• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Last season match - CCM vs Homeless Compass Point United

Wombat

Imo, Hall was very mature as well as being dynamic for the whole game.
Millar was his usual shite as a full back - no idea what to do with a ball. Putting him there wastes every forward opportunity on the right. I lost count of how many times he lost he ball.
Millar is a CB. He's good for muscling out opponenets and hoofing the ball south (change direction at half time Mills...).
Disagree. Miller had an excellent game and put in a better shift than Nigro usually does.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

WHat did you guys think of Reec?

Liked what I saw. Was a good time to give him a run really - no real pressure on him. Keen to see more.

Really I thought Kuol almost lost every ball he was given.
He didn’t shield or use his body in 80% of plays he was involved in.
tbf, that statement and my assessment that he was 10 times better than the Jest game aren't mutually exclusive :)

PatientMariner

Great win, but we were holding on for long periods of the second half and against a better team we would have conceded 2 or 3.

My 2 cents
- We turn the ball over way too often, particularly in the middle of the park, we did it against the Jets and it cost us 2 goals. Just hold the ball!
- Why do our strikers always try to shoot near post! Bouman especially! The one shot we hit across the face of goal (Reec) ends up being harder to save and leads to a goal.

Very proud of the team for making it to the finals, a massive achievement. Now lets fire up again and reek havoc by knocking out Macarthur, Smurfs and $ity and bring home the toilet seat! ????

pjennings

Millar was his usual shite as a full back - no idea what to do with a ball. Putting him there wastes every forward opportunity on the right. I lost count of how many times he lost he ball.
Millar is a CB. He's good for muscling out opponenets and hoofing the ball south (change direction at half time Mills...).
I actually think Miller at RB was a smart move to help Hall settle in with someone who he is used to playing with. TBH when he partnered Hall in the middle I was much more worried as he seemed to be perpetually out wide

booney

Great win, but we were holding on for long periods of the second half and against a better team we would have conceded 2 or 3.

My 2 cents
- We turn the ball over way too often, particularly in the middle of the park, we did it against the Jets and it cost us 2 goals. Just hold the ball!
- Why do our strikers always try to shoot near post! Bouman especially! The one shot we hit across the face of goal (Reec) ends up being harder to save and leads to a goal.

Very proud of the team for making it to the finals, a massive achievement. Now lets fire up again and reek havoc by knocking out Macarthur, Smurfs and $ity and bring home the toilet seat! ????

My 2 cents

Agree.The midfield turnovers in the second half were worrying and against any of the other finals teams would have led to goals.The only positive from that that our defence was resolute under sustained pressure from WU. Having to play without the ball is an important skill for a team to possess.

TBF to Bouman he at least was attacking the defenders but he sometimes is hesitant when shooting and takes the easier option of going to the near post.

Ancient Mariner

I can understand the desire to turn Miller into a fullback. He has pace and seems to be very excitable. Centre backs need to be cool, calm and collected. Fullback is an extremely difficult position to fill.
Essentials:
Pace
Quality defender
Tri-athlete level stamina
Ability to cross
Ability to shoot
and postgraduate qualifications in mathematics.

Good ones are rare.

bikinigirl

. A! ... now you are obviously not a fan, but ... ER ... that spelling is just taking things too far, surely

Michael

Just quietly I’d be starting Miller over Nigro in the semi. He’s been unbelievable recently. No slight on Stefan as he’s been so solid all season. Looking burnt out and Lewis is so much better going forward which gives a whole new dimension.

and did anyone else forget that ruon’s away after Dan Hall’s performance? WHAT A PLAYER.

scottmac

Suspended

My 2 cents

I reckon it will be the winner of Adelaide and Roar in the final.

Ironbark

I could see him, maybe, as a DM too. But we have plenty of those

true believer

He looked seriously concussed and from that collision could also have suffered neck damage. Why he wasn't taken off on a stretcher and in a neck brace until the extent of his injury fully determined shows massive incompetence on the part of Western United medical staff.
yes ,we said as much .looked like he should have gone straight to gosford hospital

JackMariner

Was just dloading some funny EPL and international stuff and came across this little pearler, pretty well sums up gone and forgotten Muscat. Just like the old derros that drink from an old brown paper bag!!! I wonder what this great contributor to the game is doing now, you know actually, I don't give flying you know what!

Forum Phoenix

Was just dloading some funny EPL and international stuff and came across this little pearler, pretty well sums up gone and forgotten Muscat. Just like the old derros that drink from an old brown paper bag!!! I wonder what this great contributor to the game is doing now, you know actually, I don't give flying you know what!
Despised by most... and yet of course Fox used to fap all over him. Disgrace to the game.

Insertnamehere

Having seen that match, I think its clear many of our positions have solid backups if guys leave.

Niz -> Oli
Hall + Miller -> RT + Kye
Reec -> Alou
Casella + Hatch -> Janota + DDS, not like for like sure. But go forward players. DDS' trickery and game IQ will be hard to replace. And maybe Jantoa stays to take that on.

But, Wutd let us play whereas jest didn't. Teams will squeeze us with either the high press or the parked bus. We haven't really shown a plan B for those situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami