• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

How do you feel 3 days before the GF?

Describe your emotion. I am:

• Confident

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Euphoric

• Nervous

• Scared

• Total voters

Mermaid

Feely mighty confident indeed. Keep gettin that song: Where guna win the A-league and this is what we sing. Where the Mariners! where the mariners! winning is our thing hey! Wonder if they'll play WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS after the game. How good would it be if they played Yellow Submarine? while walking outa the stadium. Now im dreaming ;D :innocent:

Omni

I thought I'd be a lot more nervous now than I am, but the confidence is still there, maybe on Sunday I'll get nervous?

gull

Strangely calm & relaxed - as I was before the major SF 2nd leg. Hope it's a good sign!

Can't wait to get there on Sunday, soak it all up and scream my heart out.

I think all the talk coming out of scumland is false bravado. They're nervous as shit while
our camp seem very calm (again like they were before the major SF 2nd leg).

Deej

gull said:
Strangely calm & relaxed - as I was before the major SF 2nd leg. Hope it's a good sign!

Can't wait to get there on Sunday, soak it all up and scream my heart out.

I think all the talk coming out of scumland is false bravado. They're nervous as shit while
our camp seem very calm (again like they were before the major SF 2nd leg).

There will be 22 nervous players at 5pm Sunday, how they handle those nerves and settle into the game will determine who wins.

It's going to be an exciting game with plenty of chances for each side

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
If I was any calmer I'd be horizontal....course that could be the pain killers i'm sucking down......maybe by Sunday i'll be a tad more uptight, but I doubt it due to the supreme confidence I have in Laurie and the boys

S

striker

RECKY said:
If I was any calmer I'd be horizontal....course that could be the pain killers i'm sucking down......maybe by Sunday i'll be a tad more uptight, but I doubt it due to the supreme confidence I have in Laurie and the boys

or even Lawrie......?????????  just to confuse a few.....

SoccerMum

marinermick said:
SNOWMARINER said:
SoccerMum said:
All four excited, nervous, tad scared and a bit mischievious.  Can't wait for the day to arrive, looking forward to seeing the Mariners off on Saturday too.   :thumbup:

Extra excitement our 6 yr old was asked to play in a small sided game before the kick off, what a thrill for a kid, hopefully they won't get stage fright in front of all those people.  Pls give the kids a cheer. ;D

Live in the northern end of the coast, almost the gateway between the two, where there is an overhead pedestrian crossing just crying out for a "welcoming" sign to our rivals on the way down and a farewell sign on the way home after we've won.  Not to mention No. 2 son's teacher who goes for the Jets, we've told her we'll bring the Mariners Jersey for her to wear Monday after we've won. :piralaugh:

Would'nt happen to be the walk bridge at Lake Munmorah on the Pacific HWY would it. Would most supporters or the team travel that way? I thought most would get on the F3 before then. Perfect place to hang a sign though.

yeah a sign like "what's it like to finally leave newcastle?" or something like that would be great

Yes it is the Lake Munmorah overhead.  Probably many will go on the freeway further up, but I know we've seen the Newcastle Knights fans travel in bus loads down to Sydney games in previous years, so we can only hope the Jets buses come this way too. 

Sign will only be 3 metres long so needs to be short and sweet and one for the return ride too.  Any suggestions Mariners Town, Marinerscastle??? :-\ Need to start painting soon  :)

password

SoccerMum said:
marinermick said:
SNOWMARINER said:
SoccerMum said:
All four excited, nervous, tad scared and a bit mischievious.  Can't wait for the day to arrive, looking forward to seeing the Mariners off on Saturday too.   :thumbup:

Extra excitement our 6 yr old was asked to play in a small sided game before the kick off, what a thrill for a kid, hopefully they won't get stage fright in front of all those people.  Pls give the kids a cheer. ;D

Live in the northern end of the coast, almost the gateway between the two, where there is an overhead pedestrian crossing just crying out for a "welcoming" sign to our rivals on the way down and a farewell sign on the way home after we've won.  Not to mention No. 2 son's teacher who goes for the Jets, we've told her we'll bring the Mariners Jersey for her to wear Monday after we've won. :piralaugh:

Would'nt happen to be the walk bridge at Lake Munmorah on the Pacific HWY would it. Would most supporters or the team travel that way? I thought most would get on the F3 before then. Perfect place to hang a sign though.

yeah a sign like "what's it like to finally leave newcastle?" or something like that would be great

Yes it is the Lake Munmorah overhead.  Probably many will go on the freeway further up, but I know we've seen the Newcastle Knights fans travel in bus loads down to Sydney games in previous years, so we can only hope the Jets buses come this way too. 

Sign will only be 3 metres long so needs to be short and sweet and one for the return ride too.  Any suggestions Mariners Town, Marinerscastle??? :-\ Need to start painting soon   :)

LOL that would have to be the lamest thing i have read on this forum so far

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Does the fact that I'm finding it harder and harder to get to sleep say anything about my grand final feelings?

You left out the option for FARKEN FIRED UP!!!!

I'm pretty confident, but a bit nervous.  I imagine watching Sasho sink the first goal to stick it up the jets - after cutting it inside 3 defenders - and imagine just how absolutely mental the whole stadium will be going......I get goosebumps and a tear in the eye................

FFC Mariner

This is really weird, I am excited about the whole day out but completely ho hum about the game itself.

I cant wait for tomorrow, sunny day, pre game drinkies, sing song, seeing Viddie/Gumps off in style. Mingers afterwards.

If we win, great, if we dont I can live with it.

nero

Scared $hit less.
1) We are the only team this year that deserve the GF win.
2) We need to win it and then win it again next season to prove that we aer well organised and not crap like Melbourne and Sydney.
2)We must be those scum fans. I can't imagine the Squadron chanting the loss to us for the next year.
3)This is our second GF and if we loose again we will be considered chokers.
4) How good will the after party be at Mingers?
5) I hate feeling this nervous about something and then not getting a good feeling at the end.LOL

S

striker

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Does the fact that I'm finding it harder and harder to get to sleep say anything about my grand final feelings?

You left out the option for FARKEN FIRED UP!!!!

you preempted me.......... look @ http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=963.0

LFCMariners

nero said:
Scared $hit less.
1) We are the only team this year that deserve the GF win.
2) We need to win it and then win it again next season to prove that we aer well organised and not crap like Melbourne and Sydney.
2)We must be those scum fans. I can't imagine the Squadron chanting the loss to us for the next year.
3)This is our second GF and if we loose again we will be considered chokers.
4) How good will the after party be at Mingers?
5) I hate feeling this nervous about something and then not getting a good feeling at the end.LOL

1. We deserve the GF because we have been the best team all season, playing football that wins matches. Over the past month and a bit the boys have been playing great football, I don't think that is going to change tomorrow.

2. Let's just focus on getting our first tomorrow. Thoughts of making the double are for the off-season.

2. As I said earlier, it's a gamble. If we win, those Scummers will still have nothing. It won't matter if we don't beat them in the next 3 regular seasons, we could still always remind them that they couldn't get over us when it really mattered. The good news for us is that the Mariners look to be the better team, the fitter team.

3. I wouldn't say chokers. There are teams like Queensland who should have been getting ready to play us tomorrow who threw plenty of chances away. I would say they are chokers more than anything. Plus, in our first Grand Final, nobody expected the Mariners to win.

4. The after party will go OFF.

5. The good feeling is a delayed thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred