• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kwasnik to Phoenix???

Hi Guys,

Hearing a lot of buzz, especially on the Yellow Fever site that Adam Kwasnik may be on his way to the Phoenix. Has anyone heard anything like this? I'm really not convinced, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kwasnik goes seeing as he probably won't start with Elrich and Caceras coming on board (apologies for spelling).

Interesting...

dibo

lots of talk over the ditch about it, with mixed reactions.

personally, i think if we lost kwasnik there'd be a tonne of people saying 'meh, he was never that good', and then eating their words as he sparks up with half a dozen goals elsewhere.

he's got a clumsy look about him, and can make some downright funny errors sometimes, but when you're looking at an attacking player you look at the threat he provides and with 12 goals in the last two seasons kwasnik is above most of the league.

Andy

Could this be the player the people on the SFCU were talking about going o/s??

Heard some things about this a couple of weeks back but thought nothing of it. I think he has a better chance of getting a spot on our wings than Wellingotn's, who would presumably have Bertos and Daniel as their starting wingers next season.

People used to ride him pretty hard (at times I was one of those people), but I would be really sad to see him leave. Any money if he does leave, he will rip it up...

Apparently given the formation Wellington has been trailing, kwassie would play of Smeltz's shoulder in a 4-4-1-1.

graaant

dibo said:
lots of talk over the ditch about it, with mixed reactions.

personally, i think if we lost kwasnik there'd be a tonne of people saying 'meh, he was never that good', and then eating their words as he sparks up with half a dozen goals elsewhere.

he's got a clumsy look about him, and can make some downright funny errors sometimes, but when you're looking at an attacking player you look at the threat he provides and with 12 goals in the last two seasons kwasnik is above most of the league.

I definitely agree here. Whilst I've been on the anti-Kwas bandwagon.
He's unpredictable (Even to himself) and that can lead to some impressive shit.

I still remember last season, he fell over, kept the ball in his feet and rolled over his head and ran off, did anyone else see this!?
Got skills, just needs better decision making.

finally retired

Rawmarinator said:
People used to ride him pretty hard (at times I was one of those people), but I would be really sad to see him leave. Any money if he does leave, he will rip it up...

Apparently given the formation Wellington has been trailing, kwassie would play of Smeltz's shoulder in a 4-4-1-1.
Nix fans generally saying he'd only be a bench player at best and as cover for Smeltz..... definitely 50/50 over who thinks it would be good and those who don't....

marinermick

sad loss for us

scored some crucial goals at crucial times for us

we are starting to look at a vastly different team for this season

with a new attacking midfielder we could well see a big overhaul of our midfield and attack

dylan - nik/saso
caceras/hutch - new attacking mid/porter/hutchy - mile - ahmad/carceras
heff - boogs - wilko - ossie
JVS

compare that to the starting line up of the grand final

Andy

dibo said:
does welly count as overseas?

and caceres and elrich vs daniel and bertos?

They didn't actually say overseas. They said "abroad" and leave Australia.

Bex

Rawmarinator said:
People used to ride him pretty hard (at times I was one of those people),.....

No wonder he has that slightly hunched look :)

Yes, I'll be sad to see him go. He has made the difference in a few matches, even if he has looked a little ungainly at times.

Arabmariner

This is a wierd one ......how do you explain one part of you being all sentimental and remembering some of the cracking goals he's scored for us...... :thumbup:........while the other part remembers the huge amount of times you've uttered the words "for f**ks sake Kwassie"! :-\

FFC Mariner

Arabmariner said:
This is a wierd one ......how do you explain one part of you being all sentimental and remembering some of the cracking goals he's scored for us...... :thumbup:........while the other part remembers the huge amount of times you've uttered the words "for f**ks sake Kwassie"! :-\

Sorta like being married??

finally retired

Greenpoleffc said:
Arabmariner said:
Sorta like being married??
:goodpost:
not "sorta".....its EXACTLY like being married

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred