• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

midfielder

Ever get the feeling that Julia would love to call on Dr Who and go back in time to after the last election and re do some of the deals she did...

Craig Thompson, Peter Slipper, Carbon Tax, Mining Tax, even independents asking questions now, Greens getter stronger ... polls in free fall .. [imagine if the libs had a half decent leader] ...

I think we will have a new ALP leader with 6 to 8 weeks...

true believer

i'll put a 5'er we go to the polls with her."unless she's dead"
and yes labor should have "call the greens out" before the last election with a double disallation
on the ETS .
polls up 3% today .it's not over till it's over

true believer

Tanya Plibersek living legend

MOR--abbott-poster-20120601113552961404-420x0.jpg

THATS GOLD

marvin

Only now just noticed this topic, why does anyone even consider voting labor.

It's the same system every time labor are in power, labor will spend on anything and run us into a massive debt and than the coalition will start saving and get the economy back on track.

Julia likes saying she kept us out of recession, only because she spent the money the Howard government had managed to save for a rainy day. It doesn't bother her because she wont be the prime minister working out how to pay of a $90billion debt her government has made with all the failed policies.

I hope when labor gets smashed in the next election, no one considers a labor government ever again.

My bet is Abbot stays leader makes the hard decisions in his first term, maybe second and than julie bishop will become Prime Minister.

Bishop seems to have a brain.

Don't get me wrong im not saying Liberal are the perfect party and there is no corruption when they are in power, but they tend to provide essential infrastructure and services, rather than moronic things.

Forum Phoenix

Sorry Marvin I think this is a gross over simplification of things that I have heard too many times over the years.
In politics, one mans deficit is another man's crucial policy. Sick of both the major parties myself. Abbot's war of negativity does nothing to inspire me. I like Malcolm Turnbull though. And think Labour do need another leader - though I equally despise all the "Ranga bitch" stuff you read.

But not interested in debate. I hate politics on a football forum. I like football exactly because it's purer. More black and white. You can say that should have ben a foul, question team selections or tactics and what have you, laugh and cry... But at the end of the day, the team who puts the ball in the net more wins and you can shake hands and have a few laughs. And there's always next year :)

The two things I want most from politicians is vision and honesty.

So about those Mariners...

marvin

I think Julia does not have much time left as our Prime ministers,

Labor calling Rob Oakeshott and Tony Windsor bluff about going to a early election, followed by news reporters saying they can confirm labor members are in talks about how they can dump her.

When Rudd gets into power watch how quickly Swan and Julia get moved to the back bench, lets face it the last federal budget was a election budget.

craig thomson and peter slipper will probably lose the protection Julia is giving them.

Bex

Only now just noticed this topic, why does anyone even consider voting labor.

It's the same system every time labor are in power, labor will spend on anything and run us into a massive debt and than the coalition will start saving and get the economy back on track.

Julia likes saying she kept us out of recession, only because she spent the money the Howard government had managed to save for a rainy day. It doesn't bother her because she wont be the prime minister working out how to pay of a $90billion debt her government has made with all the failed policies.

I hope when labor gets smashed in the next election, no one considers a labor government ever again.

I think you'll find even a liberal government would have spent money to prop up our economy during the fallout of a global financial crisis.

It was certainly liberal's time to not be in government when labour came in.

I don't think either party is significantly different to the other. They're all party politicians and in the end they do a reasonable job. Go to USA, Spain or Egypt if you want an example of a bad job.

The best thing I can do, whilst both parties are so similar, is to keep changing between them. That way, we'll keep them somewhat honest and focused on the needs of the public. And I will change parties to improve my own situation - that's the choice they give us when such similarity exists.

I just hope one day there's an alternative that offers realistic differing policy.

Just my 2c worth...

style_cafe

There are a lot of differences between the parties.

I somehow think that if Malcolm Turnbull was running the Libs they would have more credibility.
Tony Abbott however,would be the last of the Libs I would ever vote for.

His constant negativity,in which he has been well schooled by his public relations consultants,is very effective.However,anyone that reads the unbiased commentaries or watches the ABC realises that the man is a phony.

He constantly dodges any program that asks him real questions or questions his "policies".He refuses to go on Q&A,7.30 Report & the like instead he does his doorstop interviews with trainee journalists who ask him about the fishmarket he`s just been to before letting him launch into his negetivity speeches.

