• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

BaysideMariner

Old Alou shirt is past the $1000 mark.

Anyone interested this is the link for the live auction on the pink jerseys.

Making my Wout Brama one seem cheap ???????

midfielder

Always knew of the site but never looked at it other than some key data...

Worth a glance especially the first link...

ulimateAleague has an amazing amount of stuff...

First the link to Mariners key data, then players, and then the link to Gosford Stadium...

Tevor

Mauks dive against against Newcastle and Boogards subsequent reaction clearly highlighted what a cheating arsehole Mauk is.Even the commentators questioned why he wasn`t marched as he already had a yellow.
I think it may just put him under the microscope now... :popcorn:
All too late now Style, the MRP had to be seriously questioned in my opinion after our game and their inaction and I see a young Victory player the other night cop a yellow for a dive but seems Adelaide the worst offenders are untouchable, Goodwin has also got on the wagon. If you have been a Socceroo it's your ticket to dive everywhere anytime without sanction. This just shows how bad this independent league is being run at the moment. Was meant to be moving forward and setting the game up for the future.

We currently have the group of Referees looking the worst they have for many years and now players are diving everywhere because they get away with it, the VAR is practically useless as it is so inconsistent in when it intervenes. We also have what appears to be some clubs clearly flouting the cap. All swept under the carpet, I feel there are many underlying issues not being dealt with and like Victory you can not wall paper over them forever. Our game against Adelaide was a real low point for the league and so many neutral supporters feel that way as well.

It's hard enough getting neutrals to watch football as is let alone not being ale to adequately explain why some of these on field decisions are being made when there is technology available. Understand all codes have these issues however I just feel it is going to get worst before hopefully it starts to improve. If I have to rate the Independent A league so far this season it would be a 2 out 10.

turbo

I see a young Victory player the other night cop a yellow for a dive but seems Adelaide the worst offenders are untouchable, Goodwin has also got on the wagon
It's no different to Kuol copping yellows for some rather harmless tackles. Refs always braver making an example of a non established player rather than having the guts to sanction the bigger name.

Although I will say Mauk will most likely get a yellow next time, has brought too much heat on himself. It's probably why the kid copped the yellow the next day.

Huddo

I just listened to the ABC podcast, :doh:why do I do it, Garby has MC as favorites to win the premiership, cornflakes will give us equal favoritism if we win tonight, just:doh:.

Allreet?

To be fair, MC is a perfectly valid call this far from the end of the season. They looked awesome the other night, although Victory are so crap they're hardly a benchmark.

Having said that, if there was a TAB handy I'd happily put a couple of hundred on us to do the double.

Huddo

To be fair, MC is a perfectly valid call this far from the end of the season. They looked awesome the other night, although Victory are so crap they're hardly a benchmark.

Having said that, if there was a TAB handy I'd happily put a couple of hundred on us to do the double.

True but if your 9 points behind, and have already lost to league leaders, I don't understand your an outright favoritism.

Last edited:

turbo

True but if your 9 points behind, and have already lost to league leaders, I don't understand you an outright favoritism.
I can understand it, their ceiling is probably higher than ours and very easy to watch. Of the better attacking teams they’re the most rounded IMO. But despite all that the battle is being as consistent as we have been, maybe they’re hitting their stride and will keep going, maybe not we’ll have to see how they handle catching up 2 more games and managing ACL.

Tevor

I can understand it, their ceiling is probably higher than ours and very easy to watch. Of the better attacking teams they’re the most rounded IMO. But despite all that the battle is being as consistent as we have been, maybe they’re hitting their stride and will keep going, maybe not we’ll have to see how they handle catching up 2 more games and managing ACL.
Nabbout has added a lot to City, they haven’t done enough yet to be favourites. As they said tonight. Victory are clearly the bottom, we are clearly the top and the rest are in a cat fight for the left overs.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I’m sure we’ve all heard of the Busby Babes and Fergies Fledgelings ...I’m thinking that Monty is the Eric Harrison ( MUFC Youth coach who raised the class of 92] the of the HAL ...so Nizzy, hatchy , Ballard, kouality, Dan hall etc , that makes them Montys Marvels or Montys Marauders or something

Melange

I just listened to the ABC podcast, :doh:why do I do it, Garby has MC as favorites to win the premiership, cornflakes will give us equal favoritism if we win tonight, just:doh:.

You inspired me to listen. Can the men's game get a commentator as good as Samantha Lewis please? Insiteful, informed, intelligent and articulate. Clearly well researched, a great listen!

Allreet?

Interesting that Perth have got so many GA.

But they do have the second most GF after us, so that's a concern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred