• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Kwasnik to Phoenix???

marinerbhoy

marinermick said:
marinerbhoy said:
i cant believe the petty little pissing contests on this forum. or maybe i can

yeah, a bit like the ones you get involved on the sydney forum

haha if you say so. i havnt really posted anything bout football on that forum for a little while so dont know what your talking about there.

jaypee

marinerbhoy said:
marinermick said:
marinerbhoy said:
i cant believe the petty little pissing contests on this forum. or maybe i can

yeah, a bit like the ones you get involved on the sydney forum

haha if you say so. i havnt really posted anything bout football on that forum for a little while so dont know what your talking about there.

Hardly a pissing contest - I'm just glad my sources are correct - They have told me a number of things and they have been correct so far. More a relief than anything (and yes I know the word relief and pissing often go together)

Andy

thomas477 said:
yet still cant beat a Jets team without griffo, covic dura etc

If you think that was the top Mariners squad than that is probably the dumbest thing you've said on here.

grecquemariner

Yeah seriously Thomas did you see the line up? We have the better D'Apuzzo anyway. I cant wait for the sack wackers who cant make the Socceroos squad to meet a full force Mariners line up.

Bex

hehehe, Thomas is cut down.  :piralaugh:

The Jest have so little idea they're trying to copy us by running Beaton. And they can't even lure Gumps away from us even after we've released him.

:piralaugh: :piralaugh:

Alicia

New goals ahead for Kwasnik
By FRED WOODCOCK - The Dominion Post | Saturday, 12 July 2008

Few players terrorised the Wellington Phoenix's often-exposed defence more than Adam Kwasnik in last season's A-League.

With three goals from four matches (including the Pre-Season Cup), the former Central Coast Mariners striker ran rings around the Phoenix's right-sided defence.

But the 25-year-old, the leading goalscorer during his three seasons with the Mariners, is looking forward to netting for, not against, the Phoenix, starting next weekend when his new team hosts his old team in the Pre-Season Cup opener at Westpac Stadium.

"I liked playing against them but I think I'm going to love playing with them as well," Kwasnik said during his first full week training with the Phoenix.

"I just want to put my head down, work hard, and hopefully the goals will come for the Phoenix, not against them."

And he has already caused a stir at the club, with his training "superstition" of having one sock up and one sock down raising a few eyebrows. "It's just something that I've done since I was a young boy and I continued doing it. But I'm not allowed to do it in games, I'm a bit gutted about that."

Kwasnik's signing filled the void left when the Phoenix's chase for English-based Australian striker Joel Porter halted.

He admits it was a difficult decision to leave the A-League minor premiers for last year's wooden-spooners.

Kwasnik says he needed a fresh start and based his decision around advice from his family and what he thought was the best move for his career.

"I've been with the Mariners for three years so it was a tough decision.

"But I had my family as well and they said I need a fresh start if I want to get ahead in my career, and I think the Phoenix was the right decision. I want to prove that to everyone."

He wasn't convinced the Mariners really wanted him, either.

"They've got a business to run, I understand that, and I've got a career to attend to. I'm just looking at my best options and this was the right one for me. I felt they [Phoenix] really needed me and I felt really welcome, and I'd never had that before, so I really appreciate it."

He has found the setup in Wellington "very professional", so much so he's concerned he might not be up with the pace in terms of fitness, despite having trained all pre-season with the Mariners. Fitness trainer Ed Baranowski "has the boys flying".

"I'm a little bit behind. They've been working hard and I want to get up to par with them."

Kwasnik, who is a versatile striker, wouldn't offer his preferred position and was yet to discover where he fitted into coach Ricki Herbert's immediate plan.

He'll likely get match time against a Mainland selection in Christchurch tomorrow, though, and is eager to press for a starting spot against the Mariners next Sunday.

"I'd love to play, I'd love to start, we'll just have to wait and see. I just want to prove to everyone that it was the right move."

Meanwhile, Herbert said tomorrow's match at QEII Park would go a long way to deciding who would start against the Mariners.

"By the end of Sunday's game I will have formulated some decisions. This game is about casting the net a bit wider, given a couple of players are unavailable."

Left back Tony Lochhead is at a wedding this weekend while midfielder Michael Ferrante has a minor leg injury.

Herbert will name his club captain early next week, with Australian defenders Andrew Durante and Jon McKain thought to be the leading contenders.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4615974a1823.html

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred