• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Johny and his hair?

swarey

Has anyone seen the picture of Aloi$i plastered on the floor in Woolworths at Bay Village?  I got some pretty strange looks while jumping up & down on it!!!!  :vhappy:

Aloiifloor.jpg

Aloiifloor1.jpg

fedelta

Jaza_SFC said:
Shock horror! Football star appears in advertisement for product for additional money.

If it was Hutchinson you'd be bleating about how good it was he was earning additional income and how it was giving your club extra promotion.

The parochialism is expected - the idiocy can still be astounding.

It's funny how a couple of months ago you probably would have hated the bloke and when a few people laugh at an ad for dandruff involving him you step in and get all protective.

loyalist

swarey said:
Has anyone seen the picture of Aloi$i plastered on the floor in Woolworths at Bay Village?  I got some pretty strange looks while jumping up & down on it!!!!  :vhappy:

Aloiifloor.jpg

Aloiifloor1.jpg
spit on it or burn it

Jesus

Jesus
Jaza_SFC said:
Shock horror! Football star appears in advertisement for product for additional money.

If it was Hutchinson you'd be bleating about how good it was he was earning additional income and how it was giving your club extra promotion.

Agree entirely here. I think people are missing the big picture.

How many australia footballers at home have been the basis for such a scale corprate promotion?

Funny stuff yes, but ultimately, a good sign as to the growing stature of the game in australia

Mariner Girl

I agree - we should be rapped that an A-League/Socceroo player is actually doing adverts on TV instead of other football codes. Come a look way, I reckon  :tv:

Jorome Alexander Bennett

This is good and we need more of it.
The Galaxy Sydney match was enjoyed by the general public because there was a player they knew and could follow.
I don't enjoy watching the Bundesliga because I know nothing about it. Only know a handful of players. I can't get excited about anything because I don't follow anyone.
People tune in and can follow the hot guy from the head and shoulders ad. They will enjoy the match more.
Of course I haven't seen the ad, but even a shitty Lowes ad boosts the celebrity of the players and thus the game.
The people I know over here like football, they support the Qantas Socceroos but also want to support the local football, but there isn't enough exposure. The game resides in the dark corners of Foxtel. Foxtel have been tremendous for the A-league so far, but to move forward we need national saturation of the game we all love. In the hands of a FTA network we would get this saturaion. Innane things like battle of the codes on Sale of the Century, in fact help. Any publicity is good publicity. Including funny, perhaps sellout (but i don't think so) Head and Shoulders ads. The ad is good for John's account and good for the game.

TerrigalUtd

swarey said:
Has anyone seen the picture of Aloi$i plastered on the floor in Woolworths at Bay Village?  I got some pretty strange looks while jumping up & down on it!!!!   :vhappy:

Aloiifloor.jpg

Aloiifloor1.jpg

spit on it or burn it

or both

grecquemariner

thomas477 said:
Aloi$i IS A RETARD

Thats the intellegent post i have come to expect from a Newcastle supporter.
On a lighter note seriously no body has to annalyse this. It is a funny add, possible a funny banner and all in all probably good for the game in this country and definatly good for his pocket. I do debate one thing tho, If one of our players were in the same add i would be giving them just as much shit about it. Its a cheesy add and makes him look like a prat. I would hope our players would at least endorse a decent product and add for example those insurance adds.

marinermick

centralcoastyouth said:
swarey said:
Has anyone seen the picture of Aloi$i plastered on the floor in Woolworths at Bay Village?  I got some pretty strange looks while jumping up & down on it!!!!   :vhappy:

Aloiifloor.jpg

Aloiifloor1.jpg
spit on it or burn it

let it be

it is in bay village and will probably be vandalised soon

would be nice if someone could draw the $ sign over the s though

Andy

Jaza_SFC said:

And if it was Hutchinson, I would expect similar comments about him being a tosser from your mob as well.

Sean

John Aloisi; Royalties not loyalties.

Yes! the idiocy is astounding! changing from chanting "what a waste of money" to wanting to suck the mans dandruff infested member.

brett

Perm said:
John Aloi$i; Royalties not loyalties.

Yes! the idiocy is astounding! changing from chanting "what a waste of money" to wanting to suck the mans dandruff infested member.

...while 'wasting' a lot more money on him than what we were.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred