• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Liverpool, Are they good enough to win the Premiership !!!!

Auburn Mariner

First, congrats to Liverpool FC on their win earlier this evening.

Now, to the vexing question; can the Scouse Gits win the EPL this year?

Wellll, Torres is absolutely world class, and already the most important striker in England to his team. Kuyt is alright, but there are surely better in the EPL. Keane, a dubious buy in my opinion, I reckon he is past his best.

Their squad can produce on any given day, but for them to win, the following has to happen:

1. Torres has to play OUT OF HIS MIND, and have a year comparable with Tom Brady's 2007 season with the New England Patriots. Honestly, he would need to score 45 goals in all competitions.
2. Don't laugh, but Liverpool would need to get knocked out of the European Cup & FA Cup, treat the League Cup contemptuously and PURELY focus on the EPL.
3. They must win CONSISTENTLY away. Wins at the bottom 10 teams, points at the Emirates, Old Trafford & Stamford. Beat the Toffees at BOTH Anfield & Goodison.
4. Manchester United, Chelsea & Arsenal need to go to the Elite Eight of the European Cup AT LEAST, with one or more of these teams making the FA Cup semis as well.
5. Spain qualify VERY early for Sud Effrika 2010.
6. Kuyt & Keane score 15+ each.
7. No ACL's or Broken Legs
8. Almost no red cards.

Jeez, it's hard to win the EPL.

Ted

Mariner Girl said:
Ted said:
Liverpool over Man U 2-1 good stuff
Hey Ted,
Enjoy your win, congrats *biting my lower lip*
Let's see if you are dancing in May when it really counts.

lol thanks, but I'm actually a Chelsea supporter!  :p

Damn that photo up there ^^^ is disturbing, looks liek the love child of Xena Princess Warrior and Jack Black.

Mariner Girl

Ted said:
Mariner Girl said:
Ted said:
Hey Ted,

Damn that photo up there ^^^ is disturbing, looks liek the love child of Xena Princess Warrior and Jack Black.
See YOU next week, then.
And yes - it is gives me nightmares everytime I look at it.

Ted

Mariner Girl said:
Ted said:
Mariner Girl said:
Ted said:
Hey Ted,

See YOU next week, then.
And yes - it is gives me nightmares everytime I look at it.

Yes we will and hopefully you have to bite your bottom lip again!  ;D

Mariner Girl

Won't have to worry about the botom lip thing next week, because the Mariners will beat the Tards first and I don't give a cr*p what happens after that.
We will all be in a delirious state of euphoria. :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

P.S. I lied - we are going to kick Chelsea's ar*se.  ;)

Paolo

Who cares about who wins the league....the real action is at the other end of the table.  :-\

Ted

Mariner Girl said:
Won't have to worry about the botom lip thing next week, because the Mariners will beat the Tards first and I don't give a cr*p what happens after that.
We will all be in a delirious state of euphoria. :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

P.S. I lied - we are going to kick Chelsea's ar*se.  ;)

Yeah hope we take the win over the tards, be bloody awesome.  :pirate:

However the last part of your post is wishful thinking  :p

FFC Mariner

Ah the top 4, how silly they sound. Faceless corporations that are the play things of dodgy billionaires and financiers. No soul anymore, just a brand with glory hunting consumers instead of fans.

Real football starts from 5th downwards.

dibo

oh come now - mohammed al fayed is hardly a paragon of all that is good and light himself, and he's the one who provided the sterling to get the cottagers from the third flight to the top flight.

it's not quite in the same league as abramovich, the glazers or gill and hicks, but it's hardly the stuff of fans' cooperatives and supporters' trusts, is it now?

serious14

The continued presence of Rafa Benitez and Dirk Kuyt will see to Liverpool not winning the league any time soon......

Meanwhile, my main concern with Man U this season is the loss of Carlos Queiroz - I think we're going to miss him more than we realise at the moment (note the ridiculous deployment of Rooney on the right wing yesterday). 

Kareem

Mariner Girl said:
No!
MeniB is trying to win friends - FAIL!!
uhh...I actually think he is deluded enough (no offence MeniB) to think liverpool can win it. He seems to think Liverpool are the best team in England :S- but u goota love his passion
anyway he is definately not tryin to win people over

ryan

Liverpool are most certainly the greatest club in England but consistency has been our problem for a long time. The lads made Man Utd look very ordinary the other night but they have to perform at that level every game to be a chance of winning anything. Can they do it - I'd like to think so but it's still a very long way to go.

ChaseTheSun said:
Yes, Liverpool can win it. There equal top I know it's early but every point counts. Everyone who is writing them off this early knows nothing and they are just going by the past few years. How can you say no to a team consisting of Gerrard, Torres, Cara... Id say if they dont win it they will go very very close.

told you, you gypos

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
oh come now - mohammed al fayed is hardly a paragon of all that is good and light himself, and he's the one who provided the sterling to get the cottagers from the third flight to the top flight.

it's not quite in the same league as abramovich, the glazers or gill and hicks, but it's hardly the stuff of fans' cooperatives and supporters' trusts, is it now?

What?? MAF, the peoples friend??

He hates the Royal Family and they wont give him a passport because he is "dusky". Bankrupted a Tory MP for libel too.

The rumoured arms thing is just hear say :)

dibo

ChaseTheSun said:
ChaseTheSun said:
Yes, Liverpool can win it. There equal top I know it's early but every point counts. Everyone who is writing them off this early knows nothing and they are just going by the past few years. How can you say no to a team consisting of Gerrard, Torres, Cara... Id say if they dont win it they will go very very close.

told you, you gypos

talk to us in 34 weeks, you toothless bogan.  ;D

Kareem

RADINHO said:
Liverpool have had an impressive start but i favor Chelsea this year.
+1
but u r a chelsea fan so your opinion is invalid :p
I hate chelsea- but man they are a new team. They could even reach the promised land- CL victory!

serious14

keensy said:
Who cares about who wins the league....the real action is at the other end of the table.  :-\

2e1ge4p.jpg

Just gets funnier and funnier.......... 2-1 loss at home to Villa.  20th place and relegation awaits.  :p    When does this pack of clowns play Newcastle??  What a match that will be.

:popcorn: :tv:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred