• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

It is Tuesday yet? CCM V Scum

turbo

Janota and Casella are both wide players.
I see it with Casella (though not necessarily at a starter level to influence formation), not so sure about Janota. Might not be compatible with the system, insufficient work rate or just a dud/too rusty. I don’t know how we get the most out of him in our current setup, then again we probably won’t at all.

The crux of my argument is we played a 4-2-2-2 last year and I don’t see the starting players we recruited as ones intended to move us away from that. They look like players picked up to fit that system.

turbo

The Scum are still unlikely to miss the spoon.

They didn't even get to enjoy it for 24 hours :piralaugh:
And if they do they hand it to Victory so it’s fine either way.

So if we and Roar both win we will both host finals
Unless Macarthur win by 2 more than we do. We have the advantage of playing the last game that affects finals standings so we should know exactly what needs to be done to land in an optimal position. Biggest danger with that is if we try to play it too safe and invite too much pressure but at least we’re locked in no matter what. SOOOOOOOOOOOO keen for a home final though, I reckon the coast will get behind that.

Huddo

Fkin awesome! Does 3rd get a home game? Looks likely we'll play roar.... curse has gotta end sometime....
If the ladder remains the same, we'd only face Brissie in the GF if we were the 2 to progress that far.
In terms of being 4th or 3rd, there are positives to both, just need that last win.

Big Al

If the ladder remains the same, we'd only face Brissie in the GF if we were the 2 to progress that far.
In terms of being 4th or 3rd, there are positives to both, just need that last win.
4th is much preferred

3rd could get the nix followed by SFC

with Melbourne missing a few SFC would have to be favorite now they ALF and Bobo

Tevor

4th is much preferred

3rd could get the nix followed by SFC

with Melbourne missing a few SFC would have to be favorite now they ALF and Bobo
Don’t forget SFC is missing a lot of the back line and their No 1 keeper. They will need Alf and Bobo to score heaps as they will probably leak goals. Their game against the Roar will see how good their makeshift back line is as the Roar are pretty lethal.

LFCMariners

Yeah but sadly, I see our cup semi and raise you our head to head record.
The Roar have qualified for 12 of the 16 finals series. They are a team with a bigger budget and in the early 2010's when CCM had a resourceful side capable of winning silverware under Arnie, they had a team managed by Ange who could score from anywhere at anytime. The H2H record only took a dive after 2015, which coincides with CCM becoming rubbish.

Brisbane are a good team, but (provided CCM have near their best available line-up and turn up switched on and ready to take the game to them) I fancy our chances should we go toe to toe with them in the finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami