• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kwasnik to Phoenix???

Ted

Deej said:
_-=DTF=-_ said:
kwa$$ie did it for hi$ own rea$ons

LOL not the only reason, who here wouldn't change jobs for some more money?

Most would I guess, but if a verbal and/or handshook deal was made prior then it would make that person not very honourable wouldn't it?

Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman said yesterday "the change might freshen him up and improve his football".

Deej

MarinaTed said:
Deej said:
_-=DTF=-_ said:
kwa$$ie did it for hi$ own rea$ons

LOL not the only reason, who here wouldn't change jobs for some more money?

Most would I guess, but if a verbal and/or handshook deal was made prior then it would make that person not very honourable wouldn't it?

Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman said yesterday "the change might freshen him up and improve his football".

Let's hope Mr Gorman is right and Kwas does improve himself, isn't it every sportsmans aim to continually improve themselves?

What happened between the club and player is between them, we'll never know the full story! 

Jeff (LouMacari)

I'm not saying I know what happened, but what if the 'handshake deal' was done with the proviso that a firm contract be drawn up straight away to seal the deal and then weeks and weeks go by with the promised contract not appearing and then low and behold, new players are being signed, McAndrew is released, then Trott and still nothing. Phoenix then come along with more money and a firm contract?

I know what I would do. ;)

Deej

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
I'm not saying I know what happened, but what if the 'handshake deal' was done with the proviso that a firm contract be drawn up straight away to seal the deal and then weeks and weeks go by with the promised contract not appearing and then low and behold, new players are being signed, McAndrew is released, then Trott and still nothing. Phoenix then come along with more money and a firm contract?

I know what I would do. ;)

Deej said:
midfielder said:
Read on YF forum, he had the right to an extra year on his contract given the number of games he played in Hal 3, but it was his choice. Nix offered heaps more by a long way than the Mariners and he signed yesterday as said earlier in the forum.

There's more to it than just more money being offered, it was poor management by the club

jaypee

Sorry guys but my understanding was he was offered double what we offered and if you had an idea of what he was on here you would understand why he moved. From what my sources tell me what he was on with us was very much near the minimum amount....

Bear

jaypee said:
Sorry guys but my understanding was he was offered double what we offered and if you had an idea of what he was on here you would understand why he moved. From what my sources tell me what he was on with us was very much near the minimum amount....

Your sources are wrong. Sorry

jaypee

Bearinator said:
jaypee said:

Your sources are wrong. Sorry

Hmmm - maybe, maybe not.  But lets be honest - if you were offered double what you get now would you take it?

Considering the time that these guys have as "Professional Footballers" is limited who can blame him?

Bear

I would go if offered double, yeah probably. Kwas was not offered anywhere near double tho.

Alicia

Maybe when they say double, it's not double the entire wage, just the difference between his original wage and the increased wage??

Dunno, just guessing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred