• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Juventus V Melbourne Victory (updated thread with squad named page 2)

RADINHO

Jesus said:
RADINHO said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
Melb said they need to sell more tickets to break even than there are seats at bluey

this is the case for every home game they play at telstra dome

Any idea how much comparatively it costs them to hold a game, to us?
I cant see games played at bluey. Though a well timed saturday night game in sydney could still draw the mariners a big crowd and some cash. If they want to play at homebush, they should organise one of these matches there.

my friend in melbourne said they need to average 28000 to break even at the dome

merrick predicted a sell out

Juve will sell out the dome for sure

for some reason i dont think this will be a sell out coz they do not have beckham and for some reason where there is beckham is sucess only this game wont take up regular news space like the beckham game did only football fans will go to this game and when have juve been in the limelight of the media lately... um they are not in champions league this season they have not won any domestic titles besides serie B! but like about 2 years ago they were centre of attention for match rigging!

Bear

They are 1 of the biggest teams on earth, with over half of their players representing their country. It will be a sellout, or very close to it

serious14

Radinho - dude, it's Juventus.  UUUUUUUU-VEEEEEEEN-TTTUUUUUUUUS.  Do you have any idea just how popular they are??  I mean, I'm flying down for this.  This is no way involves the Mariners in any way, shape, or form, yet I'm still flying down for it, because it's Juventus (and the slight off chance that God himself, Alessandro Del Piero will play).

And then there's that whole, y'know, a whole stack of Italians live in Melbourne.  But hey, whatever.

Kareem

RADINHO said:
Jesus said:
RADINHO said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
Melb said they need to sell more tickets to break even than there are seats at bluey

I cant see games played at bluey. Though a well timed saturday night game in sydney could still draw the mariners a big crowd and some cash. If they want to play at homebush, they should organise one of these matches there.

my friend in melbourne said they need to average 28000 to break even at the dome

for some reason i dont think this will be a sell out coz they do not have beckham and for some reason where there is beckham is sucess only this game wont take up regular news space like the beckham game did only football fans will go to this game and when have juve been in the limelight of the media lately... um they are not in champions league this season they have not won any domestic titles besides serie B! but like about 2 years ago they were centre of attention for match rigging!
hmmm...i think it will sell out- strategically placed in Melbourne (heaps of Italians) + they would appreciate Italian football more than NSW (i dunno why I just get the feeling...maybe coz I hate Juventus and I live in NSW lol)
I am going for MV!
I really dont like CHEATS!!! Oh how hard a choice if it was Juventus vs SCUM (i think one situation I would go for JUV)
Oh and predict a fair few Bosnians going (Sali....ex Bayern player)- couple of hundred at least

Kareem

NOTE: I have just read on Jets website that they are negotiating with Juventus to play them!
Go JUVENTUS (words I thought I would never say lol)

On a side note...
The Newcastle Jets are in discussions with a handful of world-class clubs during the current off season, in order to mount a serious title defence in Season 2008/2009.

No offence to JETS (for once, lol) but it isnt that hard to defend ur title if u
a) make top 4
b) have a couple of good weeks in February 2009
It sounds really stupid IMO (noone was sayin Chelsea preparing this season to defend FA cup...more like win the league)

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
RADINHO said:
Jesus said:
RADINHO said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:

hmmm...i think it will sell out- strategically placed in Melbourne (heaps of Italians) + they would appreciate Italian football more than NSW (i dunno why I just get the feeling...maybe coz I hate Juventus and I live in NSW lol)
I am going for MV!
I really dont like CHEATS!!! Oh how hard a choice if it was Juventus vs SCUM (i think one situation I would go for JUV)
Oh and predict a fair few Bosnians going (Sali....ex Bayern player)- couple of hundred at least

Italians will go and see it in droves. It is a shame a fair amount of the squad will be at euro at the time, but still a top class team.

marinermick

Jesus said:
Kareem said:
RADINHO said:
Jesus said:
RADINHO said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:

I am going for MV!

Italians will go and see it in droves. It is a shame a fair amount of the squad will be at euro at the time, but still a top class team.

i have also been told that the major afl game is in adelaide that night so there will be no competition

RADINHO

Jesus said:
Kareem said:
RADINHO said:
Jesus said:
RADINHO said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:

I am going for MV!

lol being Melbourne they should play olympiakos or AEK Athens they could sell the MCG with greek team

RADINHO

serious14 said:
Not to mention freakin' MOMO!!!!

MOMO farkin'!!!!

Momo Sissoko

lol after he was sold there are no more africans left at anfield and are the only team with no Africans in the premiership

Jesus

Jesus
RADINHO said:
Jesus said:
Kareem said:
RADINHO said:
Jesus said:
RADINHO said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:

I am going for MV!

lol being Melbourne they should play olympiakos or AEK Athens they could sell the MCG with greek team

They are liekly going to play a greek team to open the new olympic park stadium

Aden

RADINHO said:
serious14 said:

MOMO farkin'!!!!

Momo Sissoko

lol after he was sold there are no more africans left at anfield and are the only team with no Africans in the premiership

MANCHESTER UNITED

RADINHO

Aden said:
RADINHO said:
serious14 said:

MOMO farkin'!!!!

Momo Sissoko

MANCHESTER UNITED

Im sure they have 1

And Nani was representing the cape verde islands until portugal pounced

fedelta

Mateus Alberto Contreiras Gonalves (born 7 March 1983 in Luanda), better known as Manucho, is an Angolan association footballer. He moved from Petro Atletico, to Manchester United in January 2008. Before playing a game for United, however, he was loaned out to Greek side Panathinaikos for the remainder of the 2007-08 season. He is also a member of the Angolan national team.

RADINHO

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/trezeguet-headlines-juve-squad-119137/

Juventus are set to field a team of international stars for their encounter with Melbourne Victory on Friday 30 May at the Telstra Dome.
Less than 6500 tickets remain for the blockbuster match, which is expected to see Juventus players David Trezeguet, Tiago Mendes, Hasan Salihamidzic and Alessandro Birindelli all line up for the Turin club.

Aussie goalkeeper Jess Vanstrattan is part of the travelling party and he may have some role in next Friday's match, with number one keeper Gianluigi Buffon involved in Euro 2008 preparations with the Italian national team.

Juventus who will play in next season's edition of the UEFA Champions League after finishing third in Serie A, will give both Victory and Juve fans a chance to see them train at Princes Park on Tuesday, then at the Telstra Dome on the eve of the game.

Juve lost to Hong Kong outfit South China on Thursday with defender Jonathon Zebina netting the solitary goal for the travelling side.

"I think it was a good performance," said Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri.

It was a good match for both teams. We tried until the end of the match to draw, but well done to South China."

"The important thing is that there were no injuries."

Juventus will now play games against Shanghai Shenhua and against now relegated Serie A side Parma on Saturday before arriving in Melbourne on Tuesday morning.

Juventus squad to play Melbourne Victory: Alessandro Birindelli, Tiago Cardoso Mendes, Luca Castelli, Gianmarco Fiori, Nicola Legrottaglie, Marco Marchionni, Cristian Molinaro, Cristiano Novembre, Raffaele Palladino, Michele Paolucci, Cristian Pasquato, Andrea Rossi, Hasan Salihamidzic, Guglielmo Stendardo, David Trezeguet, Jess Vanstrattan, Carlo Vecchione, Cristiano Zanetti, Jonathan Zebina.

Sym

Oh cool Tiago is playing I became a fan of Him during His chelsea time, should be an awesome game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred