• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Manly v Cowboys

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The rules of SOO are a joke.  The players are basically choosing who they want to play for.

I remember a few years ago, when the Newcastle coach, forget who it was, coached the Qld side.

It was so bloody obvious that he was trying to keep the Qld players away from andy johns (lest the princess break a nail) that it wasn't funny - I think he was recovering from injury, and any other coach would've just said 'run straight at the prick, all bloody night'

Yep, state pride.  Totally on the line.  Uh huh. 

As for the Manly-Cowboys match, as the others have said - you've got a team that everybody in NSW hates (coasties moreso than anybody), versus a team that nobody in NSW cares about.

Even if it the crowd was 6500, that's probably not a bad one considering the 2 teams!

I used to go to NRL a bit, but since the HAL began, the number of league games I've been to I can count on one hand - there is no atmosphere at all....

But then again, when most matches these days seem to be played at Homebush, what do you expect?  Bloody ridiculous - it's nobody's home ground, which means you don't go around the ground seeing trophies or past team photos (like you do at, say, SCG).  There's no team colours that are a permanent fixture of the stadium - there's no sense of walking into your team's home when you go to the stadium.  It's an absolute farce having so many games there.  It completely kills the concept of community and local support that drove these teams to be big in the first place.

Furthermore, when you're going to get 10-20k to a match, in a stadium that holds 80k....well, of course the atmosphere there is going to be dead, moreso than anywhere else.  That, and the fact that the seats are so far away from the bloody field it isn't funny (which, again, adds more open space for the crowd noise to dissipate).

dru

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
There's no team colours that are a permanent fixture of the stadium - there's no sense of walking into your team's home when you go to the stadium.

Wonders if we can spend a weekend painting all the seats in Bluetongue Yellow.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
Then why call it State of Origin??   Why not call it "State of place where you played your first game".

F*cking NRL, have got no clue.  I'll be glad in 20 years when they're dead and buried.
The state where you sniffed your first bottom!!

Jolly_Roger

I here that if Australia gets the world cup, it would require other codes to have a mid season break to make way for it. Wouldnt that piss them all off.

Can you imagine how big the world cup would be if it came to town. The hype generated through the attention of the world being cast upon us would be huge.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I used to go to NRL a bit, but since the HAL began, the number of league games I've been to I can count on one hand - there is no atmosphere at all....

I with the Cap'n, I been a bit of an eels fan for a good long while, and since the Mariners showed up I havent been to an EELS game ....shit sometimes i cant be f****d watching 'em on the telly even.....I'm afraid Serious could be right on the money when he says that NRL will be a memory in 20 or so years.....

neverwozza

RECKY said:

I with the Cap'n, I been a bit of an eels fan for a good long while, and since the Mariners showed up I havent been to an EELS game ....shit sometimes i cant be f****d watching 'em on the telly even.....I'm afraid Serious could be right on the money when he says that NRL will be a memory in 20 or so years.....

I had to laugh at my mum at the Newcastle/Tigers game when she said the atmosphere was great. I don't think she believed me when I said there was more atmosphere at the Sydney/Mariners washout and they didn't even play a game.

I'm also struggling to watch rugby league these days. I got Foxtel on to watch the A-Leaugue and have kept the sport on for the NRL but I've barely even watched a free to air game. The game has changed a lot since a played it and I've had enough of just watching 100kg monsters running into each other. They bulk up so much that they lose a lot of their athleticism and the little nippy exciting players like Preston Campbell and Matt Bowen rarely get picked in rep sides and just get run over the top of by the big men. I think Chris Anderson even mentioned in an article a few years ago that the amount of time the players are putting in at the gym is hurting the game.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Yeh Wozza,

It most certainly isnt the same game I was watching from 1969 onwards....its become overuled to the point of insanity...HELL...i watched a game on my uncles satellite last year in the netherlands while on holidays...the rellies were asking me questions about rulings and I just had to shake me noggin and tell I had no idea why the ref did what he did...it used to be so simple ;(
now its just painful too mwatch ( and f***n expensive too)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred