preface this by saying I think Shaun and everyone around the club do a fantastic job, I don't mean this as an attack on anyone, just a few questions I have.

The TV Deal fully covers the salary cap, so how and why are we still paying the floor? I get that you have to pay for travel, accommodation, ground hire which we lose money on from our low attendance and poor stadium deal, ground hire around the country for training, coaches, medical staff, training equipment, admin and media etc. But on the on the podcast Shaun said that we had about 5000 full season memberships and that is $1,275,000. I don't know if we have to give any of that to the FFA or not but even on half of that wouldn't we be able to afford, at the very least, the majority of our staff? Then we have sponsorship from Masterfoods, Dyldam etc. Transfers from Maty Ryan, Kwabena Appiah etc. How much more revenue do we need to be paying the full cap?

Wombat

How was it Davey?
We were meaning to go then forgot about it.
Then we went to look at a Penthouse in Point Fred but roads were closed down by the stadium. We cut back around to Iggys and pushed in only to be held up by the boat ramp by heaps of coppers and Queen's baton vehicles.
Looked impressive and was well organised.

Penthouse was a Meh so we wont be neighbours mate.

Forum Phoenix

How can you argue with this? 100 games... 17 wins... It's just too low a return on your fans investment. I've pushed back on so many quitters these past 3 years. But I just look stupid now. We simply must start doing better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred