• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Oh, what a night! I bought a bottle of bubbly on the way home from work to celebrate (preemptive, but I was confident!) and put the popcorn on...

Rowdy

Wonder if in the morning he'll still have that incessant swagger in his walk-up style, which he has whenever he fronts the media ............. NOT!

Its like a cross between a 'John Wayne' maybe going for both gun's & a puny bloke who's carrying invisible suit-cases in each slightly puffed out arm.

Tony Abott; sometimes walks like a Rooster but he's ALWAYS been a cock!

Forum Phoenix

Agree, except for the blood letting. I think they'll stick with Shorten and just try and get over the line pushing Malcolm's narcissism, his back stabbing, and that nothing will actually change - reality of party politics etc. And then learn their lesson when Libs narrowly win a second term.

Not in truth sure that Albo could out fox the silver fox either, but he'd provide a much better contest than Bill I think.

dibo

Turnbull can serve the public or the party, just like last time.

He was leader for just 14 months last time, and his own inability to bring his party with him to pursue his core beliefs was his downfall.

His core beliefs (e.g. his nuanced but essentially somewhat progressive view on climate change) are the reason the public likes him. They're the reason why his party couldn't stand him before.

He's spent the intervening nearly six years singing from the hymn book and not deviating. Barring a couple of recent strategic strikes, he's played nice all the way to the Prime Ministership, and in so doing promised to keep playing nice with the party room.

But I don't think the general public wants him to play to the Cory Bernardis, Eric Abetzes and George Christensens. I think they want him to play to the electoral centre, but he's basically said he's going to be Tony Abbott but wearing nicer suits and speaking in complete sentences.

If the public falls out of love with him, he'll have Kevin Rudd's problem - his core support is NewsPoll and if that goes away from him he's short of allies.

If he doesn't keep nice with the party room he's going to be rolled faster than Abbott was.

Somethings going to have to give.

dibo

Had to click "show ignored content" to see who you were referring to.

Albo did win the members' ballot, but he didn't win enough of the Caucus. That's not just a matter of 'party nabobs', it's the folks that are in Canberra every second fortnight living in each others' pockets. Albo gets along well with a lot of people, so does Bill; the Caucus made its choice at the time.

Given another shot, they may choose differently, but nobody's out there agitating for a change. Quietly wishing, maybe, but not agitating.

For what it's worth, I met Albo 15 years ago and have had a bit to do with him now for about 10 - he's a *very* good bloke. He's fierce, loyal, hardworking and he's actually very funny. Like properly funny. He's got a mischievous streak the breadth of the Nullarbor. He mixes passion and sensitivity with just being downright f**king hard sometimes. You don't want to take him on, he'll do you. Hammer or rapier, he won't mind.

Only child of a single mum who was in and out of hospital, lived in public housing, first of his extended family to finish school let alone go to uni, and rose to the top of the pile in the Labor Party. It's a great personal story.

There's a simply fantastic profile of him from Good Weekend a few weeks back: http://www.theage.com.au/good-weekend/anthony-albaneses-waiting-game-20150817-gj0i66.html

It's not bullshit either, that's the Albo I know. He'd be a fantastic leader for the country.

nearlyyellow

Had to click "show ignored content" to see who you were referring to.
:D

I read that profile, nicely written, very informative, and I would commend it to anyone who might want to know a bit more about the bloke.

When I used to watch Question Time every day I well remember his incisive performances as Leader of the House. Apart from all his other laudable qualities he is a very good parliamentary performer, arguably the best of the Opposition atm.

'onya Albo

nearlyyellow

So MT has selected his *first* cabinet. Nice to see Erica ( ;) ) and that snake Andrews not getting a slot. Cormann? I dunno, the images of he and smokin' Joe Hockey puffing away on Hockey's "best day of his life" post Budget 1 preparation just won't go away. He will be coloured with that image in my mind whilst ever he is in Parliament. Hunt & Dutton stay in their portfolios :confused: They must be too dangerous to set loose. :(

I *like* MT's emphasis on a Government focussed on innovation, science. This, and the Abbottless helm, will probably ensure another term for this mob. :(

midfielder

Just an observation from my accounting practice the last few years has been flat to slow growth with business and business owners that I see and speak to very unhappy and not willing to take many risks nor invest much.... Since MT has been PM my practice has grown hughly and I am looking at maybe a new staff member ... more over the general business community just seem happier much more willing to invest in new ways and people seem far more confident about the future... then again maybe its just me and what I see around me...

Would love if others are seeing similar things from small businesses...

midfielder

I hope this guy wins the US elections... well made youtube by I guess his people or supporters... I have been following his campaign every couple of days [sad i know]

ChosenChaos

the fact turnbull still hasn't got a science minister ,
shows the libs , still , have the bullshit factor dialled to max.

turnbull has better use of the English language and a warm smile instead of a sneer .
but nothing has changed

why would we want to know about things like storms that left some of the punters on here
without power for 7 days .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-05/quinn-csiro-cuts-why-we-need-climate-modelling/7143584

Not to mention the fact that Turnbull has pretty much stuck with Abbott's policies, even the ones where his previous stance on those areas was something different to policy.

FFC Mariner

Setting :

At Fox studios before the Sydney derby looking at the concrete 1930's buildings. All they need is a big f**k off concrete eagle.

We discussed how 3rd Reich they looked and wondered if Australia would accept a fascist regime (think Aussie Trump - populist fear monger etc)

We felt Australia would love being a fascist state.

Thoughts (yes it's a horrible thought)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred