• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Home Grand Final in Sydney ???

Omni

Grand Final is in Sydney "marquee matches at marquee stadiums" apparently the SFS is one of those "marquee stadiums" which raises the question, will our ACL matches be in Gosford?

No objection if theyn move it to Stadium Australia but I'll be FURIOUS if they play it at the SFS, that pitch alone is enough to rule it out as a finals venue, that was disgusting on Sunday!

Atomic

Omni said:
Grand Final is in Sydney "marquee matches at marquee stadiums" apparently the SFS is one of those "marquee stadiums" which raises the question, will our ACL matches be in Gosford?

IMO... ABSOLUTELY!!! No way should they take the ACL games anywhere other than Bluetongue! Maybe (and that's a "maybe"), we can play the final at ANZ ;)

kevrenor

Omni said:
No objection if they move it to Stadium Australia but I'll be FURIOUS if they play it at the SFS, that pitch alone is enough to rule it out as a finals venue, that was disgusting on Sunday!
Agree.

SFS was returfed by the Cricket Ground Trust last week without consulting or advising SFC or the FFA!

I wonder what the Olympic Stadium (bugger Telstra/ANZ) surface is like at present?

I note that we have to get to the GF yet!

My view is Bluetongue may be OK if for example members got first choice but many people would still miss out .... with SFS vs Sydney last time only 8,000 seats were available, and even with another 1,000 grabbing non-away seats there were still thousands of our fans who missed out.

The Olympic Stadium would be OK IF they run special trains and buses - at least we would ALL get a seat.

If it was (shudder) Scum vs Roar - Lethargy would do (except I might not get a seat to wear Orange for once) and closer for Banana benders.

Ursus

Meh, It will be either us or Newcastle who will be the nominal hosts, so I guess it will be in Sydney. The only thing that worries me is that if it is CCM v the Jest is the train ride home after the game.  :eek:verhead:
Hope they have plenty of security. :popo:

brett

CCM Jets filled Bluetongue during the regular season. So, while fairly bandwagony, you could call these people regular supporters.

If the Grand Final is at Gosford you miss the chance to get more new people to the game.

There are many arguments both ways. I have personally accepted long ago that there's nothing we can do about it so we may as well move on and look towards a great spectacle.

It will be either us or Jets hosting it and if they host it against us, we will have the advantage anyway because we're closer. We've hardly copped the shortest end of the stick here people!

Andy

Omni said:

No objection if theyn move it to Stadium Australia but I'll be FURIOUS if they play it at the SFS, that pitch alone is enough to rule it out as a finals venue, that was disgusting on Sunday!

I think so.

The fact that Bling played a game at Paramatta Stadium, which I think is similar in size to BT, would mean they wouldn't require more than 20000 seats.

FFC Mariner

I dont know how many memberships the Jest have sold (like you would ever prepay Con FFS), maybe Timmy V can help but if they match ours then both grounds could be sold out if every member of both clubs took their 4 tickets (actually, we are about 8,000 short by my maths and EAS 2,000).

A show peice of the game is an opportunity for people to go for the first time and hopefully come back again in V4.

A good day out in Sydney, big crowd, massive occasion.

I'm in.

ps - lets just get there 1st

C

curious

It seems as though this is a stupid policy. The FFA are putting money before people.

Surely when the licenses were granted for both the Mariners and the Jets the FFA must have known that the grounds were a good size for regular competiton, but not finals. Why wasn't something done then?

It just seems silly that (possibly) both teams and their supporters will need  to travel between 1.5-3 hours to attend the game. Anyway, I don't think the SFS would be big enough for a CCM-Jets game.

EAS holds approx. 26,000
Bluetongue holds 20,000

SFS takes 42,000
All up there would be 46,000 potential fans
Mate, I don't know if you relise it, but you just had an argument with yourself & lost  :piralaugh:

pommypete

Both the Mariners & Newcastle agreed to move the grand final to Homebush should either of them get there,before the final games of the season.

bulldogmariner

i agree
60000 people down at homebush for a local derby weather it be sydney or the jets v us would be unbelievable and a great showcase to not only australia but the world.
If we played at central coast stadium not all mariners supports would get seats.
we want everyone there to cheer on the yellow
Just imagine the train ride back home once we beat the jets in the final it would be fantastic

S

striker

I'm sure a capacity crowd would turn up if Mariners play sydney fc at the olympic stadium.

promdi442

20,000 at Bluetongue 60,000+ at Olympic Park or ANZ whatever tey call it now. There is no comparison. What a day it would be what a spectacle it would be what an advert for both the A-League and the Central Coast

Lets go guys get there first so that our dreams wil become a reality.

Tassiemariner

What happens in the ACL if we draw Urawa??
As much as saying 'We had Urawa at Bluetongue" would mean to myself and other mariners fans There away fans would fill up a whole stand!! 
Maybe have all the little Japs sitting in the palm trees  ;D

FFC Mariner

What was Lowy FC's crowd against them?? Wasnt capacity.

I would think that it would be Bluetongue but all ticket

dibo

marinermick said:
thomas477 said:
The Newcastle Jets are fighting the decision to have the grand final be in sydney.

just shows how small-minded and insular they are

remo's at least getting one thing right - he's using the GF thing to lobby for the dosh to upgrade EAS (not that it really needs to be a lot bigger - it won't hold grand finals all that often and otherwise is barely ever sold out, it *does* need to be better though).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred