• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Kaka Worth It???

FFC Mariner

Arabmariner said:
Football at the top level has gone mad.

Nobody on this earth is worth that sort of money for kicking a ball.

IMO Murdoch should burn in hell for what he's done to football.

and Hillsborough..........

tuftman

Azza-Matazz said:
i reckon man city got it right you could find 5 great premier league players for what they were gunna give kaka!

They could do no worse then perhaps get David Villa and/or David Silva for the 120 million or whatever it ended up being. Valencia are short on money these days, and perhaps offering the 120mill for the both of them could be just as good a piece of business

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
Arabmariner said:

Well that's another story and another thread GP...............

tuftman

The latest rumours have Kaka going to Real Madrid..again. I wonder if the bid will be in the hundreds of millions again

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Arabmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:
Arabmariner said:

Being young and ill informed, I am unclear on how Murdoch affected the game, with reference to inflated fees. Clarification, please?

Arabmariner

Jorome Alexander Bennett said:
Arabmariner said:
FFC Mariner said:
Arabmariner said:

Being young and ill informed, I am unclear on how Murdoch affected the game, with reference to inflated fees. Clarification, please?
Let's just say that as a result of Murdochs money and greedy club chairmen the game in England and to a lesser extent Scotland has become unaffordable to the ordinary working punter.
It's now the domain of the middle classes.

There is no chance of anyone outwith the top 3 or 4 teams winning the epl and the gulf between them and the rest just gets bigger and bigger.

The days of clubs like Brian Cloughs unfashionable Derby and Nottingham Forest sides winning the league and in Forests case the European Cup are long gone.Even the great Liverpool teams of the 70's and 80's were mostly reared by the club and the players they bought hardly broke the bank balance.

Now the wealthy clubs just go out and buy the best players.Youth policy at Man U and Chelsea?What's the f**kin point?

Scotland has always suffered from having two huge clubs followed by the rest but at least from time to time with the right coach and a good youth policy others would build a good enough team to challenge Celtic and Rangers.ie Sir Alex's Aberdeen team of the 80's who won the spl 3 times between 1980 and 1986.

Now if anyone else looks like challenging the big two,they just go out and buy their best players.

Ironically Celtic and Rangers now find themselves in the same position when it comes to competing with even championship clubs for players.

I have many great memories from the 80's when my own small club through a great coach and brilliant youth policy won the spl with a team of homegrown players.We regularly competed with the giants of europe pulling off some remarkable results in the process.One of the highlights from that period was going down to Old Trafford in a travelling army of 4,000(our home crowds were around 6-7,000 ),being packed into the paddock end and outsinging the stretford end while watching our little club grab a 2-2 draw in a uefa cup tie.

Because of Murdoch and the greed in the game now there is no chance of that happening to us or the many other smaller clubs again.

There's a bit more to the whole thing than can be written here but that's basically my take on the whole thing.

I don't expect everyone on here to agree with me though!!  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0tkwqhXTc4

serious14

2w1tco2.gif

;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member