• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Marinators songs

S

soccersensei

Thanks Brett,
That's a very clear and I'm sure very accurate painting of the logistics and the hard reality, much appreciated. 
I think I'll try and get a recording down then after 1) I've confirmed Jimmydinho's suggestion hasn't already evolved into something else (can you confirm this) and 2) as the initiator that Jimmydinho is in favour of the idea. Once i have something then I'm thinking I can post it up here, see if there's enthusiasm from the regulars and look to go on with it from there.

Also can anyone tell me the Marinator pipers username if he's active online?

Best Wishes and thanks again for your response Brett

djebella

soccersensei,  just read your idea, absolutely LOVE IT!  I think the best way to go would be to just do it!  If you can get a recording available for us, all the better, but to get it going all we need is a few people with loud singing voices to sing it every home game and people will catch on and join in.

Jeff (LouMacari)

soccersensei, I can get it played over the pa in the kendall for you if you want. The bagpiper is Carl and he doesn't get on here. He works awkward shifts and doesn't make it to every game.

recording the songs we sing as well as the ones we want to get off the ground and playing them in the kendall is a great way to initiate new songs and beef up the energy before going into battle!

M

mariners_4_ever

hw about

win or lose sink or swim
yellow and blue are her to win
with a quick pass
shoot for goal
put it in the net
mckinnas mariners are the best

??????????????

midfielder

Mig
fish said:
The Village people have invaded the forum

Talking of the village people.

May have been suggested before, but to the tune of "You can't stop the Music"

You can't stop the Mariners
    Nobody can stop the Mariners
    Cause you can't stop the Mariners

dibo

soccersensei said:
Thanks Brett,
That's a very clear and I'm sure very accurate painting of the logistics and the hard reality, much appreciated.
I think I'll try and get a recording down then after 1) I've confirmed Jimmydinho's suggestion hasn't already evolved into something else (can you confirm this) and 2) as the initiator that Jimmydinho is in favour of the idea. Once i have something then I'm thinking I can post it up here, see if there's enthusiasm from the regulars and look to go on with it from there.

Also can anyone tell me the Marinator pipers username if he's active online?

Best Wishes and thanks again for your response Brett

you know something that would be really awesome would be if we could work out a system where we simply video the marinators for an entire match (i.e. set up a camera somewhere on a tripod and leave it to go for 2 hrs, not have some poor bugger having to stand there and go 'ooh, do i film now'... etc) and then maybe have someone make a couple of basic notes on when we sounded good to make it easier to go back through and clip out the good bits and crop the crap bits.

that way we could get a basic video record of some of our best stuff. if we did it over a few games then we'd have even more chance to get good stuff out of it, and away matches especially. but i'm not sure how we'd go about getting that done.

dibo

fish said:
The Village people have invaded the forum

The Grammar Cop's bringing the funk:
victorwillis.jpg

~Floss~

dibo said:
you know something that would be really awesome would be if we could work out a system where we simply video the marinators for an entire match (i.e. set up a camera somewhere on a tripod and leave it to go for 2 hrs, not have some poor bugger having to stand there and go 'ooh, do i film now'... etc) and then maybe have someone make a couple of basic notes on when we sounded good to make it easier to go back through and clip out the good bits and crop the crap bits.

that way we could get a basic video record of some of our best stuff. if we did it over a few games then we'd have even more chance to get good stuff out of it, and away matches especially. but i'm not sure how we'd go about getting that done.

That would probably be a good way to capture a few chants to post somewhere, too. Or even for Jeff's idea about a CD.

rosko

Surely it would only be a matter of approaching security and setting up a video cam behind the net on the pitch... Im sure they would allow you guys to set it up...

Jimmy

mariners_4_ever said:
hw about

win or lose sink or swim
with a quick pass
shoot for goal
put it in the net

??????????????

the whole essence of the original song is for a group to be united for one purpose.
the meaning gets lost in this version.

its like "you'll never walk alone"

Ted

I may be able to help out somehow, being a sound engineer and song writer....

Ted

Mighty Mariners

We love, our mighty Mariners,
The mighty Mariners will win the game.
We are, the mighty Mariners,
The best in the league, the rest are shamed.

We wear our yellow and blue with pride.
We are, the mighty Mariners,
If not in yellow, you're the losing side.

A united force from the Central Coast
We are, the mighty Mariners
And you're the team we hate the most.

Into the battle into the fray,
We are, the mighty Mariners.
We're here to win on grand final day.
-------------------------------------
Below is a link to a melody for the words above, use either or neither.
http://aeturnusdominion.com/mp3s/mighty-mariners.mp3

Sean

i really think we should pump Coldplay "Yellow" over the speakers before every game. during the gap when the teams have left the pitch after warmup and are about to enter the ground. Imagine walking out to thousands of supporters singing that!

~Floss~

Perm said:
i really think we should pump Coldplay "Yellow" over the speakers before every game. during the gap when the teams have left the pitch after warmup and are about to enter the ground. Imagine walking out to thousands of supporters singing that!

Yep, i've been thinking that for a while.

And/or could it could also be played after FT during the players' "lap".

I'm not a huge fan of that song, but in that setting i think it would work, especially if you imagine thousands joining in.

bjw

bjw
I too have been thinking about having Yellow by Coldplay as a Marinators chant..

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
You know, you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do

Cos you were all yellow
I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
And you know for you
I'd bleed myself dry for you
I'd bleed myself dry

It's true, look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for
Look how they shine

Look at the stars
And all the things that you do

S

soccersensei

Thanks Djebella and RobC sounds like good advice to me...
think your right that its the only liklihood that it will maybe get up is just to go for it.
To that end I've started speaking to some people I know as to getting a recording of a version together hopefully over the next week.
Jeff (Lou Macari) that's a great offer and much appreciated, when I have the recording down I will PM you in this regard.

S

soccersensei

Jimmydinho said:
mariners_4_ever said:
hw about

win or lose sink or swim
with a quick pass
shoot for goal
put it in the net

??????????????

the whole essence of the original song is for a group to be united for one purpose.
the meaning gets lost in this version.

its like "you'll never walk alone"

Roger that Jimmydinho and completely agree.
Mate out of courtesy as this was your brain child that I'm now trying to run with,
I just wanted to make sure your ok with the idea of me setting it to amazing grace -
al la celtic pipes style?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred