• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How do you feel 3 days before the GF?

Describe your emotion. I am:

• Confident

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Euphoric

• Nervous

• Scared

• Total voters

Omni

I'm confident, but as the day gets closer and closer it turns to nervous.

Much the same as striker, there's a lot more experience in CCM, we beat them 3-0 last time, they played their Grand Final last week, they actually think they played well in the Prelim.

BAD BULLZ

I would be more excited if it was anyone else purely because im anxious bout trip home and it really is the lowest low losing to those muppets on the flip side if it was a guarenteed win i would love it to be the jets because no emotion could desribe that feeling such a gamble i am quietly confident of winning an epic highscoring over time and beyond marathon.
3gf's:
season 1 relativly standered match went the way everyone thought it would not much in it but "glamour" club wins alot like the season
season 2 absoulute one sided dominance just like season proper
season 3 epic close highscoring game just like the season gone with many highscoring games closest season ever which mariners deservedly edged out competition as we will this weekend.

SoccerMum

All four excited, nervous, tad scared and a bit mischievious.  Can't wait for the day to arrive, looking forward to seeing the Mariners off on Saturday too.   :thumbup:

Extra excitement our 6 yr old was asked to play in a small sided game before the kick off, what a thrill for a kid, hopefully they won't get stage fright in front of all those people.  Pls give the kids a cheer. ;D

Live in the northern end of the coast, almost the gateway between the two, where there is an overhead pedestrian crossing just crying out for a "welcoming" sign to our rivals on the way down and a farewell sign on the way home after we've won.  Not to mention No. 2 son's teacher who goes for the Jets, we've told her we'll bring the Mariners Jersey for her to wear Monday after we've won. :piralaugh:

Tez

im all 4, and it keeps changing - im loving the atmosphere and the hype leading up to the big game! little bit nervous but quietly confident.

i was there in season one when we lost, one of the worst feeling ever! dnt wana go through it again..
But Soooooo excited for it!
only 3 more Sleeps!
This is Bigger than Christmas!

kevrenor

SoccerMum said:
Extra excitement our 6 yr old was asked to play in a small sided game before the kick off, what a thrill for a kid, hopefully they won't get stage fright in front of all those people.  Pls give the kids a cheer.

Good stuff ...

Sean

Im excited but i dont know what im in for.

The only thing that has me peeved is the amount of bullshit that has been spun from the Newcastle camp. It is really showing how much of a pinhead GVE is.
Articles on "Jets ready to fly" "We wont be bullied by Mariners" "GVE gives good boy head"
its just beginning to be a pain in the ass all these useless articles giving random stirr ups.
I really hope the boys are ignoring this shit. Im already close to headbutting a wall the next time i read an article like "North vows to play good defense" or "GVE: D'Applezoo to man mark Dangerman Kwasnik" or "Spencer curses Jedinak: THEY TOOK OUR JEERRRRBBBSS"

SNOWMARINER

SoccerMum said:
All four excited, nervous, tad scared and a bit mischievious.  Can't wait for the day to arrive, looking forward to seeing the Mariners off on Saturday too.   :thumbup:

Extra excitement our 6 yr old was asked to play in a small sided game before the kick off, what a thrill for a kid, hopefully they won't get stage fright in front of all those people.  Pls give the kids a cheer. ;D

Live in the northern end of the coast, almost the gateway between the two, where there is an overhead pedestrian crossing just crying out for a "welcoming" sign to our rivals on the way down and a farewell sign on the way home after we've won.  Not to mention No. 2 son's teacher who goes for the Jets, we've told her we'll bring the Mariners Jersey for her to wear Monday after we've won. :piralaugh:

Would'nt happen to be the walk bridge at Lake Munmorah on the Pacific HWY would it. Would most supporters or the team travel that way? I thought most would get on the F3 before then. Perfect place to hang a sign though.

marinermick

SNOWMARINER said:
SoccerMum said:

Would'nt happen to be the walk bridge at Lake Munmorah on the Pacific HWY would it. Would most supporters or the team travel that way? I thought most would get on the F3 before then. Perfect place to hang a sign though.

yeah a sign like "what's it like to finally leave newcastle?" or something like that would be great

trev

yeah i am all 4 once. when i think about it i get more excited/nervous. Just thinking about makes me nervous at 1 stage i am like yeah bring it on and the next i am like all nervous.

marinersman

Perm said:
Im excited but i dont know what im in for.

The only thing that has me peeved is the amount of bullshit that has been spun from the Newcastle camp. It is really showing how much of a pinhead GVE is.
Articles on "Jets ready to fly" "We wont be bullied by Mariners" "GVE gives good boy head"
its just beginning to be a pain in the ass all these useless articles giving random stirr ups.
I really hope the boys are ignoring this shit. Im already close to headbutting a wall the next time i read an article like "North vows to play good defense" or "GVE: D'Applezoo to man mark Dangerman Kwasnik" or "Spencer curses Jedinak: THEY TOOK OUR JEERRRRBBBSS"

Couldn't agree with you more perm.

They've dished out crap all week, especially GVE. They're normally no where near this bad.

I can't help but thinking they might not be quite right mentally heading into the match and their confidence isn't at the level it should be. Their verbals this week demonstrates desperation and the fact that they might be up to it to lift one more time.

They have reached a new, sad, pathetic low this week. Just makes us hate the scum even more and the victory even sweeter on Sunday.

Roll on Sunday. The closer it gets, the better I feel.

Mariner Girl

I'm nervously confident at the moment. Then you get a rush of excitement as the match draws closer.
It's been bit wierd for me living down here in Sydney because we can't really get a grip of the same excitement you guys on the Coast are getting, with the photo shoots etc and the departure of the team bus on Saturday.

But I have SEA FM on my car radio and have been listening to "A Mariner a Day" with Patty and Ciel in the morning. Loved hearing Lawrie this morning. And Gen, you go girl! But what about the school girl screaming down her mobile phone at Danny yesterday. I was p*ssing myself driving to work.  :piralaugh:

Back to the game, I am sure that Viddy and John Aloisi's big game experience will be a calming influence on the boys, but most of them have been there before in V1. They will all be a bundle of nerves before the game. We have more motivation to win, the all the crap that's been flying around about our style of play etc.

SO FIRE UP EVERYONE - THIS IS IT!  :fireup: :fireup:

LFCMariners

I'm still confident but there's a bit of tension in my gut right now. Or maybe that's just the chilli beans and rice I ate for lunch?

If the Jets boys want to spend time worrying about us and staging verbal battles, let them. It suggests they're spending less time concerning themselves with more important tasks.

Kinf of like last years' AFL Grand Final when Port were busy taking pot-shots at Geelong's players, while the Cats just focused on finishing their dream season the best way possible.

bikinigirl

Perm said:
... or "Spencer curses Jedinak: THEY TOOK OUR JEERRRRBBBSS"

. i can see that one because we are so far advanced they think we are from the future (well at least perm should know what i mean)

. i am full of nervous excitement. have been using a lot of energy anxiously awaiting the big day and have been having trouble sleeping

. hopefully the boys are not similarly afflicted (but the jest should be)

bulldogmariner

Well Just over 55 hours till kick off in the biggest game of the season.
Talking to a few of the boys they are excited we have been here once before and they know how much it hurts when you lose in a GF.
This is our time
This is our 90 minutes.
And i the end we will share 1 emotion and that is the joy of winning the GF and watching as Alex, Tony and Lawrie hold that toilet seat above there heads in front of the MarinerCove.
Bring on Sunday and lets show the jets where the exit is when we win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishmum

I am quietly confident...
I was there for the first Grandfinal... and it was beyond expectation, the crowds roaring and screaming. I do believe the first GF experience was a great learning step. The players will know what to expect when they walk out onto that field.
I really do not think that Newcastle will be expecting the enormity and emotions that it presents.

The Mariners made me feel so proud, and it was only luck on Sydney's side they won.
I do hope that we don't loose by a stroke of bad luck or a bad bounce, or a referee's wrong decision.
I want to enjoy this game to the fullest... wether we win or loose, I know that the Mariners will have given all they can, they will give us, that never say die attitude. They will also do their best for their fans and the coast.

They have the skill, the players, the coach, the fitness, and great foresite in placement of the ball. And a brilliant gutsy goalkeeper .This is why I am confident they are the better team.

I just pray and hope they are given a fair go.... I have been gutted so many times this year by blatant unfair decisions. May this game not be marred in the same way.

S

striker

I kind of expected this type of response........
Confident  - 26 (38.8%)
Euphoric - 16 (23.9%)
Nervous - 20 (29.9%)
Scared  - 5 (7.5%)

Good to see the majority have confidence in our team... :thumbup:

wow ... 30% of nervous people..... what can one say..... relax...have a few drinks.... put all negative thought aside and enjoy the GF          8)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred