• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Home Grand Final in Sydney ???

rosko

I was chatting to one of the Bling supporters that I work with, and he was saying the Urawa supporters were amazing.. They left the stands cleaner than when they entered.. All their cheering was perfect.. I think the Bling supporters learnt plenty from them.. Obviously not manners though..  :eek:

FFC Mariner

I hope those Urawa supporters made sure they only sang 100% original chants. The last thing they would need is to piss off the keepers of the cred (SCC)

rosko

Nice to see the Jest supporters once again show a lack of intelligence... All the interviews showed Mariner fans understanding the value and need to have the GF in a larger stadium.. Jest fans keep those heads in the sand and say 'keep it here in Newcastle'.... I wonder what the attitude will be when we qualify first... Watch it turn around to a 'pro Sydney' venue then!!!!  :soapbox:

Omni

Nice work for the FFA to understate Newcastle's crowd to, to make it look like Sydney can draw a crowd.

Mini In Bay 6

Omni said:
Nice work for the FFA to understate Newcastle's crowd to, to make it look like Sydney can draw a crowd.

I'm trying to find out otherwise, but they let in a heap of fans without scanning the tickets.  This may affect the figures if the numbers are done based on tickets scanned through the gate instead of those sold.

But EAS  hosting a Grand Final?  Never in a million years.  Shit layout, poor facilities, poor service (Water had ran out before kickoff) and parking is abominable.

Andy

I Can't believe they want to host a GF there.

The place is a f*cking sh*thole!!

Renovations are still ongoing FFS!

P

Pete

rosko said:
I was chatting to one of the Bling supporters that I work with, and he was saying the Urawa supporters were amazing.. They left the stands cleaner than when they entered.. All their cheering was perfect.. I think the Bling supporters learnt plenty from them.. Obviously not manners though..  :eek:

Rosko I can confirm that.

Urawa fans filled up a fair bit of the away supporters section and their singing and chanting was streets ahead of the Cove in terms of co ordination, colour, hand movements and nearly as large as the Cove in numbers at the other end.

In fact, their show was just as entertaining as the match itself, and sometimes a distraction.

I think anyone who had been singing in the stands in the HAL up to that point, and had thought the Marinators/Cove/Squadron etc. were good, walked out of that game thinking they had a lot to catch up to the support given to Urawa. But at home, their whole f**king stadium participates - red and white everywhere. A trip to Urawa's home ground would be something to consider, should the Mariners draw them in the ACL.

marinermick

Andy said:

exactly what i was thinking when there

it would be embarassing to host a GF at energy australia

brett

marinermick said:
Andy said:

Truly.

No water, shit security, shit view, shit town, and half the crowd can't watch the game on a Sunday afternoon because of the sun. Watching the replay today I was imaging it was the Grand Final, and it would really bring the occasion down tbh.

georgemladenov

marinermick said:
Andy said:

What do you mean? Clearly a stadium with sewers between the train station and Main Entry, that you either have to jump over or traverse skinny a plank, is a 5-Star facility. That, combined with discarded shipping containers functioning as corporated boxes is Newcastle ingenuity at its best! Worthy of an A-League GF....

soundsdifferent

georgemladenov said:
marinermick said:
Andy said:

What do you mean? Clearly a stadium with sewers between the train station and Main Entry, that you either have to jump over or traverse skinny a plank, is a 5-Star facility. That, combined with discarded shipping containers functioning as corporated boxes is Newcastle ingenuity at its best! Worthy of an A-League GF....

i was disgusted at eas last night but it well suited the scum they live in a total dump

theres no way a grand final should be there

LFCMariners

I think when Jets marketing were deciding on a jersey colour they took a look at the water in the sewers near EAS and said "Bingo!"

bjw

bjw
put it on at ANZ stadium (used to be Telstra)

chances are its gonna be an all NSW final so it doesnt really matter
If The A-League could sell out an 80,000 thousand seat stadium in its 3rd year it would be incredible

S

striker

The grand final should be on at the Sydney Olympic stadium every year (aka Telstra, ANZ) I guess is probably the only stadium in OZ that comes closest to the FIFA standards.

Mini In Bay 6

striker #9 said:
The grand final should be on at the Sydney Olympic stadium every year (aka Telstra, ANZ) I guess is probably the only stadium in OZ that comes closest to the FIFA standards.

I'm not so hard.  I figure that the capitals are best to hold finals, as they all have the larger stadia.  But any "regional sides" ie Newcastle, Us, and future Wollongong / Hobart / Gold Coast / Townsville teams better get use to fact that without a 50K+ stadium, the final will be held elsewhere.

Of course if we build a 50k+ stadium then all is good....

And this is Australia.  Nobody really gives a toss about FIFA standard, it's all about bums on seats.

georgemladenov

skilbeck said:
It will hurt most for Townsville and Hobart out of those sides

FFA will probably make some ruling like: "Minimum Seated Capacity of 34000 (Making Wellington eligible). If the minimum capacity cannot be reached and there is not a suitable stadium within 200km (Making both Wollongong and Newcastle eligible to play in Sydney, and Gold Coast in Brisbane), then only in those circumstances may an inappropriate stadium host the Grand Final"

FFC Mariner

Yep, will be in Syd 100%

Us/Scum v Lowy FC will be at Homebush
Us/Scum v Qld at SFS.

FFA have reserved both I think?

As to EAS, there were a lot of vacant seats in the middle of the new stand and the crowd looked about right IMHO. If so, to not sell out that game made a mockery of their claims to hosting rights.

This is the ground where they forgot to open one of the bars FFS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred