• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How do you feel 3 days before the GF?

Describe your emotion. I am:

• Confident

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Euphoric

• Nervous

• Scared

• Total voters
S

striker

I am confident - reason: we have been in a GF before, at the same ground, there is no home team advantage (like against Sydney FC),  we have beaten Jest the last time we met, we have a better team, better coaches and the Mariner supporters a legends!

Atomic

I'm all 4! But I have to admit being nervous most of all. The reason being is that I know playing Newcastle, more than any other team, will result in the highest of highs if we win and the lowest of lows if we lose.

Marinerchick

I'm excited i cannot wait but im a bit nervous and a tad scared because no one knows what those scum supporters could do

LFCMariners

I'd say confident. PLaying the Jets in a Grand Final is like gambling- if you win, you win the JACKPOT. But if you lose, you've lost everything. On current form and the attitude the boys appear to have going into this weekend, I'm confident that we should win. The team doesn't sound phased or over-awed by the game ahead, they have the experience, and they have been playing very well since they defeated Wellington 2-0 in the final round. Even when we got beaten 2-0 by the Scum in the first week of the finals, we played at least as good as they did. Matthew Breeze won't be there this weekend, so I reckon the Mariners can do the full job.

Bex

I'm confident and nervous. Next week I'll be euphoric after we shoot down the jets.

northernspirit

im feeling confident, a bit nervous more so as kickoff draws closer - but i think we are the better team and deserve it more

dannysgirl

I'm just excited really. Win or lose it will be a great day, and we will all have fun. Cliche, I know but its true :)

dru

I'm excited at the moment, about to start the first leg of my trip for the game from Dysart to  Brisbane. Thats really all I'm feeling at the moment is excitment It's just going to be huge!

the excitment is probably a by product of all 4 options really

I'm angry. Angry that it is looking like there won't be a full stadium. This is the biggest game of the year. I can understand the reasons behind the FFA moving the venue, but what use is having a bigger venue if you price tickets in such a fleecing manner that it is impossible to attract neutral support. Atomosphere is never what it should be when you can stare at empty bays.

Other then that I'm confident we have the experience to outlast the scum.

Deej

nervous - the game can go either way.

Sure we won the last game, confidence there for the boys, but they have had the better of us for the past 2 seasons? Form and history goes out the window at 5pm, our players have been there to experience it before, they have a handful of players with finals history (Spencer, Durante and North).  We'll be looking at Sash, Aloisi, Vidmar etc to step up and take control as they will for players like Covic and Griffiths.  

It's so hard to predict which way it will go, I believe we have the experience, they perhaps don't and how their senior players will handle the nerves is a big question.

First goal will win it

bikinigirl

. i think most empty seats will be in the scgt members area :tophat:, somebody mentioned something about a cricket game at the same time ::)

. maybe they will duck out for a couple of hours football

marinersman

I'm eurphoric.

Being in a GF is something to savour and enjoy. I think we should all enjoy this week above all else.

Who knows when we'll be in a GF next, the margins between the sides are just so fine, no club can expect a GF appearance any season.

Soak it up folks. It doesn't get much better than this week.

mustapha_beer

Confident, but nervous kinda sums it up for me too.....my guts start churning every time I think about the final.

I know I should be enjoying the build up, but I just want the afternoon to arrive and see the boys do the business. We normally go for a meal before the game, but I'm not sure I'm going to have much of an appetite!

Aden

umm well  all 4..  but prob scared most..  not because i underestimate the boys but im always like thsi even against pheonix  in pre season cup  haha.. but agaisnt jets im just scared cuz i dont want them to win anythin i cannot stand them .. im more pissed off bout the whole traffic and the way FFA organized this whole event

mustapha_beer

Alicia said:
Shouldn't there be 90 emotions listed :p

OK, here are a few - and they're just the ones I'm feeling at the moment!!!:

1-Happy
2-Excited
3-Nervous
4-Impatient
5-Eager
6-Euphoric
7-Confident
8-Uncertain
9-Certain
10-Agitated
11-Distracted
12-Obsessed

poetryintheblood

Nervous naturally, but so ready for this, I want to shut the scum and f***wits like Craig Forster up so badly, winning for us would be awesome, as we deserve it, but I truly want it mostly to show those who think we're sh** that The Coast holds a lot of talent, and that our boys are family, and we as that defend them to the end. GOOOOO MARINERSSSSS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred