• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

marinermick

I'm sure that US college football is a good standard, but that 'playing in Europe' is a goal for most. As Beni pointed out its not a good result if this means playing in the lower divisions of lower ranked nations there.

Does anyone know much about the US pathway and its successful development of youth compared with directly signing with a European powerhouse if the goal is to play in a top European league?
If it was YOUR son or daughter, which way would you choose?

The huge bonus is that you get a uni degree in the process.

My nephew has a tennis scholarship in the US and he gets amazing support for his education including all fees paid for, tutors and dispensations for his sport.

This will also big a huge attraction for our women’s academy players as the standard female standard is much higher than the make’s.

Hello Sailor

I'm not being critical of the association with the club, nor the benefit of a degree in the process. I'm just wondering how effective the detour is to a player who has the potential to play in a good European league. Go via the US or direct to Europe? Have many O/S youth players gone via the US college system to then play in quality European leagues?

marinermick

I'm not being critical of the association with the club, nor the benefit of a degree in the process. I'm just wondering how effective the detour is to a player who has the potential to play in a good European league. Go via the US or direct to Europe? Have many O/S youth players gone via the US college system to then play in quality European leagues?

They are not mutually exclusive. The gun player will still go to Europe first.

This association provides another pathway for players and another value proposition for players choosing what club to play for.

Stuartmcateer

I'm sure that US college football is a good standard, but that 'playing in Europe' is a goal for most. As Beni pointed out its not a good result if this means playing in the lower divisions of lower ranked nations there.

Does anyone know much about the US pathway and its successful development of youth compared with directly signing with a European powerhouse if the goal is to play in a top European league?
If it was YOUR son or daughter, which way would you choose?

Good option for the kids that are not top tier. Not everyone is going to get signed by an EPL team. Get an education and do it without a massive student debt.

The lad at Leeds - Harrison I think came through the US college system.

midfielder

In the article it says this.... anyone got a link for the highlighted bit...

""""Central Coast Mariners men’s academy first grade coach Abbas Saad is excited to see the club add another bow to the Academy’s string, providing opportunities for all members.

“This is an exciting new partnership that comes at a time when the Academy is entering an incredible period having had lots of player development success, including being rated the number one academy in Asia,” he said. """"

scottmac

Suspended
In the article it says this.... anyone got a link for the highlighted bit...

""""Central Coast Mariners men’s academy first grade coach Abbas Saad is excited to see the club add another bow to the Academy’s string, providing opportunities for all members.

“This is an exciting new partnership that comes at a time when the Academy is entering an incredible period having had lots of player development success, including being rated the number one academy in Asia,” he said. """"
I think you'll find that's #1 at providing academy prospects first team minutes. No one in Asia gets as many academy players into the first team as us and we are rated 17th in the world for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred