• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

jacobsfl

If you haven't already, give this a listen, you'll thoroughly enjoy it

sydmariner

Pirate Pete

A-League set to resume training in June
A-League teams could resume training in June before the competition aims to complete its season in a hub format by the end of August.
The league has been suspended since late March but Football Federation Australia (FFA) chief executive James Johnson has emphasised the desire to complete the remaining regular-season games, plus finals.
"We'd like the remaining part of the season to be finished by the end of August," Johnson told Fox Sports News.
"The players could be training as early as June as a team and then we've given ourselves that window between June and August to finish the season.

style_cafe

A-League set to resume training in June
A-League teams could resume training in June before the competition aims to complete its season in a hub format by the end of August.
The league has been suspended since late March but Football Federation Australia (FFA) chief executive James Johnson has emphasised the desire to complete the remaining regular-season games, plus finals.
"We'd like the remaining part of the season to be finished by the end of August," Johnson told Fox Sports News.
"The players could be training as early as June as a team and then we've given ourselves that window between June and August to finish the season.

As much as I want to see the Mariners play again, I just don`t want it to be part of this season.
We were last and had no chance of avoiding the spoon again.
Lets just let the season 2019-20 pass, so the history books can record the season as suspended due to CV and leave it at that...:popcorn:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

As much as I want to see the Mariners play again, I just don`t want it to be part of this season.
We were last and had no chance of avoiding the spoon again.
Lets just let the season 2019-20 pass, so the history books can record the season as suspended due to CV and leave it at that...:popcorn:
I'd rather see the season cancelled.
Thing is, returning is actually our only chance of avoiding the spoon (we won't, but in theory we could), whereas if we cancelled the rest then we're last, just with an * next to the results - but everybody will consider we had the spoon.
Returning is just farcical - the gap changes things. Fitness, injuries...psychology, not to mention the overall impact it has had on not allowing teams to start preparing for next season.

style_cafe

I'd rather see the season cancelled.
Thing is, returning is actually our only chance of avoiding the spoon (we won't, but in theory we could), whereas if we cancelled the rest then we're last, just with an * next to the results - but everybody will consider we had the spoon.
Returning is just farcical - the gap changes things. Fitness, injuries...psychology, not to mention the overall impact it has had on not allowing teams to start preparing for next season.
I`d rather let theory stay just that in this case.
Why put the fans through more pain?
Shaun and Anton tried but came up short,they will learn a lot from this without having the burden of history on their shoulders.
They definitely need to aim higher.
Milan and Ziggy were good but not great.
A lot of our cap was with Weemac and Matty but sadly time has passed on them.
Matty still has value to the team in terms of leadership and inspiration but do we have room in the coaching dept?
or could he maybe work with the team in training but in an unregistered player/coaching role that wouldn`t affect the cap?

Birras is such an important player now. Make him captain and build the team around him.
Give him Matty`s share of the cap to keep him and get him involved in the leadership group.
MC has to invest more for decent players.
We need a decent 9, another sub striker and a class centre back.
They are very basic needs at this stage....:popcorn:

turbo

or could he maybe work with the team in training but in an unregistered player/coaching role that wouldn`t affect the cap
The cap is pretty irrelevant for us, its ultimately a question of money spent and can you see benefit in moving funds that could go towards players towards non playing staff? I've got no issue with him being around the club but every dollar needs to be spent wisely now more than ever.

I dont think whether we finish it off or not makes much difference aside from potentially jeopardizing funding from fox and sponsors if we dont. Sydney have won it, we've spooned, only real question is the ACL spots (if it even happens) which maybe we have 2-5 play off for. Then again Nix cant go anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred