How Do You Watch the A-League?

Discussion in 'Australian Football' started by midfielder, Oct 31, 2019.

?

If you have a subscription service which of the following is it?

1. Foxtel

2. Kayo

3. Telstra

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

Mods

I was going to create a poll but could not see a link for a new poll....

The poll was as follows..

Thread Title: How Do You Watch the A-League

Thread details. If you have a subscription service which of the following is it.
    • Fox
    • Kayo
    • Telstra
    • Other
    Can we still do polls and if only a mod thing can you set up the above poll.

2. adz

adz Moderator Staff Member

Done! I assume Telstra means Foxtel on Telstra?
    FYI you can start a poll in a new thread.

3. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Could refer to the myfootball app which Telstra mobile customers can use to watch A league for free on a phone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. adz

adz Moderator Staff Member

I did not know this :D

5. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

TBF ! We do have a Telstra television BUT the kayo app is on there and I use that instead of foxtel now cause I can watch repeats of HAL (and germany, Spain,MLS and the championship) whenever I want

6. greenlig

greenlig Well-Known Member

Yeah Kayo is a great example of a traditional cable company (Foxtel) doing streaming right.

7. Rowdy

Rowdy Well-Known Member

Do Kayo have the Foxtel Pre-game & Post Game or just the games ?
    - interested to know.

8. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

They have a pre-game but I don't know about post, I never watch.

9. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

No idea, but I listen to 96.3 Coast FM pre game.
    I watch via a mate's Foxtel Go. OK, but there's no replays of the game except on the Fox schedule.

10. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Don’t know but it should do as it is just the fox feed via streaming.

11. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Yes. It's the fuxsports telecast just streamed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

Surprised so many people on here still have Foxtel....it's just so expensive.........

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Foxtel.
    I had kayo for one preseason game on free 14day trail. Which i cancelled after the game. The stream was decent enough.
    I have Foxtel IQ which is still the best presentation of Football in this country ATM.
    Fox is good for Leeds games but i also have Optus sub that i have never watched, given to me as a gift. I gave my password to a mate who is a Scum fan (Manyoo) and he loves it.

14. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

I use online streaming sites such as firstrowsport.com etc

15. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

I’m very happy with Kayo. I can get on there without seeing results given away. My streams never cut out - which I really struggled with free sites like firstrow. And I cancelled Foxtel play after it was abysmal. I Love mini games. And I find the site super easy and enjoyable to navigate.

I have Foxtel downstairs in our house but Kayo for travel has just been perfect too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

foxtel go works well for that too. I record our games as watching on the big screen usually means waiting for the kids to go to bed and am usually successful at avoiding forums and social media for results. But for other games I tend to end up using my phone for at least part of the match.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

I'm sitting on the balcony of our 11th floor apt in Brissy on hols watching Barça v Celtivigo on Kayo on the iPad... Brilliant

• Like Like x 1
  18. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

After a survey I read about the Roar that had Fox subscription as 47% and Fox Go, Kayo & Telstra as 53% I set up some polls on the Mariners, MV & WSW forums.

Am still waiting SFC, & Jerks forum approvals to join their forums so I can do the polls

But to date and not counting Optus or the ABC just subscriptions as we are bombarded with Fox rating decline...

So over MV, Mariners & WSW and 85 votes this is the result

Fox main sub = 35%

Fox Kayo ==== 37%

Fox Go ===== 16 %

Tetstra ===== 12 %

Its interesting and even if the numbers are small the Roar figure was over 300 people I believe, it illustrates the panic about ratings being half what they were, fails to look at the changing viewing patterns.

Not sure TBH what it all means but simply not accepting Fox / News propaganda and agenda setting articles..

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1