Read his recycled Howard policies.
Do you really think he`ll repeal the carbon tax when he has his Direct Action policy to replace it? Change the name maybe,change the workings maybe but you`ll still be taxed to pay for climate change.The difference being Abbott will tax you & pay the big polluters not to pollute.

Do you think the Navy will turn back the boats?
Will Nauru be the solution? With the serious mental health issues the refugees suffered from being there.

How will they fund their policies which show a massive "black hole" in the budgets done by the 5th largest accounting firm that were duly prosecuted for signing off on it. Hockey didn`t rule out a rise in GST!

I seriously hope the people in this country wake up to him before it`s too late.

The soap box is now vacant!

marvin

I think you'll find even a liberal government would have spent money to prop up our economy during the fallout of a global financial crisis.

It was certainly liberal's time to not be in government when labour came in.

I don't think either party is significantly different to the other. They're all party politicians and in the end they do a reasonable job. Go to USA, Spain or Egypt if you want an example of a bad job.

The best thing I can do, whilst both parties are so similar, is to keep changing between them. That way, we'll keep them somewhat honest and focused on the needs of the public. And I will change parties to improve my own situation - that's the choice they give us when such similarity exists.

I just hope one day there's an alternative that offers realistic differing policy.

Just my 2c worth...

I can respect your opinion but the fact is Howard was pulling the country out of a deficit and turning over yearly surpluses.
Im not saying a liberal government would not have spend money but they would have spent it on essential things, for example in tough times the libes created jobs by building roads and transport were as labor spend money on a Insulation Program $1 billion down the drain right there

School laptops, what a success they were, sit in the corner of most kids room now.

The reason people don't like a liberal government is they always inherit the problems labor done such a great job at creating, for example liberal are about to receive a $300+ billion deficit and we are still building the NBN.

Howard put money away for a rainy day, and Rudd and Julia blew it away, we still had a debt but it was not that big.

I hate abbots attitude but im not going to knock it until he gets in power.

I would honestly like a government were everyone has a say and doesn't follow party lines.

Sorry, I have just had enough with the way Australia is wasting money, no plan for the future when coal is not needed.

Mumbles

The country needs a leader who understands the new world economy and where we fit in it. Don't care what they call themselves.
The ranga is an insult to intelligent people and nice guys don't win Tony.

We need an asshole who's willing to make tough decisions in the best interest of all Australians.

marvin

The country needs a leader who understands the new world economy and where we fit in it. Don't care what they call themselves.
The ranga is an insult to intelligent people and nice guys don't win Tony.

We need an asshole who's willing to make tough decisions in the best interest of all Australians.

Agreed, I till Tony is there to be that person who will make the tough decisions and than when polls start dropping I think Bishop will become PM.

But the ranga needs to go.

marvin

julia gillard is putting up protective fences around her house, one more thing WE are paying for !

Why does she need the fences she seems to think everyone loves her ?

The Lodge getting renovated? you have to be kidding me !

It gets renovated like every second year !

Rudd must be getting ready to move in.

style_cafe

Agreed, I till Tony is there to be that person who will make the tough decisions and than when polls start dropping I think Bishop will become PM.

But the ranga needs to go.
An Abbott being replaced by a Bishop?
Who`s running the party George Pell? :headbutt:

midfielder

You don't think julie bishop would make a good PM ?

She is smart and doesn't have that annoying voice the ranga has.

Oh I just got it haha

Why so serious ... you missed the joke...

here is the joke ... An Abbott being replaced by a Bishop .... they are both Church officials ...

To explain

The word abbot, meaning father, is a title given to the head of a monastery in various traditions, including Christianity.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbot

A bishop (English derivation[1] from the New Testament Greek ἐπίσκοπος, epískopos, "overseer", "guardian") is an ordained or consecrated member of the Christian clergy who is generally entrusted with a position of authority and oversight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop

marvin

Why so serious ... you missed the joke...

here is the joke ... An Abbott being replaced by a Bishop .... they are both Church officials ...

To explain

The word abbot, meaning father, is a title given to the head of a monastery in various traditions, including Christianity.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbot

A bishop (English derivation[1] from the New Testament Greek ἐπίσκοπος, epískopos, "overseer", "guardian") is an ordained or consecrated member of the Christian clergy who is generally entrusted with a position of authority and oversight. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop

Look at the bottom of my last post mate, I eddited and said

"Oh I just got it haha"

I did get the joke after a min or two.

Forum Phoenix

Marvin. You lose any credibility and do yourself no credit when you argue using points about a persons appearance and speech.
Do you not want your point of views to be taken seriously and on merit?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred